What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT Margaret Court Arena hypocrites

webShark

Funny how Stosur and Dellacqua want a name change and boycott of the Aussie Open and criticise Margaret Court , yet compete in and take money out of Russia.

They didn't realise Russia was anti gays I guess.

Bloody hypocrites.

You do understand there's a substantive difference between a sporting tournament and a national government, right?

As far as I can see there's nothing even vaguely hypocritical in their stance.

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
Nothing wrong with what Court said. The fact that people are saying we should change the name of the arena is a joke. She voiced her own opinion and has gotten hammered left right and centre.

So, we're ok with discrimination now? It's a grey area weighing freedom of expression/personal opinion versus protection of values society considers valuable

In the 1970's you were free to express your opinion that smoking was awesome at the rear of an aircraft. In the 1770's you were free to express your opinion that enslaving humans of darker pigmentation was good for business.

I agree there's nothing intrinsically wrong with Court voicing her personal opinion. Misguided, cowardly and excruciatingly boring maybe, but that's just my opinion. By the same measure, there's absolutely nothing wrong with Dellacqua, et al expressing theirs.

Seems to be plenty of hammering coming in from all directions.

taipan

Referee
I would say 90% of the population would not give a Flying F about legalising GAY marriage.

The other 10% work in the media and are ramming it down our throats.

Remember Rex Mossop complaining about a nude bathing beach near his home on one occasion.
He noted or words to the effect "it makes me sick all this genitalia running around and being rammed down my throat."

IMO Court is entitled to say what she believes ,unless we live in North Korea.Wheteher we agree or not.
I'm fed up with the whole Gay marriage scene.Seriously if a heterosexual couple wants to live together it's not marriage and they no complain.
The media and the usuals are pushing the whole Gay marriage agenda.What they do is their business.
I just don't want a corporation like Qantas and Joyce who has ties with Arabian run airlines (who are extremely anti gay)telling people what they should or shouldn't do.
If I become the head of Amazon.and I'm into polygamy,is it Ok for me to push that agenda?

Generalzod

Immortal
I expressed my view on the matter in the Sydney Morning Herald "More social engineering rubbish...Good onya Margaret for expressing your view." My comment was rejected. I'll be cancelling my subscription.

webShark

I expressed my view on the matter in the Sydney Morning Herald "More social engineering rubbish...Good onya Margaret for expressing your view." My comment was rejected. I'll be cancelling my subscription.

While Peter Fitzsimons writes for the SMH , I would not take up a subscription. Sings from the PC hymn sheet.

Hand clapping, Mothers Day, Christmas in school, footy will soon be a thing of the past. Yet Schapelle Corby can earn more money than most of us.

PC brigade will see the end of Footy. Or it will be sanitised so much it will be unwatchable.

Yet Australia embraces UFC and the media couldn't get enough of Ronda Rousey UFC fight in Melbourne.

Minor stoush in NRL and AFL and you are a complete thug. Now we have Soccer style diving and simulation. Thanks do gooders.

Seems PC brigade have pretty much won to me.

Russia has years of drug cheating, massively anti gay but I can't remember much of a stance against Russian sports events. Oh I forgot they are massive racists and have hordes of Soccer hooligans.

My guess. Unless Court retracts her statement , the Arena will be renamed. In the unlikely event of an Australian woman progressing far in the open,
I hope they get scheduled on Margaret Court Arena. Will be a laugh.

Generalzod

Immortal
Well Joyce was allowed to use Qantas to express his gay marriage propaganda oh but when Margaret opens her mouth she is a homophobe.

coolumsharkie

Referee
put it to the people, then every one STFU about gay marriage for far ken ever!!!!

Yes because we all know what the result will be.

There is a gay dude that works at the pub and his ugly mofo bf comes in for a beer on many occasions. Sticks to himself and they also often enjoy a beer together with friends associates staff members etc..

Now does it matter 2 f**ks difference whether those 2 are married or not??

Yes because we all know what the result will be.

There is a gay dude that works at the pub and his ugly mofo bf comes in for a beer on many occasions. Sticks to himself and they also often enjoy a beer together with friends associates staff members etc..

Now does it matter 2 f**ks difference whether those 2 are married or not??
I think you will find the gays would be happy for legalised marriage with conditions. After all, its not about money right? Tax benefits & other assistance schemes are that are afforded to breeding marriages of men & women, are surrendered.