What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mullen on the Juice

Alex28

Coach
Mullen's story is going to be on 7 news tomorrow night.

Did he get on the juice before or after his last tear? I thought I had heard it was after a recent tear to help him recover...

betcats

Referee
Read this in the paper today, such a cop out. After what happened with the Sharks and dank Mullen is kidding himself if he thinks people will buy that.

Choppy182

Juniors
So he's admitted to taking the steroids purely for getting his hamstring right, even a last resort option, clearly not to gain an advantage. Get's 4 years. Martin Kennedy gets done for taking steroids to gain an advantage, gets 2 years. Because Mullen didn't give the name of the bloke who gave them to him he cops the full 4 years?

Gal - gets done for peptides, very similar, admits to it and cops a fine and a couple of weeks on the sidelines.

Sandor Earl - gets done for peptides, admits to it, gives the ASADA and NRL names of who is responsible for giving / taking them, doesn't get any time off his suspension of 4 years!!

See the inconsistencies?

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
It's a sad situation but it's hard to plead complete innocence in a professional environment like that. He would have to have known there was something wrong with what he was taking. Massive shame that his career has ended this way.

EdLondon

Juniors
Is it illegal for a medical practitioner to give the type of injections Mullen got? I though it was fine to use steroids to repair damage for a normal person recovering from injury. So why would he have to give the name up if they didn't do anything illegal? I'm probably missing something.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Is it illegal for a medical practitioner to give the type of injections Mullen got? I though it was fine to use steroids to repair damage for a normal person recovering from injury. So why would he have to give the name up if they didn't do anything illegal? I'm probably missing something.

Steroid use in itself is not illegal (at least for the more common types of steroid use) so I don't think there's much that a medical practitioner can be in trouble for unless they were connected to the club, in which case they should have known better. But to be honest Mullen has been a professional footballer for 10 years and I'm sure it's drilled into them from a young age what is and isn't allowed so ultimately the responsibility rests with him IMO.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Any news on what the current update on Mullen is? We could definitely benefit from the 750K that we have been paying him.

I watched Mullen's interview that was done a while back. The bloke has rocks in his head if he's genuine about being ignorant about what the physio injected him with. Every player would receive soooo much education about double checking what physios and doctors offer to give you. Especially by the age of 30.

If I was a betting man I would put money on him knowing that he was taking an illegal substance and playing Russian roulette regarding hoping to get away with it and improving his chronic hamstring issues.

Noname36

First Grade
Any news on what the current update on Mullen is? We could definitely benefit from the 750K that we have been paying him.

I watched Mullen's interview that was done a while back. The bloke has rocks in his head if he's genuine about being ignorant about what the physio injected him with. Every player would receive soooo much education about double checking what physios and doctors offer to give you. Especially by the age of 30.

If I was a betting man I would put money on him knowing that he was taking an illegal substance and playing Russian roulette regarding hoping to get away with it and improving his chronic hamstring issues.

You'd think that the moment Mullen was found guilty his contract would be void and we wouldn't be paying him a cent?

I'm pretty sure we haven't been paying him since Feb so I say that money would be free under the cap.

Haffa

You'd think that the moment Mullen was found guilty his contract would be void and we wouldn't be paying him a cent?

I'm pretty sure we haven't been paying him since Feb so I say that money would be free under the cap.
We would have paid him up until May.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Bump!!!

I was watching some old Youtube videos and started getting a big nostalgic. So, hypothetical question:

Jarrod is halfway through his suspension and 31. He will be 33/34 when he becomes available again and might still have 1 or 2 good years left in him, particularly after this rest.

If he does want to make a comeback and he keeps himself in shape, would you take him?

Personally, I would. Id love to see him pull on the jersey one more time and give us a redemption story....

Swarzey

Bench
Always get nostalgic watching highlights of Mullen. Such a shame, became a massive mental midget made worse by being handicapped by a poor spine around him.

His career is done and dusted. He seems to have moved on. At best he'll come back and play in the Newcastle comp.

Latest posts