What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
well said, it's destroyed at grass roots. Sorry for off topic league. Parents foot the bill and not the governing body. Fees go to pay for wages of 1st graders. A-league setback junior development over 10 years in this country

Nearly had a heart attack when my sister in law told me it cost around $250 to register my nephew to play under 6's soccer and it's includes nothing else !! It cost my son $120, which included training shirt / shorts / club polo / playing shorts / soxes (plus free presentation fun day with rides / food etc) this year. But the club does work hard to keep costs down.

MrT

Juniors
Nearly had a heart attack when my sister in law told me it cost around $250 to register my nephew to play under 6's soccer and it's includes nothing else !! It cost my son $120, which included training shirt / shorts / club polo / playing shorts / soxes (plus free presentation fun day with rides / food etc) this year. But the club does work hard to keep costs down.
yes that's at park soccer, you get into SAP and Youth Premier League the cost is $1500 and $2400. Add extra training at academies and your looking at $30 per session. How many kids would play for NRL clubs Mathews, SG Ball etc at those costs

IFR33K

Coach

Yep. Pretty sure rego fees don't cover referees fees. Soccer is a rort, surprised so many parents opt for their kids to play that sport.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
surprised so many parents opt for their kids to play that sport.

The reason I hear all the time, is that rugby league is too rough, and soccer is a lot safer !! Today's helicopter parents don't want "little Johnny" hurt !!

But league is a rough game !! Even in the 10's, 11's, 12's when league starts getting more competitive, gee the boys go hard !! Definitely not for kids that don't want to get hit hard !!

But I see it as character building for my son .....

IFR33K

Coach
The reason I hear all the time, is that rugby league is too rough, and soccer is a lot safer !! Today's helicopter parents don't want "little Johnny" hurt !!

But league is a rough game !! Even in the 10's, 11's, 12's when league starts getting more competitive, gee the boys go hard !! Definitely not for kids that don't want to get hit hard !!

But I see it as character building for my son .....

Off memory, in a past survey, soccer had more and worse injuries than league.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Off memory, in a past survey, soccer had more and worse injuries than league.

Yeah I read something like that, the only serious injury in my son's side after 6 or so years of junior footy was actually my son who broke his collarbone. And it was probably his technique of holding the ball (which I warned him of many times and tried to change), that caused the injury.

Anyhow, he listened to me after that !!

Sensei Cobra

Juniors
C0GEskmUkAAQv8o.jpg
C0GEskmUkAAQv8o.jpg
C0GEskmUkAAQv8o.jpg
john-grant.jpg

Ur saying they'll get 4 weeks ?

Glenneel

Bench
Take it or leave it.
A dude on a Parra Facebook group claims to have it on very good authority that Moses deal has been done and he will play for Parra V The Chooks.
That Semi is a MASSIVE chance of blacflipping on The Frogs. He further claims that the 500k penalty is a media beat up.
Also says Eels now chasing Adam Elliott.
Who is Adam Elliott?

Gronk

Staff member
Don't get me started on f**king possums. F**king protected son-of-a-bitch-I-can-live-where-I-want arsholes.

Latest posts