What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Semi Radradra

strider

Post Whore
So you reckon she should have just declined to comment on an issue she is very passionate about (and supportive of)?

What the f**k is the point in that? How does she do her cause any good by clamming up?

What I see is that the person who said it made all the difference. Call it sexism, it probably is from some quarters, but honestly so many people just dislike Molan so they are pre-disposed to attack her over things like this. People will take the point of view that feeds their existing bias.
I think all public figures need to tread carefully at times

It wasnt an off the cuff comment - it was a planned statement

Bazal

Post Whore
Im not trying to give her a pasting - i like her .... , i am just saying i can understand why people think she did the wrong thing .... i agree with gronk that she probably needed to wait til he was found guilty to have a rant

Mate, why should she wait? What makes her different to everyone else who had their say? She called for zero tolerance IF HE WAS FOUND GUILTY and suggested that the NRL had been having a laugh with their treatment of high profile players in the past.

How was that wrong?

Bazal

Post Whore
I think all public figures need to tread carefully at times

It wasnt an off the cuff comment - it was a planned statement

Yeah they do. Hence the prefix of innocent until proven guilty. No way could she just say what she said without that, regardless of how on the money it was.

It doesn't invalidate anything she said, and it doesn't mean she was inferring guilt.

Happy MEel

First Grade
You can't just paste her for making a comment in a discussion she was involved in. That is literally her job. She made a perfectly reasonable comment in a discussion about a star NRL player being charged with domestic violence.
You can't just paste the press for making a comment in a current affairs story she was involved in. That is literally their job. They drafted a perfectly reasonable and factual article about a star NRL commentator being mentioned in a court hearing as having an affair.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
latest

Happy MEel

First Grade
Why would a woman who has sex for free care about a plight specific to make sex workers?
People care about plights that don't affect them. For example, the Footy Show last night ran a segment on brain cancer (and good on them for doing it) and as far as I know, none of them have it.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Putting aside the benefits of virtue signalling, some people are just full of guilt and sympathy. I understand why they do it. What I don't understand is why you would expect everyone to feel that way. Most people have their own problems to worry about.

And it's not 'taking a stand' if there is no risk or net cost.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I don't think it does. An hour's flight is as much of a f**karound as a six hour flight. A 20 hour flight is obviously more of a f**karound but easily worth an extra couple hundred grand a year salary.

Latest posts