What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chad Robinson found dead

Gronk

Staff member
Parramatta Eels and Sydney Roosters help launch Chad Robinson Legacy Foundation

The Parramatta Eels and Sydney Roosters have joined forces for the launch of the Chad Robinson Legacy Foundation.

Created in honour of the former Eels and Roosters NRL player, who lost his battle against mental illness in 2016, the Chad Robinson Legacy Foundation is a national mental health charity created to support athletes who may be battling with depression, anxiety and identity loss after retirement.

Robinson made his NRL debut with the Eels in 2000 before playing 70 games for the Roosters between 2002 and 2004.

He then spent a further three seasons with Parramatta before finishing his career in the Super League.

The two clubs have united with the foundation to roll out its #URnotalone campaign, providing athletes with a support network and removing the stigma of mental health in sports.

“Chad’s story resonates with many athletes current and retired,” Robinson’s sister Monique Brennan said.

“Adjusting to life after being celebrated as an elite athlete is a huge transition and one they can’t be expected to make successfully alone.

Many struggle to find a fulfilling career path and others suffer from chronic pain.”

Foundation ambassador and Cronulla Sharks veteran Paul Gallen said: “Chad to me was a king. He was the player we all wanted to be. (That’s why I) support the Chad Robinson Legacy Foundation on their journey to making a difference and championing the physical and mental wellbeing of athletes.”

https://www.outline.com/4Fb7TN

T-Boon

Coach
this is basically the only issue I care about now. (also animals). Mental health and animal welfare.

Latest posts