What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016/17 Premier League

saint.nick

Coach
You don't like the way they are celebrating winning a "cheap trophy"

You've said it yourself earlier..

No, I don't like the way they use it as a reason for why their season is suddenly a bigger accomplishment than Spurs', or even Liverpool's.

Mong

Post Whore
Yes..

Do I need to quote you again?

Then again, who cares if they say that and celebrate it.. A "cheap trophy" is better than our teams won.. You are very close to sounding jealous they won something major... And yes it's still a major trophy..

saint.nick

Coach
Yes..

Do I need to quote you again?

Then again, who cares if they say that and celebrate it.. A "cheap trophy" is better than our teams won.. You are very close to sounding jealous they won something major... And yes it's still a major trophy..

Go ahead then, quote me.

West Ham came 12th or something. Of course it is better than what West Ham did. But what's a bigger achievement, coming second in the EPL, or winning a second-rate European competition? You'd have to be deluded if you think it's the latter.

Clubs don't play for trophies themselves, they play for achievements. If LVG finished 4th place last season with no FA Cup, he would have kept his job.

Mong

Post Whore
Winning the European competition they were in and qualifying for the CL is an achievement and would have been something they set out to do..

You're upset because some fans claim its therefore a more successful season than Liverpool...

Stop being so precious, you're beginning to sound like the local bandwagon Chelsea fan!!

saint.nick

Coach
Winning the European competition they were in and qualifying for the CL is an achievement and would have been something they set out to do..

You're upset because some fans claim its therefore a more successful season than Liverpool...

Stop being so precious, you're beginning to sound like the local bandwagon Chelsea fan!!
Precious? Jeez mate it's just a discussion. You need to stop overusing the word 'upset' too, it's a lazy way of trying to delegitimise what the other person is saying. Overall I have nothing to be upset about because Liverpool reached their target this season.

No Mong, you can try and polish a turd all you like, but scraping past second-rate European teams several rungs below you is not an achievement. What United actually set out to do was challenge for the league, with UCL qualification being a mere given.

Mong

Post Whore
Ok well if you don't think winning a major European Trophy and qualifying for the CL is an achievement that's up to you..

In the real world though......

saint.nick

Coach
Ok well if you don't think winning a major European Trophy and qualifying for the CL is an achievement that's up to you..

In the real world though......
No, they're not achievements in the real sense of the word. So I don't know what 'real world' you're in?

Haffa

in your opinion...

Sorry Arsenal Supporters you finished 5th and Sp*rs finished second so that means, despite winning a trophy, because they qualified for a competition they're never going to win and will probably go out at the group stage...again, winning the FA Cup isn't a bigger achievement. That's the real world...

saint.nick

Coach
in your opinion...

Sorry Arsenal Supporters you finished 5th and Sp*rs finished second so that means, despite winning a trophy, because they qualified for a competition they're never going to win and will probably go out at the group stage...again, winning the FA Cup isn't a bigger achievement. That's the real world...
Well I'm still yet to hear anyone on this forum justify how arsing through mighty teams of Anderlecht, Rostov, Celta Vigo and Ajax Jr is an achievement.

Yes Haffa, it is the real world. That's the real world that hit LVG on his way out of the door.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
It's an achievement because they set out to win that competition and did. They played weakened sides in the premier league and went hard at the EL. Much like LFC did last season.

You're fixated on how united used to be as opposed to where they are at now. That squad needs plenty of work like Haff said regardless of getting in ibra and spending a fortune for pogba.

Haffa

LVG was gone regardless of where they finished. The reality is Jose was hired in March.

saint.nick

Coach
It's an achievement because they set out to win that competition and did. They played weakened sides in the premier league and went hard at the EL. Much like LFC did last season.

That's got nothing to do with what an achievement really is Jack.

You're fixated on how united used to be as opposed to where they are at now. That squad needs plenty of work like Haff said regardless of getting in ibra and spending a fortune for pogba.

So where are United now? At Celta Vigo's level?

saint.nick

Coach
LVG was gone regardless of where they finished. The reality is Jose was hired in March.
No he wasn't. If LVG finished 4th, he was staying for another year until they planned to hire Allegri. The United board were very uneasy about Mourinho and to some extent still are.

Mong

Post Whore
FMD

A club winning a competition they set out to win isn't an achievement...

That is bunniesman level reasoning...

saint.nick

Coach
FMD

A club winning a competition they set out to win isn't an achievement...

That is bunniesman level reasoning...
So I could set out to win the local U9's tennis competition and then bask in the glory of 'achievement' after I win because I won a competition I set out to win.

saint.nick

Coach
Cambridge definition of an achievement: "something very good and difficult that you have succeeded in doing".

Since when is beating the mighty Anderlecht, Rostov, Celta Vigo and Ajax Jr 'difficult' and 'very good' for Man f**king United?

They failed to make even the top 4 in a much harder EPL competition so they resorted to picking up a cheap trophy in a much easier competition. That is not achievement.

Latest posts