What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gold Coast Bears/Nth Sydney/Gosford

Irish-bulldog

Juniors
People need to stop trying to f**k with the Gold Coast brand, leave it alone, let a generation of kids grow up with the titans, give them time to develop a loyal fan base without changing the brand every 5 years. This whole central coast / Gold Coast merge was the dumbest shit I've ever heard, like anyone would support this team, it's like having a half team in each area , silly silly idea , I can't believe it made the news, f**k me the bears are getting desperate.

alien

Referee
People need to stop trying to f**k with the Gold Coast brand, leave it alone, let a generation of kids grow up with the titans, give them time to develop a loyal fan base without changing the brand every 5 years. This whole central coast / Gold Coast merge was the dumbest shit I've ever heard, like anyone would support this team, it's like having a half team in each area , silly silly idea , I can't believe it made the news, f**k me the bears are getting desperate.
correct

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade

I agree that the Bears idea is terrible, but that doesnt mean we cant fix the current branding with a few smaller tweaks...

Definitely keep the name Titans, but the logo needs to go. The cartoon helmet and '90 NBA writing is aweful. Titans is such a general name, we could pick just about anything for a mascot (a battleship, sea monster, basically anything "big").

The obvious one is the greek god Triton; it is associated with the ocean (which makes it at least kind of relevant to the location) and there are a hundred ways to express that in a badge, (even something simple like a trident). And, in the same way the Raiders have started doing that Viking Clap thing, the Titans could do something unique with Tritons horn.

As for the colours, again there are a hundred whys they could change it. Right now they look like a shitty blend of Parra and NSW. Maybe they can drop the blue and go Gold-White, maybe they could change the shades back to what the original Dophins bid had. (and it would be nice if they could come up with a central design for their jersey too, but maybe thats a bridge too far).

Basically, the only option worst than leaving it as is is the Bears bid. Just about anything else would be better..

The Great Dane

First Grade
UCSD-tritons300.jpg
1595997.jpg

How about something like these, except with Titans as their name instead of Tritons obviously.

And what about black and gold (proper metallic gold, not yellow gold) for their colours, black extenuates gold like nothing else can.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Just leave the Gold Coast alone lol, too much change can kill the game in an area too.

Just because something is old, doesnt make it less shit. Fix it, then leave it...

UCSD-tritons300.jpg
1595997.jpg

How about something like these, except with Titans as their name instead of Tritons obviously.

And what about black and gold (proper metallic gold, not yellow gold) for their colours, black extenuates gold like nothing else can.

Exactly what i was thinking!!! i just see so much more potential for the club to develop a localized culture. There are so many parts of the image to merchandise (trident, beard, helmet, etc). And they could also use the Vuvuzelas for the Horn in the same way the Raiders have the Viking Clap.

As for the jersey, I always come back to the old Allstars strip:
942558-nrl-all-stars-jersey.jpg

The reasons being that White and gold are already Titans colours (we are only dropping blue, not adding anything else) and it is just such a striking and unique look.

Irish-bulldog

Juniors
Just because something is old, doesnt make it less shit. Fix it, then leave it...

Exactly what i was thinking!!! i just see so much more potential for the club to develop a localized culture. There are so many parts of the image to merchandise (trident, beard, helmet, etc). And they could also use the Vuvuzelas for the Horn in the same way the Raiders have the Viking Clap.

As for the jersey, I always come back to the old Allstars strip:
942558-nrl-all-stars-jersey.jpg

The reasons being that White and gold are already Titans colours (we are only dropping blue, not adding anything else) and it is just such a striking and unique look.
I actually do like that symbol and jersey lol, but the market is beat to death from change lol, let it have some stability lol.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
I actually do like that symbol

The current logo is a clusterf*ck of a bad '90 american sporting trend for cartoon drawings/a lazy name through the middle and a terrible gimmick that could never translate into anything more than a terrible gimmick.

and jersey lol,

What jersey? They arent consistent with the design and they are barely consistent with the colours.

The foundation jumper was good, but since then they have just looked like a shitty combo of Parra and NSW

but the market is beat to death from change lol, let it have some stability lol.

I absolutely agee. Pick a good design and stick to it. Dont go changing the jersey every year.

But for the logo, i repeat: just because something is old doesnt make it stop being shit...

Irish-bulldog

Juniors
The current logo is a clusterf*ck of a bad '90 american sporting trend for cartoon drawings/a lazy name through the middle and a terrible gimmick that could never translate into anything more than a terrible gimmick.

What jersey? They arent consistent with the design and they are barely consistent with the colours.

The foundation jumper was good, but since then they have just looked like a shitty combo of Parra and NSW

I absolutely agee. Pick a good design and stick to it. Dont go changing the jersey every year.

But for the logo, i repeat: just because something is old doesnt make it stop being shit...
I meant the old Allstar jersey and the new logo you guys out on here, wasn't talking about the current CG ones.

_MayMoo 2

Juniors

mmm OK.

The door is open for a re-brand be it the Bears or someone else.
Titans is a crappy brand and colour scheme.

Time to develop a loyal fan base ?? Who pays whilst we wait for that.

They are losing money, can't get a decent crowd unless the opposition brings numbers.
They have an awesome stadium and Hayne FFS.

Not sure why it is such a terrible idea if the Bears can increase on this, which they would.

What makes you so sure the NRL are not behind this ?

Anyhow if the Bears don't get in here I would argue they need to re-brand anyway. I can't see this franchise ever growing the support base in a place like the Gold Coast, to the level they need to with the current brand and colours.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
People are deluded if they think GC problems lie in their brand or colours!

Yeh, brands have nothing to do with a teams success.

How about we take the Rabbitohs and rebrand them into the Western Wonders in Black and Gold. If brands dont matter, im sure it wont effect support at all...........

Perth Red

Post Whore
Stupid argument, what your suggesting would damage a historic brand. people do not choose to go and watch the Titans play because they don't like the colours of their jerseys or the logo they have chosen. There has been some god awful brands over sports history that have had no problems generating a fanbase.

Latest posts