What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

League Announcements

zombie jesus

Staff member
The league site is pretty annoying with dropping players since the update, not allowing you to drop multiple players at once. You can get around it by going through the Injured Reserve function. You can select multiple players and drop them from there.

zombie jesus

Staff member
The auction has ended. Blind bidding is open.

The first run of waivers will process at 10pm on Wednesday night and then every Wednesday night until the season kicks off.

This is the only way of adding players, there is no first come, first serve waivers until the we're into the actual season.

I have placed the blind bidding box on the league home page, just click on No pending blind bids - you may enter them now. From there you select a player and the blind bid options will generate at the bottom of the page, enter your bid amount. You can just add players or you can choose to make a corresponding drop. Once you're done hit submit. Check the Current Waiver Claims box to be sure it's saved.

If you win a player you can assign years, just post in the Roster Moves thread, maximum 5 years. You have 48 hours to assign years or it defaults to 1.

All players can now be dropped at the in-season rate, that includes 2017 adds. So any player you drop from here on out will attract a penalty of 20% of the salary multiplied by years, so...

0.2 x salary x years

John Smith has a 2 year contract at $5000, his cap penalty is
0.2 x 5000 x 2 = 2000

This penalty then gets distributed over the cureent season and next season 20/80, so...
Cap penalty x 0.2 = cap hit to current year salary
Cap penalty x 0.8 = cap hit applied and carried over to 2018 season

For the above example $400 would be applied to the 2017 salary cap and $1600 would be carried over to 2018.

Any drops need to be posted in the roster moves thread so I can adjust the salary cap penalty. The league site will automatically charge the full cap hit to the current year, I need to manually adjust this for each drop.

zombie jesus

Staff member
I've added a bit extra to the league site. There's a new menu "Tipping & Survivor", there we have an NFL tipping comp, a tipping comp based on our league and a survivor comp. Just there for fun if you want to participate.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Congratulations to legend on the win!

Final draft order has been updated and I've processed all the transactions from the lats few weeks of the season.

We've got a new owner arriving to take over the Banana Volcanoes. If anyone else is thinking of not returning for the 2018 season please let me know ASAP so a new owner can be set up.

We'll start the off season process around the end of May with rules discussion so you'll all hear from me then.

Congrats to Legend for winning
the Super Bowlcut II.

Haynesville Dreamweavers are coming back for the Mangina next season, belee dat!

zombie jesus

Staff member
No vacancies to worry about.

First up is rule changes, should be fairly simple, I think we're pretty settled, if you've got anything now's the time. Im going to have a look at scoring and a couple other changes over the next week or so.

I'll send an email out with all the potential changes next week or something.

legend

Coach
Gotta love how time flies when it comes to NFL and fantasy league season. Can't wait to defend my title!

zombie jesus

Staff member
I won't set a date for the rookie draft, once this auction is done I'll get the rookie draft set up as soon as I can. No clock to start off with but if people drag their feet we'll implement one.

zombie jesus

Staff member
The free agency auction looks pretty much done. I will shut it down in the next day or so if no more auctions get started.

1st August will be the first blind bid waiver run and then every Wednesday night (our time) after that, in line with how it runs through the season.

1st August will be the "new league year" so cap hits for 2018 acquired players revert to the usual 20% x years remaining. Cap hits will change to be split 20/80 over the 2018/2019 season.

Players acquired via blind bidding are an automatic 1-year contract, but you will have the opportunity to place the restricted free agent tag on 2 of them before next season.

Any development squad eligible players (2nd, 3rd, 4th round picks) need to be placed on the DS by this date also. After August 1 you can only promote players from the DS but you can't demote anyone down there.

I'll update the promotion salary costs once the auction is closed.

With NFL training camps starting players are getting put on PUP and IR, these players are eligible for your IR list along with suspended players. Players on IR have a 50% discount on their salary towards your cap.

zombie jesus

Staff member
The auction is closed.

Blind bid waivers are open. They'll process every Wednesday night at 9pm Sydney time until we get to season kick off.

Latest posts