What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 18 vs Storm - Team List Thread

Parra47

Juniors
I remember your first ever post. It was all about the difference between five-eights and half-backs. I tried to block it but my conscience wouldn't let me.
Not sure if that was my first post or not, a long time ago now. Interesting to see Andrew Johns and Gould agree with me again last night when talking about running five eights and organising halfbacks and how the better preformed teams have a nice balance of both.

Parra47

Juniors
Not that big a difference between centre - where he debuted - and playing in Manu's position. He won't be playing up the guts and will defend three as opposed to two.
Agreed however there is a bit more or a work rate playing back row and I'm not sure how he would cope with that at this stage of his transition.

emjaycee

Coach
Gower can play on the edge and has a good passing game when used out wide.
I agree Gower can play out wide but doing so reduces our middle forward rotation. We dont have enough of them to pull down the big minutes needed if we only have 1 on the bench.

Unless BA plans to use Tepai in the middle exclusively.

I still think (and hope) we will see Marata debut.

Parra47

Juniors
I agree Gower can play out wide but doing so reduces our middle forward rotation. We dont have enough of them to pull down the big minutes needed if we only have 1 on the bench.

Unless BA plans to use Tepai in the middle exclusively.

I still think (and hope) we will see Marata debut.
I'd like to see Niukore debut and see how he goes. I also wouldn't mind Tepai play in the middle more as I think he gets a little lost playing on out wide and goes missing. Playing him in the middle will force him to stay involved.

We have a number of talented backrowers who are yet to play first grade, Niukore, Stone, Woods and Morris. Going to be interesting to see over the next couple of years if any can make the step up to NRL. Niukore and Stone look good and Woods and Morris still might turn into players capable of stepping up. Also be interesting to see if Stromquist is offered a training contract over the off season. I think he has potentially more to offer than O'Brien and Ualesi, (who doesn't have an NRL contract).

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I'd like to see Niukore debut and see how he goes. I also wouldn't mind Tepai play in the middle more as I think he gets a little lost playing on out wide and goes missing. Playing him in the middle will force him to stay involved.

We have a number of talented backrowers who are yet to play first grade, Niukore, Stone, Woods and Morris. Going to be interesting to see over the next couple of years if any can make the step up to NRL. Niukore and Stone look good and Woods and Morris still might turn into players capable of stepping up. Also be interesting to see if Stromquist is offered a training contract over the off season. I think he has potentially more to offer than O'Brien and Ualesi, (who doesn't have an NRL contract).

Ualesi has a second tier NRL contract as opposed to just a wenty contract.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Not sure if that was my first post or not, a long time ago now. Interesting to see Andrew Johns and Gould agree with me again last night when talking about running five eights and organising halfbacks and how the better preformed teams have a nice balance of both.
You'd do better to listen to blokes involved in coaching and playing the modern game. Mitch Moses and Pete Gentle have some interesting (and relevant) things to say about the topic on their latest videos on the club's official site.

Latest posts