What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Burns The Secret Behind Reynolds' Form Surge

greg jay

Juniors
The thing is on here most posters don't recognise when players aren't performing. They sugar coat things and hide away from it!!!!

We know we can't have a bunch of stars but look at how we lost Brown. You tell Turner and Tyrrell to go and we probably keep Brown and have a youngster as a back up which makes good sense!!!!!!!! Our retention and recruitment after the GF has been shithouse!!!!!!!!!

At times last season I saw my team not give a shit and it was a bunch of players who looked like they had never met one another!!!!!!!!! I asked myself last season how did that compare to 2002 and at least we had a team then who were proud to wear that jersey even though we didn't have the skill!!!!!!! We had players last season who took our jersey for granted!!!!!!

You don't have to recruit all superstars but it's about being smarter!!!!!!!!! At the end of this season I'd be having Cherrington stay on another season!!!!! I'd get rid of Gosiewski as I don't rate him. We already have Fui, Crichton, Sam, Sutto, Murray and Britt!!!!!

On this forum Burns has his first quality match besides the CS and people have overreacted. We are getting ahead of ourselves!!!!! Burns is not an out and out first grade starter at this stage. But yes he's got more quality then Robert Jennings.

From what I have seen of Jennings he has concentration issues!!!!!! He switches on and off. He is pretty poor defensively. He also knows how to obstruct plays frequently and get his timing out plus he can't catch the ball or put in an unmarked winger to score. He could very well turn out to be a flop and NSW Cup player unless he starts putting in the hard yards to see what he could become!!!!!!

I don't know why we signed such hacks like Nielsen or Kelly. Both were backwards signings!!!!!!!

The fact Greinke can't even make the starting pack at Norths is a big concern. This tells us he can't handle starting in a NSW Cup match!!!!!!! Also Bennett was very happy to let him go and he is choosy in his judgement.

Of course we can celebrate a win but I have higher standards of my team these days and we can't get ahead of ourselves and get cocky which has happened a bit on here!!!!!!!!

Fancy a poster saying we can win the comp this year!!!!!!! That's just a stupid and foolish comment!!!!! That's getting ahead of yourself as well!!!!!!!! We don't have the quality in our squad to be going deep into September. FACT........ If we had Dylan and Brown I would be thinking differently. We are missing that strike back and hardworking no nonsense prop who does the hard yards again and again that doesn't go missing during matches and makes 15 hit ups to help Sam.

We need a miracle just to make 8th spot at this stage!!!!!!
Braidon Burns is, correct me if otherwise... young Burns is 5-0 as a STARTER. Translation: The team can win with Burns as a starter. He has maturity and self control issues to address but the raw staats inform one and all that a team wins with Burns as a starter. Personally I like his aggression desire and willingness to cart the rock out of the dead zone to give his forwards a rest. Re Brown: He is productive and improving but I prefer to keep developing the Fuimaono-Crichton combination backed up by Sam B. With those three there + young Musgrove why cry about Brown?? Fuimaono + Musgrove + Sam B + The Wonder Boy = Explosiveness = Victories.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Braidon Burns is, correct me if otherwise... young Burns is 5-0 as a STARTER. Translation: The team can win with Burns as a starter. He has maturity and self control issues to address but the raw staats inform one and all that a team wins with Burns as a starter. Personally I like his aggression desire and willingness to cart the rock out of the dead zone to give his forwards a rest. Re Brown: He is productive and improving but I prefer to keep developing the Fuimaono-Crichton combination backed up by Sam B. With those three there + young Musgrove why cry about Brown?? Fuimaono + Musgrove + Sam B + The Wonder Boy = Explosiveness = Victories.

Greg are you drunk?

alien

Referee
Greg, we'd be even stronger with Brown in the 17 too! You know it makes sense!

DiegoNT

First Grade
Burns is copping a hammering on social media since the game but i think it's unfair.

He had a bad knock on while trying to play the ball. But if we dumped blokes to nsw cup for simple play the ball mistakes like that then the Burgii's nrl career are over.

There was also a case where a bomb was allowed to bounce. I don't believe this was a case of the panthers game coming back to haunt him. If you watch it you see Walker coming over to try catch the bomb as well and at the last second both back out. Burns was slightly closer and in a better position ti catch it, but i think this is an occasion where lack of communication caused the problem and not either players weaknesses.

Apart from that he wasn't to bad

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Burns is copping a hammering on social media since the game but i think it's unfair.

