What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Bazal

Post Whore
This is what is known as "black-and-white thinking". Of course everyone else is not "rubbish" otherwise they would not be playing first grade. You can however argue that there are "better options". For instance that argument was used when I advocated for Cronk over Moses in a valid construction of a premise. Please see your course notes for further examples.

What? I said "anything" not "anyone". I'm talking about people like Pou carrying on about cost per game and all that tripe

Maybe I won't get you to proofread that assignment after all.

Swiftstylez

Bench
What? I said "anything" not "anyone". I'm talking about people like Pou carrying on about cost per game and all that tripe

Maybe I won't get you to proofread that assignment after all.

Your first sentence is superfluous twiddling with semantics and has no impact on anything that is being discussed. Did I not already tell you to improve your style of writing? Pou is entitled to delve into the deeper psychological elements of rugby league that are not apparent to the common spectator that is so wound up in all the bread and circuses, as you are.

Without payment I could not care less for your assignment.

Bazal

Post Whore
The day I start genuinely caring about my writing style in a post on an NRL forum is the day I give up all hope and live life as a Swifty devotee

Swiftstylez

Bench
The day I start genuinely caring about my writing style in a post on an NRL forum is the day I give up all hope and live life as a Swifty devotee

There are only two worthwhile club memberships to be devoted to in the Rugby League world:
The Mass Eels to Storm Movement and The Hagan Appreciation Society. Both are however chaired by myself, so I guess devotion to the chairman comes with the territory. Your loss.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Apart from 1 season (2014, where he tore his ACL) Peats' worst turnout is 19 matches due to injury.

2011 he made his debut in Rd 4 and played 20 matches
2012 he played 18, and spent 9 weeks in NSW Cup
2013 he played 17, was a back up to Luke and spent the last month in NSW Cup
2014 he did his ACL and only played 10
2015 he played 19
2016 he played 20

Any merkin can do an ACL. Besides that this last 6 week lay off is his longest. Hardly as "injury prone" as some want to believe.

He is the NSW hooker and as a rep spine player is worth the fking money. Anything else is rubbish IMO.
So in 14,15 and 16 hes averaged 16 games each year. We wont look at 2017 as that would blow your arguement even further. Now take away 3 Origin games brings his avearge to 13 games per year. Would Peats back up after Origin? Well on his initial game he didnt so this could impact further. Based on your numbers he would play about one out of two on average. $650k for 13 games each year. Like I said I love Peatsy. I just think we can get better bang for our buck. IMO.

Swiftstylez

Bench
So in 14,15 and 16 hes averaged 16 games each year. We wont look at 2017 as that would blow your arguement even further. Now take away 3 Origin games brings his avearge to 13 games per year. Would Peats back up after Origin? Well on his initial game he didnt so this could impact further. Based on your numbers he would play about one out of two on average. $650k for 13 games each year. Like I said I love Peatsy. I just think we can get better bang for our buck. IMO.

I think the Eels should still sign Cronk and then move Moses to hooker. Let us truly test the perceived talent of the kid, sink or swim. The true legends of the game can play in any position. For example Morts can play hooker, he even set up the match winning try for the Sharks. Moses could also be used as a back up off the bench.

Bazal

Post Whore

14 is a statistical outlier. Like I said, any merkin can do their ACL. His longest stint injured other than 14 is six weeks. Corey Norman has missed as much footy as Peats

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Apart from 1 season (2014, where he tore his ACL) Peats' worst turnout is 19 matches due to injury.

2011 he made his debut in Rd 4 and played 20 matches
2012 he played 18, and spent 9 weeks in NSW Cup
2013 he played 17, was a back up to Luke and spent the last month in NSW Cup
2014 he did his ACL and only played 10
2015 he played 19
2016 he played 20

Any merkin can do an ACL. Besides that this last 6 week lay off is his longest. Hardly as "injury prone" as some want to believe.

He is the NSW hooker and as a rep spine player is worth the fking money. Anything else is rubbish IMO.
How is he worth 'the' money when you don't even know how much it is?

Djay

Juniors
We really can't mate.

Who? I am all ears. You can only buy what the market offers and right now we are in dire need of a hooker and it so happens to be Peats, pay him the money, simple.

It's the devil you know also, we all know what we are gonna get, watch him on Wednesday he will lead the line speed in defence and doesn't accept losing, his what we need and a major reason why we were so good last year and so lacklustre this year.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
What? I said "anything" not "anyone". I'm talking about people like Pou carrying on about cost per game and all that tripe.
You'll notice it's the club refusing to meet his terms, not me. They know what he's worth to us, and if he's demanding more then he wants too much.

Bazal

Post Whore
You'll notice it's the club refusing to meet his terms, not me. They know what he's worth to us, and if he's demanding more then he wants too much.

Who says he's not worth his asking price to us? Who says, for example, we're not happy to pay it but are trying to get him for less because it's smart business if you can knock a bit off the price?

Don't pretend you know what the club is thinking just because you perceive it in a certain way

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Because we know there is another club keen to retain him. This kind of thing doesn't push prices down, though it's obvious both clubs have set their limits. It would be silly to hold out on increasing the offer when there's another potential buyer who might blink first.

Your suggestion of us holding out when he might take another offer any day is as dumb as the fable about clubs making bogus offers to players just to drive their price up for some other club.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
It would be really good if Peats would sign with someone so we can go back to debating the rest of the front row.............I for one have a good feeling about this W Smith. I think he can do a decent job for us the rest of this year.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Ok. Lets sign Peats. I guess we will also need to keep Kaysa though for when Peats is on Origin duty or injured or cant back up. Then I suppose we should re sign King as well given Kaysa is made of glass but in reality King is only required just in case so lets hope IDG comes good.so we can extend him as well.
All sorted.

Bazal

Post Whore
Or we could sign Peats and Clydsdale and get rid of the other plodders entirely....Pritchard is off contract next season anyway.

Latest posts