What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We're not respected

Ben_Kusto_magic

Juniors
Just my opinion here so don't crucify me, but I think traditionally saints have been thought of to have a soft underbelly. Teams know that if they aim up against us we tend to go into our shell. Perfect example today and last week.
I know we have a great forward pack this year, with some great individual players but besides Packer we really lack that mongrel and fear factor. Players like Beau Scott, Jeremy Smith, Neville Costigan, Dean Young. If those guys were in the team today, do you still think parramatta would have treated our captain with absolute disdain? I don't think they would have.
Desperately need to recruit some serious hard heads for next year. Even if their quality isn't quite there.

monsterkev

Juniors
Just my opinion here so don't crucify me, but I think traditionally saints have been thought of to have a soft underbelly. Teams know that if they aim up against us we tend to go into our shell. Perfect example today and last week.
I know we have a great forward pack this year, with some great individual players but besides Packer we really lack that mongrel and fear factor. Players like Beau Scott, Jeremy Smith, Neville Costigan, Dean Young. If those guys were in the team today, do you still think parramatta would have treated our captain with absolute disdain? I don't think they would have.
Desperately need to recruit some serious hard heads for next year. Even if their quality isn't quite there.
You must have watched a different game
Packer did shit today
Since he signed for the Tigers he already has his bags at the front door
Get rid of him and put Kerr and law tie in to get some experience

Ben_Kusto_magic

Juniors
You must have watched a different game
Packer did shit today
Since he signed for the Tigers he already has his bags at the front door
Get rid of him and put Kerr and law tie in to get some experience
Both really good players with big futures but this is their first year playing out of the 20s neither are ready just yet to lead the pack

Forster Dragon

Juniors
The writing has been on the wall for several weeks now.
We are not only on the slide bet well and truly on the slippery dip out of the eight.
We had a good start but the others have caught up and well and truly past us.
Prediction now 10 or 111 finish.
Maybe went off to early in signing Mary,but we are stuck with him now.

Life's Good

Coach
Why would anyone crucify you mate?? You are just saying what plenty feel.
I honestly can't fault the forwards and expect that they might have the odd off game. Unfortunately that has been 2 in a row where they have been down on form. For me I think that they are a bit flat because they are putting in the work but being let down by the backs eg. McCrone kicking game, Lafai and his forced passes, McDonald and his soft returns. So I think that they are demoralized by the rinse and repeat nature of our style of play that comes off the back of that.

hewi

Bench
I think they were respected until the last 3 weeks. Now they are not putting in and getting smashed it becomes a viscous circle , a spiral dive that will not be easy to pull out of.

Opposition teams don't respect us because we are a coaching basket case so they devise game plans that very often are successful.
I think our forwards are actually doing us proud and we dominate opposition forward packs so "Mongrel" is not really the problem this year. Just check out the stats.
But we will never be a serious contender without a strong kicking game and a coach that is capable of matching wits with his counterparts.

Coffs dragon

Bench
With the exception of JDB and Vaughan, our forwards just look tired especially McInnes & Troy Thompson (Gus's favourite)
The other teams are all aware how to nullify the forwards power game and what we are left with is a useless Halfback and plodders in the backline.
Unfortunately our team peaked in the 1st 8 rounds and now it's reality.....we are not top eight standard! The slide will continue as the genuine teams (like race horses) make their charge all timed to perfection.

Ben_Kusto_magic

Juniors
I probably struggled to get my point across in the OP.
I think statistically we have a very good hard working pack.
What I think we do lack though is that intimidation factor. Someone like a Manu Ma'u, Nathan Brown, Klemmer, Blair.Someone who can change the momentum with a big hit or run

Packer signing with the Tigers is a good thing he has looked disinterested since he has and has no right to be in first grade.

McInnes needs a spell in the game and they should be carrying a guy who can slot into 9 alas Havili is injured and Mary would use Marketo.

Sims offers little and is average at best.

Ah Mau has been playing well he does the simple things and thats what you need from him.

Thompson is one dimensional another who should never have been kept.

Host and Sele should be kept in first grade for the remainder of the year as they certainly will need them more so next year with the club not looking to recruit anyone of note.

2018 imo won't be any better.

monsterkev

Juniors
Packer signing with the Tigers is a good thing he has looked disinterested since he has and has no right to be in first grade.

McInnes needs a spell in the game and they should be carrying a guy who can slot into 9 alas Havili is injured and Mary would use Marketo.

Sims offers little and is average at best.

Ah Mau has been playing well he does the simple things and thats what you need from him.

Thompson is one dimensional another who should never have been kept.

Host and Sele should be kept in first grade for the remainder of the year as they certainly will need them more so next year with the club not looking to recruit anyone of note.

2018 imo won't be any better.
I am guilty of being a fan of Simms until recently he has not contributed enough and overall has been piss poor

St Georgio

Juniors
Maybe supercoach needs a mid season army bootcamp, I said it last week our forwards have become big cuddly pussy cats.
From top to bottom this club needs a rocket up there asses, oh boy we needs to find another Wayne Bennett until that happens don't expect much.