What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

State Of Origin 1995 - 1996 Full games.

Howwy

Juniors
Hah ... remember the '95 series. Was so certain we had absolutely no chance so I didn't even bother to watch Game 1. Just went for a looong walk around the block.

Came back in ... looked like there was a minute or two left of game time.

Ah well, might as well take a quick peek at the horror show ... man up now, take it on the chin ...

As the TV came up (old CRT tech then), the score looked like two single digits ... what's this ??

Then as the focus sharpened, there it was ... a "2" and a "0" ...

Hey this isn't on delay or a highlights package or the early stages of a replay, right ? Nope, the game time indicator really says minute 78 (or 79, don't remember which). It is the right way round ? Yup, it's really and truly QLD 2 NSW 0.

As the saying goes ... F. M. D. ... surely QLD's greatest win and I (deliberately) missed it all.

Paul Harragon on the Sunday Footy Show commented that he had no idea just how Vautin did it - maybe, for all the talk about spirit, Fatty doesn't either. But to this say I wonder if Gould wakes up in the middle of the night wondering just what went wrong that year.

Knightmare

Coach
Hah ... remember the '95 series. Was so certain we had absolutely no chance so I didn't even bother to watch Game 1. Just went for a looong walk around the block.

Came back in ... looked like there was a minute or two left of game time.

Ah well, might as well take a quick peek at the horror show ... man up now, take it on the chin ...

As the TV came up (old CRT tech then), the score looked like two single digits ... what's this ??

Then as the focus sharpened, there it was ... a "2" and a "0" ...

Hey this isn't on delay or a highlights package or the early stages of a replay, right ? Nope, the game time indicator really says minute 78 (or 79, don't remember which). It is the right way round ? Yup, it's really and truly QLD 2 NSW 0.

As the saying goes ... F. M. D. ... surely QLD's greatest win and I (deliberately) missed it all.

Paul Harragon on the Sunday Footy Show commented that he had no idea just how Vautin did it - maybe, for all the talk about spirit, Fatty doesn't either. But to this say I wonder if Gould wakes up in the middle of the night wondering just what went wrong that year.

The emergence of the Super League war was a big distraction to the NSW team, especially for Gus. It would've been interesting to see how that series would've panned out without the madness...

Can someone upload the 1997 Super League Tri series? I have the 102 minute final on tape, but it's now mouldy as f*ck.