What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 13 vs Foran's Warriors Game Day Thread

Mickyd39

Juniors
After the game last night myself and a lot of Parra supporters were waiting for Foran to walk off so we could give him heaps. It took at least 25 mins for him to make his way back to the tunnel. Whilst we were waiting patiently for him to walk off, ANZ security told us to leave because and i quote "you're not allowed to stand here and HECKLE Foran as he walks off"
What a precious merkin Foran is.
When we play the Titans, ANZ might need to call in undercover cops for the amount of "heckling" Jarryd will cop.

Bazal

Post Whore
After the game last night myself and a lot of Parra supporters were waiting for Foran to walk off so we could give him heaps. It took at least 25 mins for him to make his way back to the tunnel. Whilst we were waiting patiently for him to walk off, ANZ security told us to leave because and i quote "you're not allowed to stand here and HECKLE Foran as he walks off"
What a precious merkin Foran is.
When we play the Titans, ANZ might need to call in undercover cops for the amount of "heckling" Jarryd will cop.

Gee it's sad what society has come to isn't it?

Imagine hanging around wasting time for half an hour just to heckle a bloke you don't even know...

Mickyd39

Juniors

Imagine hanging around wasting time for half an hour just to heckle a bloke you don't even know...

F*ck off d*ckhead.
It was all a bit of fun.
So I'm assuming you've never heckled anyone, give yourself an uppercut Dudley Doright.

Bazal

Post Whore
F*ck off d*ckhead.
It was all a bit of fun.
So I'm assuming you've never heckled anyone, give yourself an uppercut Dudley Doright.

laughter.gif

hindy111

Post Whore
No Alvaro is on my top 5 favourite players in our club. I laughed at his baby face when arrived and puppy fat. I love his ethics and hard work.
I reckon he is a borderline first grade prop at the moment.I don't know what I pressed by ive gone to italic.
If Alvaro can add a short pass and work on an offload along with adding a little bit more power he can quite easily go from what id say is our 5th ranked prop to our first. He is just a shade behind them all. And most are at Peak while I think Danny can get better.

hindy111

Post Whore

Agree. Foran was offered a silly deal by our silly management. If it wasn't for bungled 3rd party deals and we had him for 800k I doubt we part ways with him so easily.
Would I rather Foran for 800k off cap or Moses for 750K. Easy Foran.

Problems where out of Forans control. Lost his family and was dealing with big issues. At a time our club was as well. I reckon we wanted to part ways more with Foran then the other way around.
I doubt we would of kept Norman if Foran stayed. Or if so perhaps we lose Manu. With Moses we are saving 450k.

Bazal

Post Whore
Agree. Foran was offered a silly deal by our silly management. If it wasn't for bungled 3rd party deals and we had him for 800k I doubt we part ways with him so easily.
Would I rather Foran for 800k off cap or Moses for 750K. Easy Foran.

Problems where out of Forans control. Lost his family and was dealing with big issues. At a time our club was as well. I reckon we wanted to part ways more with Foran then the other way around.
I doubt we would of kept Norman if Foran stayed. Or if so perhaps we lose Manu. With Moses we are saving 450k.

Yep once they cheated with the other TPAs Foran was on the cap for 1.2mill....best for everyone to let him go.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Matagi was his best game of the year.
Alvaro worked hard but is soft. Soft in the collision. He will never injure a player with a run or tackle.

I dont like Auvau in centres but a few of his runs from wing where important and brutal. One when he bowled Foran over was great.

You have 17 guys in team and the more physical each is the better chance of winning.
In many positions you need work rate over physicality. This includes the spine (involvement in attack) as well as most of your middle forwards.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Matagi made 78 real metres at 7.8m a run and padded his stats with kick off returns. I suppose they look good and catch the eye of the simple man....

Alvaro might not flatten people with his runs, but a lot of blokes who do also never get quick play the balls because they attract more defenders and they fight and wrestle, whilst Alvaro gets quick play the balls most tackles. He isn't soft, he does the tough work that blokes like Matagi and Vave won't do and he's smart enough to get the quick play the ball and allow us to build momentum.

Matagi hasn't made 120m off hit ups in a match all season and neither has Vave...you can argue til you're blue in the face, but this is a percentage dropping loss for you Mr 8.5%. Better to just admit you have a bias against the kid.

Not to mention that Alvaro has a huge motor, and is a rock defensively.

I'm a huge fan of the kid.

Chipmunk

Coach
The better question is what's your problem with him? 120M made solely off hit ups in the middle is a big stat. Brown made 140M off hitups and only four more tackles and you're not whining about folks giving him points. Matagi only made 78M off hitups and you've said you could have given him points...

FYI Jesse Bromwich made 121M off hitups against the wooden spoon side....

His team put on 8 tries...why does he need to do more?

eel01s

Bench
Just watched the game after attending a work function last night. What a gutsy win! I thought we would get run down after losing Kaysa and Hoff within 30min. Our forwards were fantastic - really lifted in the second half.

Gutho - what else can you say about the bloke? When he scored the final try it was amazing. Looks like a lot of Eels played on busted. The bye can't come soon enough.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Yep, you are correct

I dont think he was on for any of their first 12 points ... and he definitely wasnt on for their last 12 .... was brought back on immediately after the warriors last try
Ta mate. Didnt think so. Love the Scott.

IFR33K

Coach

Yeah mate, he should of waited 30 mins for an autograph.... smh

IFR33K

Coach
Why the f**k would you do that either? Are you f**king 8?

SMFH

Did u get upset with our players that got involved in push and shove with him? Some of you are so fcking precious!!!! There were thousands of fans booing Foran last night. I guess there's something the matter with every single one.

Latest posts