What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RLIF 2017 Sydney Meeting

Last Week

Bench
One tour too many.

Honestly, just do the 4Nations one more time in 2019 if there isn't enough time to organise a Confederations Cup.

What's Australia going to do next year? Nothing again? Just the same as last year but with one LESS match?!

And what's NZ going to do in 2020? Knowing this sport, they'll play a combined Pacific team.

roughyedspud

Coach
Super scubby has apparently uncovered that the Wales CEO is on the RFL payroll..hence his rather disjointed Twitter answers..

donny donny

Juniors
I can't say tours really excite me tbh, I'd prefer Four Nations to tours.

Only good thing about bringing back GB is that there will be a decent shirt design for once. The England ones have been crap.

Irish-bulldog

Juniors

Only good thing about bringing back GB is that there will be a decent shirt design for once. The England ones have been crap.
Yeah can't wait to see the England team tour as GB :rolling_eyes:, I mean for f**k sake lol.

Pommy

Coach

How hard is it to make a good looking white shirt? It's like NSW with their consitantly shit designs.

adamkungl

Immortal
Last 4N put me off. Scheduling was poor.
The idea of playing Australia v NZ or Scotland v NZ in England outside of a World Cup is dumb.

I'd be happy to see the end of this style of min-tournament. Hoping the proposed future RLIF event does away with the current hosting structure.

jim_57

Staff member
In 2020 NZ could host a Pacific 4nations...that could be huge for the Pacific community in and around the north & south islands..

NZ,Samoa,Tonga plus another would be huge imo

If we're serious about this little World Cup thing in North America in 2025 how does a NZ tour of North America sound? Depends on $ I suppose.

Quite like the idea of a Pacific tournament as well, there are plenty of options.

adamkungl

Immortal
If we're serious about this little World Cup thing in North America in 2025 how does a NZ tour of North America sound? Depends on $ I suppose.

Quite like the idea of a Pacific tournament as well, there are plenty of options.

And plenty of time - it's not on the RLIF to organise tours and tests 3 years off.

The reason for the current meeting was coordination between the major players and events. There's more than enough space remaining for everyone to do their own thing

siv

First Grade
More of a goal to work towards incrementally than an instant do it next year idea.

Obvious obstacle is expecting a test team to travel 2 or 3 times mid season. A 3 test series basically requires a 3 week rep window club layoff. Which as you say is pretty f**kin unlikely.

It could work nicely as a home and away series with split rep-rounds.
England travels once, NZ travels once.

Reduce travel costs but have 2 rep fortnights seperated by 4 club rounds

Eg last 2 weekends May and first two weekends July

siv

First Grade

I dont mind tours but you need multiple teams touring so there is a game every week for 4 to 5 weeks

adamkungl

Immortal
Scotland want NZ to play them at home next year.

Hopefully the beginning of the end of neutral fixtures.

roughyedspud

Coach
Let's hope Scotland try harder than issuing a press release...

They need to go to the NZRL with a plan....date,venue,gate split etc..the press release says Scotland are asking organisers to arrange the game...THEY ARE THE ORGANISERS! if they want it,organise it

The NZRL more than just about anyone will play anyone if the money is right....and the likes of Scotland and especially Wales are all to good at whinging about not getting games against visiting teams precisely because they don't put forward a business plan to entice that team to play them.

The Partisan

Would like to think the 2020 Kangaroo tour to Europe will include some kind of celebration for the 125th Anniversary of the birth of the game.

Unfortunately the 100th anniversary was a wee bit impacted by some kind of media moguls battle from memory :p

Latest posts