What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Andrew Johns picks Brad Fittler to take Laurie Daley job, would consider assistant role

Nightward

Juniors
lol ok m8

It takes a fair bit of bottle to admit you dont think you are up to it. We all know his struggles with dealing with the pressure of expectation as a player and im sure hed be looking to avoid anything likely to trigger old behaviors. The bloke absolutely bleeds sky blue and wants whats best for the team.

Call him a coward if you wish but imo you are well wide of the mark

This.

I kind of think NSW have reached the point where they need someone to put a broom through the place the way Bennett did in '01, but the problem they have is the same Queensland had back then: there are very few people with the political capital and proven track record to pull that off. I believe Johns and Gould are the only two NSW have who would be allowed to re-structure the Origin side of things.

However good Johns is as a halves coach and however correct his analysis of what ails NSW is, he is unproven in the top job and knows what it would take from his time in the system. If he judges he doesn't have the wherewithal to do so I can't really blame him. Especially since it would take time for any re-organisation to bear fruit.

Somebody needs to do it and Johns needs to be involved on some level even if just as a figure of inspiration, but if he knows he can't handle the top job it's better for all involved that he doesn't.

Shorty

Staff member
Yeah I can completely see why Joey has said no after the press and opinions in the last week.
Daley is being completely trashed in the media, I was only pre teen/teenage in 2000s but did Queensland media personalities have this sort of attitude?
I think it's fine to have opinions but to rubbish in the media, like Gus has, seems wrong to me.
I've said before you have a lot of divas in the NSW side, it wouldn't be easy trying to manage these guys.

King hit

Coach
Yeah I can completely see why Joey has said no after the press and opinions in the last week.
Daley is being completely trashed in the media, I was only pre teen/teenage in 2000s but did Queensland media personalities have this sort of attitude?
I think it's fine to have opinions but to rubbish in the media, like Gus has, seems wrong to me.
I've said before you have a lot of divas in the NSW side, it wouldn't be easy trying to manage these guys.

Yes QLD media personalities and ex players had exactly the same attitude. Can easily remember the calls to sack Lockyer.

Shorty

Staff member
Yes QLD media personalities and ex players had exactly the same attitude. Can easily remember the calls to sack Lockyer.
That's a player, I mean the coach and publicly criticizing like Laurie has.

King hit

Coach
Usher in another glorious era for QLD. 10 in a row this time.

Yes please
Fittler is a myth piss fan so a few more years of piss will be welcomed by us QLDers

fitler lol

giphy.gif

Brad_Fittler_AAP.jpg

AAE87Yu.img