What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I get what you're saying but I'm doubtful Murray is more than a bench player at this stage.

If we bought Guerra and played him at lock I'd have been happy for Sam to play prop.

Only problem is the Knights recruiting team aren't stupid and have already got Guerra.

Trust me murray will be a much better player than guerra in a few years. Murray has the same potential as both fui and Crichton. He needs to more first grade time to adapt to it though. He should be a regular 17 player next year!

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Comparing sam to gi has a huge flaw.

Name one player who can do what GI can.

Now name all the players who can do what Burgess can.
Gallen, mcguire,Vaughan, Bromwich, taumololo, fifita etc.

Like i said, I'd rather keep sam. But he is replaceable.

If losing sam is the cost of replacing the twins then i think it's worth it.

The arguement that we have to keep sam because he does everything is actually part of my arguement. If keeping sam means we have to keep the twins and pay huge amount for 2 players who contribute next to nothing then that extra sam does means nothing.

Out of that list of players I'd say only Fifita, taumololo, Vaughan and Gallen have had a 2017 season better or the same to as Sam. Once again I say that the only players you could recruit to Souths for less than 800k would be Gallen (nearing retirement) and Vaughan. Let's be honest though nobody in the rugby league world knew that Vaughan was gonna have this kind of season when he signed with saints for 550k a season. Every human being thought that was overs.

I'm also surprised that you didn't mention Jack DeBelin. He is the only player that Souths might be able to recruit that would come under 800k and would provide the same impact Sam does. If Souths were smart they would of offered him a lot of money when he was off contract because he is worth a significant amount.

Yes, the twins have been our downfall this year. Every person on this forum is pissed off with their form. In saying that though there have been players who can go from having a terrible season to absolutely killing it the next e.g. Taupau for manly. Twins are only 25 and they're contract still has another year running hopefully they can pull their heads out. I don't think Sam follows them anyway and vice versa.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Souths til I die a prop like Ofehengaue would be good for us.

He's really coming on this season at Brisbane.

In a team that got flogged last night off the bench he made 12 for 121m.

The week before he made 13 for 131m.

Now I know he doesn't always make that many metres but he's got the potential to go bigger than what Turner, Tyrrell and Clark can. FACT......

As I previously said a player like Guerra would've been good at lock meaning we could move Sam to prop.

Also a player in the mould of Leeson Ah Mau would be good for us. Just a hard working no nonsense prop who gets it done.

Yeah ofehengaue is okay. I rate lesson ah mau more than both guerra and ofe though mate!

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
There has been an immediate player swap. Dean Britt is moving to Souths effective immediately and Robbie Rochow is heading to storm effective immediately.

Travitoh

First Grade
I understand what @DiegoNT is saying and i agree with what he is saying. Losing Sam isn't ideal but if he decides to leave because the twins have gone elsewhere then so be it. Sam the individual is quality but the Burgii as a trio are poor. 6 of the top 8 don't have a forward of Sam's quality but their middle forwards overall are a long way ahead of ours.
Sam, Turner and Clark are a much better middle trio than the Burgii in both output and value for money and that is one of the biggest problems at the moment with the club, the 'duds' are actually outplaying most of their higher paid team mates.

Travitoh

First Grade
The Britt/Rochow swap to me says we're preparing for next season. Not the worst idea as it gives Britt a chance to settle in now and hit the ground running in preseason

truthslayer

Juniors
I took you off ignore just for sheer lunacy and comedy and it's being provided so thank you!!!

Yes we can piss off the twins but you can't get rid of Sam. That'd be sheer lunacy!!!!!! Rusty won't let it happen!!!!!!

800k is a bargain for Sam.

GI being on a million is overs on the other hand.
You make a lot of sense on this ...

truthslayer

Juniors
I understand what @DiegoNT is saying and i agree with what he is saying. Losing Sam isn't ideal but if he decides to leave because the twins have gone elsewhere then so be it. Sam the individual is quality but the Burgii as a trio are poor. 6 of the top 8 don't have a forward of Sam's quality but their middle forwards overall are a long way ahead of ours.
Sam, Turner and Clark are a much better middle trio than the Burgii in both output and value for money and that is one of the biggest problems at the moment with the club, the 'duds' are actually outplaying most of their higher paid team mates.
I agree with you about the twins , we need to stop looking at them as three , Sam is worth his payment, In such an important match this weekend I hope the coach has made correct call ..because if tyrell and the twins cannot get back to the defensive line quicker than they have it will be a disaster,

callmack1

Staff member
The Britt/Rochow swap to me says we're preparing for next season. Not the worst idea as it gives Britt a chance to settle in now and hit the ground running in preseason
Exactly. And let's be honest, Rochow isn't a big loss.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Although Britt might be labelled poorly by some he was highly anticipated to make his way into the storm 17 next year. He is one of the most consistent performers in the U20's the only question I have is the fact that he's a second rower? We have a surplus of second rowers, where the f**k are the props?!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Although Britt might be labelled poorly by some he was highly anticipated to make his way into the storm 17 next year. He is one of the most consistent performers in the U20's the only question I have is the fact that he's a second rower? We have a surplus of second rowers, where the f**k are the props?!
Yes where are the props!!!!!!!????????

We need to keep Cherrington to another year now.