What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 17 v Panthers

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Goodwin was in a bad position because sam,who was in la la land was floundering around on his inside,unable to mark up on anyone!was lucky to not have to go take a hia test.

Ahh fair fair I didn't realise Sam received a knock! The guy refuses to come off unless his forced haha

rabbitohs95

Bench
How good was that lads?!! Finally an awesome game. We were solid but shaky at times to start off with but we fixed that and the rest was brilliant.

Boy, it's good to see some ad-lib football!! We actually looked real good and scored some brilliant tries. Great attacking game today.

Defence was very pleasing too. Yes, they got that try at the end but we turned them away on many occasions. Big effort.

Good aggression shown throughout the whole game which was good to see.

Walker: Really good. Probed all night and looked really dangerous. Had a hand in some great tries and line breaks. He also defused a lot of Penrith's attacking kicks.

Johnston: Wow! Five tries! How good was that! An awesome game, he really put on a show. Scored some tries through pure speed and he's a great finisher. It's a shame he couldn't get six, it was a scintillating game from him!

Goodwin: Solid. Did his job to perfection. Some good runs with his late footwork and did a lot of the dirty work as always.

Gray: As above. Provided some good aggression out wide.

Burns: Very good. He has been improving since he came back and we was good today. Out jumped on of the best wingers in the game for his try and he was really ruthless in both attack and defence.

Sutton: Didn't do a hell of a lot of the play making but that's good. His strength is his running game and that's what he focused on. Did a good job at straightening our attack. A good job from Sutto.

Reynolds: Awesome! His kicking was a bit off early on but boy did he rise in the rest of the game. The pin point kicking returned and he was back to his best. It was great that he took the line on. Even when kicking, he'd get over the advantage line before he kicked. Great game, his best for a while.

T.Burgess: Was good. Much improved. Ran hard and made plenty of metres which is a welcoming sign. Made minimal errors too.

Farah: Was also good. Got the boys going in attack and looked crafty in attack. His service was a little slow to start but other than that he was great. Did heaps of defensive work too.

Tyrrell: Did his job. He tackled so well, did a lot of work in this area. I'd like to see him run more but perhaps that wasn't his role. In saying that, the runs he did have were good. Seemed to make more post-contact metres than usual. Did you guys see the way everyone came up and congratulated him after the game? Because of that, I can't help but feel this was his farewell game. But who knows as he went well.

Fuimaono: Was good. He's so powerful! His ability to get his legs pumping after contact is awesome. Was powerful defensively too.

Crichton: Was also good. Not as spectacular as the last game but still great. Great running as we have come to expect from him. He's a weapon.

S.Burgess: Inspirational. He was great. It sounds weird to say but his sin binning really lifted us (I know it's the rules but he really shouldn't have been sent off). He was huge. His runs were devastating and he had a hand in some great tries, especially that one where he put Cody into space. Got one of his own too! I loved it.

Cook: Solid. He caught the markers out many times and got us rolling well. Set up AJ's fifth try with great awareness. I still think we look better with Farah however.

Clark: I thought he was really good and actually made an impact. Like Tyrrell, he seemed to make better post-contact metres and he kept that middle tight.

Musgrove: Also had a big impact. Ran very hard and did plenty of work. No way would I want to tackle him haha.

G.Burgess: Finally, finally a good game from George. Great game in fact. His runs looked back to his best, bumping off defenders and was very hard to stop. He was focussed and made no errors.

Overall I'm soooo happy with that game. The style of footy we played today must be our style going forward and it just goes to show how good we can be.

Our starts still need a bit of work but all round it was great. Play like that more and we will cause some teams trouble.
Loving these analysis's bro. Keep it up.

Four at a time should be up tonight hopefully. Great period.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Surely this game is an obvious sign of why cook hasn't been coming on earlier. We've lost our way in the last 20 minutes.
I don't know what you were watching.

I'm LMAO!!!

Cook was very good!!! FACT.....

All 17 did their job.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Stop hoeing into Bryson!!!!!

I wonder if it'll be Tyrrell or Turner at starting prop next week???

Hahaha scoopdog corrected me on that statement it wasn't his fault! In all honestly turner needs to force his way back into first grade after that performance. Keep the team synergy as it is.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Hahaha scoopdog corrected me on that statement it wasn't his fault! In all honestly turner needs to force his way back into first grade after that performance. Keep the team synergy as it is.
I've been calling for Turner to get a wake up call after his inconsistencies this season!!!!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Just to clarify, I have slowly grown to love Goodwin and will be sad to see him leave at the end of the year.

I know this is a bit out of left field, but I think he could be the solution to one of our biggest problems at the moment.

IMHO Sutto is no longer a half, and with the brilliant young second rowers we have coming through I believe this needs to be his last season.

I believe we are at our most dangerous with Cody at 6. AJ is most dangerous on the wing. Our million dollar fullback is currently on the sideline. Our other options are thin.

I believe in his present form we should give Goodwin a crack at the No.1 spot. Like a lot of players he is a confidence player, and at the moment he is full of vigour and backing himself in both attack and defence, and making the right calls.

I reckon givre him a crack.
Goodwin is not one our biggest problems!!!!!

If other players had the courage he has we'd be winning football games.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Goodwin is not one our biggest problems!!!!!

If other players had the courage he has we'd be winning football games.

Goodwin and gray are average NRL centres. Manu and Mitchell schooled them both last night. The worst part is the fact that they couldn't do the same. Whether that's their fault or our halfbacks fault I don't know but Goodwin and gray failed to make an impact that game. Goodwins try was a piece of brilliance but he was quiet for most of the game.

callmack1

Staff member
Goodwin and gray are average NRL centres. Manu and Mitchell schooled them both last night. The worst part is the fact that they couldn't do the same. Whether that's their fault or our halfbacks fault I don't know but Goodwin and gray failed to make an impact that game. Goodwins try was a piece of brilliance but he was quiet for most of the game.
Yea I tend to agree. Gray hasn't really impressed me this year like he did late last year. Needs to lift.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I still think Goodwin put in much more effort than Gray did.

Hunt isn't an attacking centre either in offence.

alien

Referee
Even though Gray is a bit quicker than Goodwin, Goodwin looks like he has more of a chance beating the opposition centre if there is nothing on because he has a nice step. To be a good first grade centre, you need good footwork with some speed, or to have some size. Gray doesn't seem to have good footwork and he isn't that big. I think he is better on the wing where he can take advantage of the opportunities/over laps created by his inside men. Gray is decent under the high ball too. Move Gray to right wing, and have Burns or Fuimaono at right centre until Hymel Hunt comes back.

Last edited:

Latest posts