What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

SaraSassypants

Juniors
R20 you are correct. I said it last year though. We only offered Brown 100k we could have kept him if we offered 150k IMO. I've been very vocal from the beginning. We turned him into a complete NRL player. Imagine him at Lock with Burgess' in the front row, Angus and Fui at second row. So salty!!!!!

SaraSassypants

Juniors
I'll add that Brown DID NOT want to leave Souths. However no matter how much you love a club you can't blame him. 100k vs 170k is a no brainer. I back the club in every call except this one. I hope we try and get him back when his contract is up. Burgess will be getting older so may move from Lock if we could get him back. Brown loves Sam too

Rabbits20

Immortal
R20 you are correct. I said it last year though. We only offered Brown 100k we could have kept him if we offered 150k IMO. I've been very vocal from the beginning. We turned him into a complete NRL player. Imagine him at Lock with Burgess' in the front row, Angus and Fui at second row. So salty!!!!!
I know I'm right!!!!!

Bloody John Lee getting rid of Dylan too.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I'll add that Brown DID NOT want to leave Souths. However no matter how much you love a club you can't blame him. 100k vs 170k is a no brainer. I back the club in every call except this one. I hope we try and get him back when his contract is up. Burgess will be getting older so may move from Lock if we could get him back. Brown loves Sam too
Let me dream lol!!!!!!

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Blake ferguson is set to resign with the roosters. I wasn't that keen on paying 550k per season for a winger though anyway. Need more value for money.

alien

Referee
Sport Confidential: South Sydney star Sam Burgess set to sign new contract at club
Michael Carayannis and Christian Nicolussi, The Daily Telegraph
July 6, 2017 9:40pm

THE Rabbitohs have been given a timely boost as they look to push for a finals spot with skipper Sam Burgess set to extend his stay at the club until at least the end of 2019.

Brothers George and Thomas are also looking to sign on for a further season.

Sam was not off contract until the end of next year after signing a three-year deal to rejoin the Rabbitohs from English rugby last year.

But Sport Confidential understands Burgess wants to extend his current deal by one more year, forging a chance to test himself on the open market.

Sam, who could have commanded up to $1 million a season, will turn 31 at the end of 2019.

89099c1cfd5d7c266f05c1be93ebda7b

Souths prop Sam Burgess is set to sign a new deal with the club.

Thomas and George are also looking to sign on for a further season, meaning their deals will also end at the end of 2019.

George was once tipped to become the NRL’s first $1 million a season prop, but his value has dropped since his brilliant 2014 season.

South Sydney will try to lock in young guns Tyrell Fuimaono and Angus Crighton to long-term deals before their contracts expire at the end of next year.

Tyrell’s teammates gets hooks into fish feasts

RABBITOHS rookie Tyrell Fuimaono has provided on the field for his club and now he is starting to be a provider away from the field.

The first-year NRL player is making a name for himself as a fisherman at the Rabbitohs with teammates regularly enjoying his catches.

The 21-year-old took full advantage of South Sydney’s recent bye, travelling to South West Rocks with family to enjoy a spot of spear fishing.

The outcome? A fridge full of fish, which he happily shared with Rabbitohs teammate Zane Musgrove for dinner last week.

79787e4e78f3f0c88849a9003c48209a

Souths rookie Tyrell Fuimaono displays one of his catches.

“On my dad’s side we are islanders so we love our fish,” Fuimaono said.

“We came back from our trip and filleted the fish and we do the whole lot. My nan from the other side comes over and gets her fish. My fridge is now stacked of fish.”

Dolphinfish and kingfish dominated Fuimaono’s most recent four-day haul.

“Now it’s a bit hard with training so I don’t get too much time but whenever the weather is good and now I’m living in the eastern suburbs I try and get out as much as I can,” Fuimaono said.

“Some of the boys like to give it a crack and we go down on a day off or in the afternoon. It’s good for the body too to have a swim around.

“It was perfect timing to have a few days off and have a break. It’s really good to have fish in the diet too.”

Unusual sign of the times

Ummm, I guess this is a different way of promoting Friday night’s local derby clash between the Roosters and South Sydney?

This person was spotted by the crew at Blue Sky Bloodstock doing their best to try to entice people to Allianz Stadium.

f9b81a42e022635667df6e8c2f5b7461

Drumming up interest in the Roosters v Rabbitohs clash.

It certainly got our attention so maybe it worked?

Another suggestion would be maybe don’t play one of the highest profile match-ups of the season during the Origin period?

Maybe.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...b/news-story/dd12cbd840a43cdd14de2ca38988f2d7

alien

Referee
I don't know what they are waiting for when it comes to signing Crichton - maybe seeing how much the salary cap will be? He needs to be signed long term anyway. I'd offer him a 4 year deal now, worth $500,000 per season.

Travitoh

First Grade
The issue with Crichton would possibly be related to the cap this season. He's probably eyeing off a big pay rise as i expect he wouldn't be on much currently so we've had to open up some cap room to fit him in, hence the Rochow-Britt swap.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Lee is the worst thing that ever happened to the club. Went over the coaches head re D Walker. Glad to see the back of him, evidently so are the Roosters it seems.

Something that I don't understand is how he came to be CEO of two of the greatest clubs in the league? He left Souths in a terrible position and as soon as he left the roosters they improved significantly. How was this guy ever qualified?

Itsamansgame

Juniors
Something that I don't understand is how he came to be CEO of two of the greatest clubs in the league? He left Souths in a terrible position and as soon as he left the roosters they improved significantly. How was this guy ever qualified?
Have a browse in Wikipedia,he's a rather diverse dickhead!

southsport

First Grade

He is/was an acquaintance of James Packer I believe, that's how it all came about.

alien

Referee
A CEO should never decide which players are retained/signed. It should be up to the head coach and/or the general manager of football.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Latrell Mitchell is apparently not wanted by the roosters? With the resigning of ferguson, gordon and tupou I think that almost confirms it.

DiegoNT

First Grade
A lot of John Lee bashing on here. But he was the person who done the Sam Burgess deal. Also signed coom.

I wonder if Richardson had been at the club when Sam was coming back if things would have turned out a lot different.

Latest posts