What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitch Moses

lingard

Coach
I wouldn't be taking Sterling's word as Gospel, an astute observer and commentator of the game he may be, but when it comes to the Eels his endorsement is akin to a kiss of death for our players.
Maybe it also works in reverse.
And I don't think many, if any people on here are calling Moses our saviour, just better than what we had. I mean we have had Luke Kelly and Sandow ffs.

And Kris Keating ffs.

lingard

Coach
Don't know where to start..... you guys are as passionate/crazy as the best of us. Good to see !
Thank you for the warm welcome/ get the fkk out of our forum.
I see that some of you have come to terms with the whole turd/polish thing, but some of you are still in denial.
Always rated Sterling as a great player, but you guys would know far more about his recruiting abilities. I would have thought he'd have an eye for halfback talent, then again you guys might have said the same thing about Jason Taylor.
Anyway, y'all enjoy mitchy's good performances. They occur periodically. 1 in 4, that is.
20 minutes a game, 1 game a month, etc.
I hope the whole connection of the period/him being a merkin thing wasn't missed.

Don't blame you for being a bit cranky at him. But, to get things into perspective: 1. He's only 22 yrs old - most half-backs don't peak until at least 25yrs. 2. He spent two years playing alongside half-back-killer, Robbie Farrah. That would have put his development back a bit. 3. Brad Arthur is a better coach than your guy. 4. He'll never play origin or be a superstar - but I'll bet he develops into a bloody good first grade half back. (That's just my opinion, so it doesn't mean much.) 5. He's now playing in a side that he hasn't gotten used to yet, and with a very inexperienced dummy half and fullback. And our backs have changed every game since he's started with us, so he hasn't been able to work up any combinations yet.
6. Let's just give him time - because that's what a 22yr old half-back in the NRL needs. Time. 7. Ivan Cleary will get you guys a good solid team with no stars in it, that will be fairly competitive most of the time but will never win a premiership or go close. 8. In about two years time, West Tigers will be wishing they kept Moses (not to mention the others).

Gronk

Staff member
And I would trust the assessment of the Roosters, Eels and Tigers NRL clubs (who all wanted Moses playing for them) more than yours.
Excellent point. The Roosters signed him too however Moses rescinded the deal during the cooling off period.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Don't blame you for being a bit cranky at him. But, to get things into perspective: 1. He's only 22 yrs old - most half-backs don't peak until at least 25yrs. 2. He spent two years playing alongside half-back-killer, Robbie Farrah. That would have put his development back a bit. 3. Brad Arthur is a better coach than your guy. 4. He'll never play origin or be a superstar - but I'll bet he develops into a bloody good first grade half back. (That's just my opinion, so it doesn't mean much.) 5. He's now playing in a side that he hasn't gotten used to yet, and with a very inexperienced dummy half and fullback. And our backs have changed every game since he's started with us, so he hasn't been able to work up any combinations yet.
6. Let's just give him time - because that's what a 22yr old half-back in the NRL needs. Time. 7. Ivan Cleary will get you guys a good solid team with no stars in it, that will be fairly competitive most of the time but will never win a premiership or go close. 8. In about two years time, West Tigers will be wishing they kept Moses (not to mention the others).
9. I wrote a song about him.

Swiftstylez

Bench
So I come home tonight just in time to see Daniel Mortimer set up the winning try assist for the Sharks. At first I was confused because compared to Mitchell Moses he looks like Moi Moi. What a monster, I reckon he will have more success overall when the final chapter of their careers is written. Also Poo poo Pou, you think the eels judgement is better than mine? Look at the track record since I said Smith or Hagan weren't the problem. I know a lot more than the unwashed masses do.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So I come home tonight just in time to see Daniel Mortimer set up the winning try assist for the Sharks. At first I was confused because compared to Mitchell Moses he looks like Moi Moi. What a monster, I reckon he will have more success overall when the final chapter of their careers is written. Also Poo poo Pou, you think the eels judgement is better than mine? Look at the track record since I said Smith or Hagan weren't the problem. I know a lot more than the unwashed masses do.
I don't think any of our coaches have been 'the problem', though Smith was coaching long enough in the NSWRL/ARL/NRL to show he had a fatal flaw. As brilliant as he was, he drove genuine leaders out of the clubs he coached, which made his teams headless under pressure. This explains the continual choking in big games.

But yeah, Arthur's judgement is much better than yours. He took my advice and signed Mitchell Moses.

Swiftstylez

Bench
Well only in that both words are correctly spelt....

Sometimes I post a quick reply on mobile without anticipating that there will be some sniveling sociopath ready to meticulously dissect every button that is pushed... I'll remember to placate you from now on.

Last edited:

Swiftstylez

Bench
I don't think any of our coaches have been 'the problem', though Smith was coaching long enough in the NSWRL/ARL/NRL to show he had a fatal flaw. As brilliant as he was, he drove genuine leaders out of the clubs he coached, which made his teams headless under pressure. This explains the continual choking in big games.

But yeah, Arthur's judgement is much better than yours. He took my advice and signed Mitchell Moses.

You think Brad Arthur signed Moses based on your advice? The delusions of grandeur on this forum have soared to new heights. I was actually talking about Tim Smith but that Smith also applies :)

Latest posts