What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Too many juniors/rookies?

Old Timer

Coach
You either didn't see my question in the other thread or you chose to ignore it.

I'll repeat it;
"We currently have 4 of our 2016 U20 squad with first grade experience.
Which other club can boast this number?"

Your constant negative dribble about pathways and junior development is unfounded.
Dies 3 x 19 year olds in a run on side and a 21 year old hooker on the bench go close?

BrissyRedV

Bench
Who are these 2 x 19 year old halves you speak of?
Brodie Croft is one, but he embellished a bit on Ryley Jacks who is 25. They did however trust young Brandon Smith to play long minutes. Mary does need to take a leaf out of Bellamys book and trust the young guys we have coming through. It will pay off in the long run.

Old Timer

Coach
Who are these 2 x 19 year old halves you speak of?
Apologies Duck my error misread on the halves.
However they do trust their youngsters to play full games as do other clubs which is a big contrast to us IMO as we play ours limited game time.

duck

Juniors
@Old Timer

Don't get me wrong. I'm all for getting the young fellas in there too. I think our approach (this season) is sensible. In the past, not so.
Look at the table. We're doing ok.

I think you'll find that by the end of the season Lawrie, Kerr and Dufty will have had a run.

Old Timer

Coach
@Old Timer

Don't get me wrong. I'm all for getting the young fellas in there too. I think our approach (this season) is sensible. In the past, not so.

I think you'll find that by the end of the season Lawrie, Kerr and Dufty will have had a run.
I hear you but I really struggle with the NIghty to FB thing it causes disruption to 2 spots and I don't see that as proactive.
I also think we should start today with Host or Sele and leave Sims on the bench which is his normal role.
Little things but important in the big picture.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
@Old Timer

Young players do need time to develop, especially their bodies. Take Field for example, he's starting to feel the pinch of senior football, and given his performances in NSW Cup lately show this and even by his own admission he's not first grade ready.
I had my doubts about Dufty early in the season but he apoears to be adjusting to the rigours better than Field and, at this moment, would be the first choice pick as f/b next year IMO.
I believe the players you mentioned should be given a run in firsts this year, however, given our ladder position (as you say) McGregor won't experiment, he would rather the old guard to see him through most unfortunately.

BennyV

Referee
Yeah it's awful that we're top 4.

fmd
We lose today, we'll be 6th. And only 1 win above the team coming 9th.

If we don't get out shit together soon, we are a real danger of falling out of the 8. It's lucky we've got one of the smoothest draws but just because we are sitting 4th at this point in time does not make everything rosie...

hazzbeen

Bench
We lose today, we'll be 6th. And only 1 win above the team coming 9th.

If we don't get out shit together soon, we are a real danger of falling out of the 8. It's lucky we've got one of the smoothest draws but just because we are sitting 4th at this point in time does not make everything rosie...
Right on Benny another loss here and its starting to look like 2015 again . Hope we come out firing and keep it going .....

Old Timer

Coach
BUGS BUNNY and DAFFY DUCK ..... gee up yea ?
As Bugs said "Should have turned left at Albuquerque".
Great skit that one where Daffy ends up at Pismo beach and comes out with the classic line "Pismo Beach and all the clams I can eat"
Actually went there one trip to the States only because of that episode and the beach is actually full of clam restaurants.

duck

Juniors
Looney Tunes. Absolutely loved them as a kid.
So unashamedly violent but piss funny.

Latest posts