What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcrone or our season over.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
I agree with everything except Nene at 2. The guys needs a rest to work on a few things like catching a ball and running straight and hard. He's a big guy that promises so much yet delivers so little.
Sorry mate I agree with your post except the bit about Nene needs a rest...if I was coaching him he'd be straight on the pick and shovel for a week ....I'm a fan of his but seriously he needs to get some urgency in his game...he reminds me a lot of a young Justin Hodges..got the talent but doesn't take the game seriously enough ...quite frankly the only rest I would give him is waiting for the trench to be backfilled before he dug it out again

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Its to late we are slip sliding away ......
yep unfortunately your right mate....still cant believe this club of ours that's steeped in tradition and a club that players would have died for if given the opportunity to join have a half back like we do.....defies belief really...and its been there for a while now

Maxwell

Juniors
First time i've actually agreed with you about something Moz.

McCrone is genuinely stifling us in attack. I don't care how good he is defensively, I haven't seen one of his kicks find the grass this year and you can tell that he is well over a second slower than most players on the field.
- We gain some field position, he kicks the ball on the full into the in-goal and hands the opposition a 7 tackle set.
- We're fighting to gain momentum out of our half, he kicks a floater straight into the hands of the fullback and gives them free metres.
- He passes the ball too far from the opposition defensive line which gives the defence enough time to shift and shut it down.
- No speed or footwork, so that eliminated the opportunity to run the ball close to the line.

No imagination, no vision, no execution.

Backline to see out the year:
1. Dugan
2. Macdonald
3. Aitken
4. Lafai
5. Nightingale
6. Mann
7. Widdop
Tom Red v River , I agree on what you have said totally , but you can add we are starting to run sideways again. We haven't got Benji in the team some where have we. We need our halves and JDB running at and to the line and off loading before the line , we are not committing their defence they just compress us with an umberella style of defence and we just play into their hands with 1 out stuff and start forcing passes late in tackle count. Our defence is standing and waiting like 2016 team did, they make a easy 50 meters every set of 6 and in reply we make 30 and kick a shit kick. Aitkin is still out with injury isn't he , but I don't like being synical , but I think we need to let Flo go , he is too slow and the moses kick for French proved it. Bring 1 OF THE YOUNG GUYS UP. Also Simms is not a starter, or should play that amount of mins, play Host or Sele before him, maybe blood Lucuiano . The whole team and Mary should sit down and watch the video's of the first 4 or 5 games of the season and take in what we were doing.

Reactions: Qdf

Life's Good

Coach
McCrone dropped. Mann to 7(running & passing). Widdop (kicking & directing). Mary will not make more than 1 change as a) he is stubborn and won't want to be shown as wrong for continuing to select McCrone & 2)he is just risk averse.

Dragsters

First Grade
It really is quite bizarre. Based on his "talents" McCrone is probably a reserve grade hooker at best yet here he is playing halfback in first grade. 150+ games in the NRL, the vast majority in the halves, and neither a long or short kicking game to speak of.

Makes you want Kris Keating back...

Even Sam Williams...

Lewish33

Juniors
So if Millward says we're not replacing the likes of Dugan externally because we already have people to replace them, then when the f**k are they going to get a go?

Mann or Field really could not go any worse in the halves than McCrone, no matter how many people say they're not ready or not halves.

McCrone isn't a halve's arsehole.

JDHD

Juniors
Why can't we throw Dufty on the wing to give him an apprenticeship like RTS and Minichello? Why can't we throw Reuben Garrick on the wing? Why can't we flick McCrone to reggies and bring Field into the halves? Or Mann? Why can't we give Leilua or Lawrie a run in grade? Who cares if they lose, they're already losing. Plus they already know each other's play styles, they've played together for a few years now.

We have this really annoying habit of signing players to expensive, long term contracts and then playing them instead of the juniors we've been cultivating for years and inevitably losing them to other clubs.

hewi

Bench
The SMH has an article headed " Could the Dragons miss the eight". IMO , yes very easily.

Smack

Coach
Next week is a turning point, if he persists with this shithead McCrone, we will get worse and worse.

The SMH has an article headed " Could the Dragons miss the eight". IMO , yes very easily.

I don't see how, jagging another 3 wins from 9 games will just about do it. But we won't win a semi final game, irrespective where we finish on the ladder.

Objective View