What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

A lot of John Lee bashing on here. But he was the person who done the Sam Burgess deal. Also signed coom.

I wonder if Richardson had been at the club when Sam was coming back if things would have turned out a lot different.
Should have signed Cook instead of Coom, and retained McInnes!!!!!

Fecchin Lee!!!!!

SaraSassypants

Juniors
A lot of John Lee bashing on here. But he was the person who done the Sam Burgess deal. Also signed coom.

I wonder if Richardson had been at the club when Sam was coming back if things would have turned out a lot different.
Sam Burgess would have come back to Souths regardless of the CEO. John Lee deserves no credit for that.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Sam Burgess would have come back to Souths regardless of the CEO. John Lee deserves no credit for that.

Would he?

Probably, but i don't think he would of negotiated it as badly as it was done.

Yet the usual suspects keep saying it was a great deal, we had to do it at all costs, yet the same usual suspects also say everything Lee touched turned to crap.

Just observations

SaraSassypants

Juniors
Would he?

Probably, but i don't think he would of negotiated it as badly as it was done.

Yet the usual suspects keep saying it was a great deal, we had to do it at all costs, yet the same usual suspects also say everything Lee touched turned to crap.

Just observations
I don't think I understand what you're trying to say here. Are you saying he did the deal badly but was great in getting Sam here? Not trying to be difficult I think I'm misreading your point though. Did you like or dislike John Lee?

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Where is this info coming from? Source pls or assumption who will play centre? For them? Id love to have him but dont hold much hope

Just a internet source so don't know how reliable this is. But the fact of the matter is that their backline next year will be

1. Tedesco
2. Tupou
3. Joseph Manu
4. Ferguson
5. Gordon

I guess Mitchell could get a spot over manu but I don't think the roosters will be too keen on letting that kid relish in reserve grade? He is a star.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I don't think I understand what you're trying to say here. Are you saying he did the deal badly but was great in getting Sam here? Not trying to be difficult I think I'm misreading your point though. Did you like or dislike John Lee?

I like Diego's opinions a lot of the time but he's not the biggest fan of Sam Burgess and the pay rate he demands. One thing I simply do not agree with!

DiegoNT

First Grade

I'm not one way or another on John Lee. I'm not privy to the inner workings of the club and don't have any insiders in the club like some in here claim.

I've always been critical of the way we got Sam back. The 'sam at all costs' approach we took to get sam is still having an effect. John Lee was the man behind that. So many in here will never criticise that process yet they criticise (probably quite rightly) every other thing John Lee done at the club.

SaraSassypants

Juniors
I'm not one way or another on John Lee. I'm not privy to the inner workings of the club and don't have any insiders in the club like some in here claim.

I've always been critical of the way we got Sam back. The 'sam at all costs' approach we took to get sam is still having an effect. John Lee was the man behind that. So many in here will never criticise that process yet they criticise (probably quite rightly) every other thing John Lee done at the club.
Sam Burgess was going to be brought back on the wage he was originally on before he left the club. It was in the vicinity of 500k per season. The NRL would not allow that. The NRL set Sam Burgess' figure in the end. Not Souths.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Sam Burgess was going to be brought back on the wage he was originally on before he left the club. It was in the vicinity of 500k per season. The NRL would not allow that. The NRL set Sam Burgess' figure in the end. Not Souths.

So i wonder if Richardson would have had the balls to say, sorry Sam you've left it to late, we can't fit you in without totally gutting the squad. Have a year in the super league while we try make room for you in the cap.

alien

Referee
Sam probably should have played a year in Super League before he came back to Souths so we wouldn't have had to pay players to play elsewhere, but that was only last year.

SaraSassypants

Juniors
It is what it is. What's the point of debating it now? Sam is back = good. John Lee is gone = good. Dylan Walker will be back one day.

southsport

First Grade
It is what it is. What's the point of debating it now? Sam is back = good. John Lee is gone = good. Dylan Walker will be back one day.

Is it 100% that Dylan will be back though?

Souths would have an awesome backline if we had all our juniours back.

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
You'd think the NRL has to put a price on Brown when he signs his next contract too!!!