What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Phrases and Words Make You See Red?

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
There is a bunch of phrases and words that make me cringe every time I hear them. I hear and read them in general conversation, social media and TV interviews. Here we go with mine....

"Know what I mean?" - I've heard this up to three times in a sentence. If I didn't know what you meant, I'd ask you to f**king explain.

"Noone" - Noone is actually a surname. The word you are looking for is NO ONE!

"Yeah...Nah" - A general response by someone who doesn't have a clue of how to answer a question presented to them. It's one or the other - not both.

"Level playing field" - A politician's special. What's it supposed to mean? All parties involved are treated equally? Who knows?

"I can categorically state..." - Another politician's specialty. The inclusion of "categorically" means nothing. Just a ploy to make someone sound more intelligent than what they really are.

Fire away with yours.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Split Enz where talking about Rugby League, or shits and giggles
Neil was dictating terms, talking about the Roosters ATM machine.
Tim seeing red, says "Yeah ...Nah? What the PIN number for Greg's boat, fire away"
Neil responds "needs a level playing field, not disruptive innovators and accountants, I can categorically state...
Noone wants or needs Victorian Football, know what I mean?"

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
"Rustle your jimmies" - What the f**k are jimmies? Sounds like some pommy thing.

"Salty" and "Saltiness" - getting a tad overused in LU.