What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Viable option to replace Griffin or should he stay.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Horse Cartwright is your man......
Experienced, the Gold Coast never had the cattle,
Bleeds Penrith.

You could always go for Flanno, with the carrot, you do not want to coach your son.

OldPanther

Coach
Horse Cartwright is your man......
Experienced, the Gold Coast never had the cattle,
Bleeds Penrith.

You could always go for Flanno, with the carrot, you do not want to coach your son.

Cartwright could come over. He wouldn't be the worst option.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
I said it on reddit and I'll say it here. The club is losing the hearts and minds of it's fans/members. They told us for years we are building and now it's our time for us to likely not even crawl into the 8.

It is true.

I have been to every ground in Australia to watch Penrith play including Townsville 3 times.

I can't even be bothered to go to ANZ now. I didn't go to the games at ANZ v the Dogs and last week v Souths. Despite having free tickets to both.

For the first time ever I am going overseas in late Sept/early Oct. I normally wouldn't even consider this 2 months before the finals, as I always hold on to hope Penrith will be in the GF.

Griffin's boring style on and off the field has taken away so much excitement. I am sick of him.

Kilkenny

Coach
It is true.

I have been to every ground in Australia to watch Penrith play including Townsville 3 times.

I can't even be bothered to go to ANZ now. I didn't go to the games at ANZ v the Dogs and last week v Souths. Despite having free tickets to both.

For the first time ever I am going overseas in late Sept/early Oct. I normally wouldn't even consider this 2 months before the finals, as I always hold on to hope Penrith will be in the GF.

Griffin's boring style on and off the field has taken away so much excitement. I am sick of him.

Feeling your pain. Wife and I think the same way and for many years schedule our lifestyle around the footy season. As a result of this years terrible showing we have already booked OS holiday for six weeks March April 2018. Sadly we're over it.

The coach may not solely be the cause of our poor showing but I have come to the conclusion he is not the right fit for us.

Caged Panther

First Grade
Feeling your pain. Wife and I think the same way and for many years schedule our lifestyle around the footy season. As a result of this years terrible showing we have already booked OS holiday for six weeks March April 2018. Sadly we're over it.

The coach may not solely be the cause of our poor showing but I have come to the conclusion he is not the right fit for us.

The thing is he was never the right fit for us how Gus didn't see it I'll never know. Perhaps he should have taken more than five minutes after sacking Cleary to figure that out.

ashton

Juniors
I thought Gould's decision to appoint Griffin in the first place was poor.
My only concern if Griffin is sacked what dud coach are we going to sign next.
Both Gould and Griffin are managed by Wayne Beavis.......maybe Gould owed Beavis a favour.

roofromoz

First Grade
I will probably get flamed too but I agree.

Flames in my direction too - I agree as well. If a few more floggings is enough for Griffin to get the punt at seasons end, then short term pain for long term gain.

As much as we all want to see a run that will jag us a 7th-8th spot at the end of Round 26, that will probably be enough for this supposed contract extension to happen.

roofromoz

First Grade
Would encourage everyone to take their dissatisfaction with Griffin beyond these boards.

Email the club

Email board members

Talk about it on social media

Speak to fellow fans about it

If you can speak to the media about it

Any little bit helps.

Yes I know it's a long shot, but no harm giving it a go.

What about "Griffin out" signs, similar to those Arsenal ones, and displayed in prominent locations.

For example, when we score our solitary try this weekend in the 78th minute, and they cut to the Black Hole for a crowd shot, there it is.

Blues Riff

Bench
Would encourage everyone to take their dissatisfaction with Griffin beyond these boards.

Email the club

Email board members

Talk about it on social media

Speak to fellow fans about it

If you can speak to the media about it

Any little bit helps.

Yes I know it's a long shot, but no harm giving it a go.
Not only a long shot, but a piss in the ocean compared to the Dragon's fans "Sack Mary" campaign.

betcats

Referee
Care to explain, is there some history there I do not know of?

Gus said some unflattering shit bout your premiership win before this season and there was a little said in response after the lesson you gave us earlier in the year. I doubt it is any real dislike or issues.