He had a bad knock on while trying to play the ball. But if we dumped blokes to nsw cup for simple play the ball mistakes like that then the Burgii's nrl career are over.

There was also a case where a bomb was allowed to bounce. I don't believe this was a case of the panthers game coming back to haunt him. If you watch it you see Walker coming over to try catch the bomb as well and at the last second both back out. Burns was slightly closer and in a better position ti catch it, but i think this is an occasion where lack of communication caused the problem and not either players weaknesses.

Gordon made a few errors last night. Let a few bounces happen. I wonder...

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
That's as Reynolds bombs were brilliant.

The Roosters bombs weren't and Burns let a few bounce!!!!!!

As I've said he's not a first grader!!!!!

You underrate Cornish. His bombs were pinpoint. For a NSW cup player he looked pretty set in first grade. Honestly Reynolds played really well but he didn't outplay Cornish last night at all. Which says a lot about young Cornish.

Travitoh

First Grade

I thought that should've been Walkers, Burns was closer but he was also running backwards while Walker was coming across and would've been in a better position with the ball. Probably a result of a lack of communication but i believe Walker should've made it his.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I thought that should've been Walkers, Burns was closer but he was also running backwards while Walker was coming across and would've been in a better position with the ball. Probably a result of a lack of communication but i believe Walker should've made it his.

I played most of my junior rugby league at fullback and wing and honest to god it makes no sense why Walker would run towards it and then back off. Walker shouldve known that burns lacks confidence and none of them were speaking.

DiegoNT

First Grade
I played most of my junior rugby league at fullback and wing and honest to god it makes no sense why Walker would run towards it and then back off. Walker shouldve known that burns lacks confidence and none of them were speaking.
If you have 2 players running for a catch, one running forward and one running backwards, then it's usually the forward runner who has rights to the ball, even if he is further away. That's why communication is vital.

Walker had a Lackadaisical approach to bombs all game

Ya gotta love this place.

I wake up this morning with a bit of the black dog, coming to terms with the fact that after last nights devastating loss, our season is probably over.

Thankfully, I come in here this arvo and a couple of fellow fans have awoken me to the error of my ways.

I was completely wrong and apologise unreservedly. I am an absolute don't knower. I now realise that you are completely correct to say that. me saying that I hope we make the 8, is the stupidest thing posted on here in a long time. I 100% concur that me saying that I dream of us winning the premiership, was in fact trolling. I am a don't knowing troll. How could I be so self absorbed not to realise that coming into a Souths forum to talk to fellow Souths fans and members, about my hopes of Souths winning the comp was not trolling. I am so obviously the troll in this situation. I love the cute nickname too, what do we say is it lol.

I hereby swear that from herein in I will toe the party line and constantly criticise our players and club on a daily basis. I will wholeheartedly join in the celebrations of the apparent end to our season (I can't believe this morning I thought that this was something to be distressed about, don't knower, apparently I should be celebrating like we won the comp). On top of all this I will resolutely TIP SOUTHS EVERY WEEK, even bye weeks and through the offseason (man our players would be duds at cricket).

Nah, F@#k that.

I will continue to dream that whilst ever there is a mathematical chance to make the 8, that we're in with a shot, however small. I will continue to respect and support anyone that runs out wearing the Cardinal and Myrtle. I will never celebrate a Souths loss, just because of perceived petty victories in discussions on here, especially when it was our season on the line.

My name is Stan.....and I'm a proud don't knower. I'd hate to be whatever the f@#k it is that you call the alternative.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
If you have 2 players running for a catch, one running forward and one running backwards, then it's usually the forward runner who has rights to the ball, even if he is further away. That's why communication is vital.

You're completely right. It makes no sense to move towards the ball if you're not gonna catch it. Oh well it just goes to show how inexperienced our back 3 bar AJ is.

You're completely right. It makes no sense to move towards the ball if you're not gonna catch it. Oh well it just goes to show how inexperienced our back 3 bar AJ is.
Agree with both of you, Burns was baulked by Walker, if Walker wasn't going to go for it he shouldn't have run in so close, at least not without clearly communicating to Burns that it was his.

callmack1

Staff member

Exactly. I think he looks way more confident than what he was earlier in the season. His running game is also improving.

Exactly. I think he looks way more confident than what he was earlier in the season. His running game is also improving.
Exactly, his work off the ball is also improving. at one stage in the first half one of the twins made a break and he came flying through in support, Thankfully they didn't attempt an offload.

He is learning though, and if he learns to run like that off Sam or Gus, he'll score plenty.