What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sam Kasiano

MilanDragon

Juniors
I don't think Kasiano would be a straight replacement for Packee, they are different styles of players.

Packers replacement would have to be LAM, Host, Kerr or another prop who plays minutes and isn't used as an impact forward.

I believe we have Luc already who could have a similar effect to Kasiano potentially off the bench. Kasiano though is experienced and could definitely provide spark

ellskimore

Juniors
You could make a great highlights video from Kasiano's career. It's the stuff outside of that which worries me. There is a reason the Dogs use him as a short minute impact prop and nothing more.

ALSGI

Bench
You could make a great highlights video from Kasiano's career. It's the stuff outside of that which worries me. There is a reason the Dogs use him as a short minute impact prop and nothing more.
Agree, yet Bellamy wants him.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
He played shit last night. Ill-disciplined, accident prone and created nothing. You wouldn't take him based on that.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Not a real Kasiano fan....never seems to put in the same consistency week to week....can be ill disciplined and at times lazy imo....not the type of culture we need to introduce into our forward pack.....size helps at times admittedly but for mine I would sooner have a pack of consistent goers rather than hit and miss merchants....Vaughan is a good example big lump but gives it everything on the field

Dragonslayer

First Grade
The issue with Kasiano is exactly what people have been promoting about him ie: he's good for 15 min bursts.
In todays game, and in our team, our rotation props need to be doing around 25 mins to get full impact. A 15 min player actually robs the team of a couple of interchanges and our starting props don't get the benefit they need to impact when they come back on. Kasiano also isn't the best defender either.

We have some good young props going around in our squad already, we don't need a liability that would hinder their progress. Let him go to the Storm.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
The issue with Kasiano is exactly what people have been promoting about him ie: he's good for 15 min bursts.
In todays game, and in our team, our rotation props need to be doing around 25 mins to get full impact. A 15 min player actually robs the team of a couple of interchanges and our starting props don't get the benefit they need to impact when they come back on. Kasiano also isn't the best defender either.

We have some good young props going around in our squad already, we don't need a liability that would hinder their progress. Let him go to the Storm.
I agree Thankfully Sims has picked his act up recently...he was coming on and making very little impact...in fact our game for that period was losing its intensity and opposition packs were starting to dominate us

BennyV

Referee

Not necessarily. An impact prop still has a place in the game, provided you have other forwards who can cover for him.

For example, at the moment we use 4 interchanges for our prop rotation, 2 to give JDB a break and an extra if one of our second rowers comes off, leaving our last interchange to cover for injury. Our props usually get about 20mins each per half of footy, but Vaughan, Ah Mau and Simms have both shown ability to be effective for longer bursts.

So you start with, say, Vaughan and Ah Mau. Ah Mau comes off after 20 mins for Simms, and Vaughan punches out an extra 5-10 minutes and allowed another impact prop (lets imagine its Kasiano) to go hard for 15 minutes before half time, At this point, impact prop gets a break, and comes back on to punch out another 10-15 minutes, then subs back off for Ah Mau, while Simms punches out 20 minutes and comes off for Vaughan. LAM and Vaughan play 45-50 minutes each, Simms plays 35-40 mins and impact prop plays 25-30. You also then have the option of bringing impact prop back on to finish the game (considering De Belin CAN rotate into the front row if need be) and still end up with 3 interchanges to use in the backrow.

Simples.

This Year?

Immortal
With Packer being offered a reported 700K a season for 4 years from Wests, he would be mad not to take it. That would leave us with a starting prop position to fill. I read that Kasiano wants a starting position and that Canterbury have to offload some players to accommodate Foran and Woods. I would not be competing with Wests offer of 700K a season for 4 years for Packer. I would be looking in to see if we could lure Kasiano from Canterbury with an early release out of his current contract. I do think that Kasiano is one of the best props in the game. I also think he should be starting. I would love us to have Kasiano and Vaughan as our starting pair of props.

I hate Kasiano the fat ceccin and I'd be disgusted if the fat ceccin ever had the honour of wearing our beloved jersey.

Latest posts