What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 19 v Cowboys

Rabbits20

Immortal
Against the Cows, If Cook does a UTurn or impersonate a car going around a round about every time he is 2m away from the Cow's defense line, then it's time for him to go either to the Bears or find another club.
You're being far too harsh on him!!!!

CAFPOW

Juniors
You're being far too harsh on him!!!!

Fine, he can stay at the Bears. But for Pete's sake. He's a fine player, he makes a break or half a break only when he has the cahoonas to take on the line. But doing UTurns 2m from the opposition line is not going to help his team.

Clark is also an example of how not to help your team. He went back to his old ways of not taking on the line. Against the Roosters. He caught the ball from a drop out, run for a bit and stopped and looked around for George. With him stopping looking around for George, he could have gained about 15m if he only had the guts taking on the line. Hesitation I'm sure contributed to our loss.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Fine, he can stay at the Bears. But for Pete's sake. He's a fine player, he makes a break or half a break only when he has the cahoonas to take on the line. But doing UTurns 2m from the opposition line is not going to help his team.

Clark is also an example of how not to help your team. He went back to his old ways of not taking on the line. Against the Roosters. He caught the ball from a drop out, run for a bit and stopped and looked around for George. With him stopping looking around for George, he could have gained about 15m if he only had the guts taking on the line. Hesitation I'm sure contributed to our loss.
I haven't seen him do any u turns..........

I've seen him get on the front foot......

greg jay

Juniors
Is Hunt Fit yet?

1. AJ
2. Gray
3. Goodwin
4. Hunt/Jennings
5. Burns
6. Walker
7. Reynolds
8. Clark
9. Farah
10. Tom
11. Chricton
12. Sutton
13. Sam

14. Fui
15. Turner
16. Musgrove
17. George.

After 20 replace tom with Musgrove
After 25 replace clark with Turner
After 30 replace Sam with George.

After Halftime.
After 50, replace musgrove with Sam
Around 50 replace Sutton with Fui
After 55 replace george with Clark
After 60 replace Turner with Tom.

Keep 1 interchange up our sleeve. Defending on the circumstances put George, Musgrove or Sutton back on.

If their are injuries early you adapt. Sam's rest probably doesn't happen so George comes on for a prop. Theirs also concussion tests that occasionally pops up.
Hunt SHOULD be playing here! There is little for him to fear. A cracked THUMB does NOT require two moths leave!!! Its the dopey trainers who keep him sidelined.

greg jay

Juniors
I'd keep COOKIE in the team for his comedy value.

Really--he breaks me up--I laugh[often very loudly] watching him play!!!!

Robbie is well past his best but Cook still is not qualified to lace up Robbie's boots!

I can't for the life of me comprehend how he is still in the team---or even considered for selection for that matter!!!

I can only assume that it is for the COMEDY!

Gotta get SOME pleasure out of this "mogadonish" game somehow so why not throw in a few comedians for a run & a belly laugh for the spectators!!
Maguire Crowe et al have MISHANDLED young Cook. By bringing in a retread i.e "Oh me mother ....me mother.....sob sob..... Farah" they have destroyed Cook's positive progression by making him a back up gimmick player. Yet at the end of last season Cook ended with a 4-1 record as a STARTER and that really should have been 5-0. That is very good from so what did idiot Crowe and idiot Maguire do?? Go sign "oh me mother.... me mother sob sob...... Farah". Farah has proven in the past 5 seasons one thing: he is a LOSER - with Balmain The Crisps and NSW - and teams do NOT succeed with him. End of narrative.

Travitoh

First Grade
Hunt SHOULD be playing here! There is little for him to fear. A cracked THUMB does NOT require two moths leave!!! Its the dopey trainers who keep him sidelined.

Have you ever played footy with a fractured thumb? Because i have and now as a result i don't have the strength in it that i should when i try to grip things. I have to strap it to the point that it can't move when i play footy because any knock to it and it just blows up and won't grip a footy.
If i had my time again, i would've sat out the month or so required as there is more to life than being a hero on the footy field.
Our season is over so why should he risk permanent damage to it?

DiegoNT

First Grade
Have you ever played footy with a fractured thumb? Because i have and now as a result i don't have the strength in it that i should when i try to grip things. I have to strap it to the point that it can't move when i play footy because any knock to it and it just blows up and won't grip a footy.
If i had my time again, i would've sat out the month or so required as there is more to life than being a hero on the footy field.

But Ermett Wazzat of the Philidelphia Dilly-Dallers played 100 games with a broken thumb just fine. Sure he didn't have to catch a ball, or pass, or tackle and was under 10 kilos of padding, but it's exactly the same thing. The Crisps trainers just don't know

Souths Till I Die

First Grade

I did the same thing with my index finger making a tackle. It's dislocated and I never popped it back into place so it's f**ked now.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
Here goes alien just for the sake of it:

1. Cody (we need more)
2. AJ
3. Gray (we need more) .........dud
4. Goodwin
5. Burns (we need more).........dud
6. Sutton (we need more)........1 more year left in 2018 id say
7. Reynolds (we need more)
8. Tom (we need more)
9. Cook
10. Musgrove (we need more)
11. Fuimaono
12. Crichton
13. Sam

14. Farah................................going ok need his experience
15. Clark (we need more)
16. Murray...............................look good in a bears jumper
17. George (we need more)

18. Cherrington...........................dud go back to the redcliffe dolphins
19. Turner...................................go away fug off ya dud
20. Tyrrell....................................souths cares here i come next year:p
21. Gosiewsksi............................mullumbimby dud

Shadow...

Rabbits20

Immortal
I can't really argue with any of that Shadow!!!!!!

Lets see how the individuals perform this Sunday and who lifts and who lets us down!!!!!

alien

Referee
Maguire Crowe et al have MISHANDLED young Cook. By bringing in a retread i.e "Oh me mother ....me mother.....sob sob..... Farah" they have destroyed Cook's positive progression by making him a back up gimmick player. Yet at the end of last season Cook ended with a 4-1 record as a STARTER and that really should have been 5-0. That is very good from so what did idiot Crowe and idiot Maguire do?? Go sign "oh me mother.... me mother sob sob...... Farah". Farah has proven in the past 5 seasons one thing: he is a LOSER - with Balmain The Crisps and NSW - and teams do NOT succeed with him. End of narrative.

So you're using his deceased mother against him??? I have been critical of him in the past, but you're f**ked!