What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tigers Movements

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Does anyone know if we made a play at Gutherson? Given his form at fullback we should make a big offer for him if Lolohea doesn't work out.
Yep. We asked for a swap. Problem was, Moses was worth more, so Parra felt they were getting a shitty deal, because such a move would ease cap pressure for the Tigers.

In the end, we let him go as it kept Parra out of the market for future buys (they were apparently interested in Packer)

BrotherJim05

Bench
Yep. We asked for a swap. Problem was, Moses was worth more, so Parra felt they were getting a shitty deal, because such a move would ease cap pressure for the Tigers.

In the end, we let him go as it kept Parra out of the market for future buys (they were apparently interested in Packer)

Ah yep that makes sense. Bummer we couldn't get Gutherson as he would be perfect replacement for Tedesco. Plus he is a decent goalkicker.

I should be a bit more patient with Lolohea but i'm not yet convinced he is up for the FB role. Definitely needs to lose some weight

Tiger05

First Grade
I like Lolohea so far but looking at our backline next season I think Brooks and him are the two weakest links.

Shredder

Juniors
Lolo needs an off season.
Both to lose weight and to pick up team structures. I reckon he will be fine.
Your right though 05, our backline has a lot more spark next year. Lets hope Brooks can keep up.

Tiger05

First Grade
Lolo needs an off season.
Both to lose weight and to pick up team structures. I reckon he will be fine.
Your right though 05, our backline has a lot more spark next year. Lets hope Brooks can keep up.

It'll be interesting how Lolo and Brooks look next year. I think both the pack and the backline will be better than what we currently have but we need these two to really step up. If they don't I think they will be replaced.

Shredder

Juniors
Well 05 then we go back to the salary cap issue. If Brooks is in the squad he will need to play.
This is the problem the eels will have with Moses. At nearly a mil in salary cap they have to play him - sucked in.

Tiger05

First Grade
Well 05 then we go back to the salary cap issue. If Brooks is in the squad he will need to play.
This is the problem the eels will have with Moses. At nearly a mil in salary cap they have to play him - sucked in.

I think they will play him but I can't see the club continuing to pay him past the next 2 years if he doesn't get his game together. I also think we haven't paid significant overs for the next 2 years so if someone comes on and Brooks doesn't deserve to get picked he could be dropped. Parra have paid significant overs for the next 2 years.

Moses probably cost as much as Reynolds and more than Maloney.

I like Brooks and I think he is so close to being a gun halfback. He has pace. He has a good passing game and a good kicking game - both long and short. It's just that at the moment his game management can be poor and he has too many mistakes in him. If he gets his game together though he could be some player.

Clifferd

Coach
We have offered contracts to said 5 players;

Albert Vete, Brenton Lawrence, Curtis Rona, Jeremy Latimore, Alex Glenn.

My mail is we are likely to get 4/5 with Glenn being the unlikely one

Tiger Ted

Bench
I like Lolohea so far but looking at our backline next season I think Brooks and him are the two weakest links.
I agree 05 although I'm more confident about Lolohea delivering than I am with Brooks.I know that Brooks tried hard vs the sharks but for a pivotal player in the spine on good money we need more than trying hard we need quality re kicking passing & the astuteness as to selecting the optimum time to run the ball.No more excuses next season as he will b behind the toughest pack in his 4 yrs of NRL & he will have 1 heck of a tough &motivated 5/8 ptr in Reynolds in contrast to the useless weak wanka who has thankfully gone to parra !

Shredder

Juniors
You know, with a solid pack actually going forward and with a backline that actually does its job, I think Brooks will play (or at least seem to play) better.

This team of Ivans is better across the park, which means individual brilliance wont be required anymore. Remember the star of the team is the team...

Im getting ready for a very different style of footy next year.

2141 fella

Juniors
And let's not forget we have Gamble waiting in the wings. Actually in the halves, but let's not split hairs.
If Brooks is performing sub standard with no real potential to get better, why not throw Gamble in the arena?
He might not be NRL standard.... like Brooksy..... but he might show he has more to offer long term.

Vozzy

Juniors
One thing Brooks does well which I think he should do more is take the line on. I still hate having luke Brooks stationed on the left i reckon he should be a roving half on both sides. Thurston and cronk are first receiver whether the ball goes left or right.

Brooks will be fine next year. A forward pack with a bit of mongrel and plenty of running options in the backline. Lolohea may not be a world beater at fullback but he'll be dangerous with the ball in hand and can chip in here and there.

As long as he can find the corners and turn the backs around with his long kicks, develop his short kicking game a little and lay the right pass on at the line he'll fare a lot better than he has in the past.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Alex Twal has joined the club today, earlier than expected. has been named in the 21 this weekend

Shredder

Juniors
MM has extended by 2 yrs

Not sure if I missed it on here - but he is well and truly on the bus.

BrotherJim05

Bench
We have offered contracts to said 5 players;

Albert Vete, Brenton Lawrence, Curtis Rona, Jeremy Latimore, Alex Glenn.

My mail is we are likely to get 4/5 with Glenn being the unlikely one

Wow we are chasing a lot of props. I really hope we can snare Alex Glenn, he would walk into the starting team...would probably push Lawrence out though which isn't great.

If we could get Glenn, Rona and one of those props (preferably Latimore) then we really have the full team ready and raring to go

Latest posts