What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team vs Cows

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Couldn't see a team list thread for this week. Here is the team.

Lino named to start at #7

VODAFONE WARRIORS

1 ROGER TUIVASA-SHECK (c)

2 DAVID FUSITU’A

3 BLAKE AYSHFORD

4 SOLOMONE KATA

5 KEN MAUMALO

6 KIERAN FORAN

7 MASON LINO

8 JACOB LILLYMAN

9 ISSAC LUKE

10 BEN MATULINO

11 BODENE THOMPSON

12 BUNTY AFOA

13 SIMON MANNERING

Interchange:

14 MAFOA’AEATA HINGANO

15 SAM LISONE

16 JAMES GAVET

17 LIGI SAO

18 JAZZ TEVAGA

20 CHRIS SATAE

21 ISAIAH PAPALI’I

22 CHARNZE NICOLL-KLOKSTAD

HEAD COACH | STEPHEN KEARNEY

http://www.warriors.kiwi/news/2017/07/18/_team_lino_named_to_.html

JJ

Immortal
Wow - how many slapdowns does Hingano need? Are we missing something?

BLN2

Juniors
Wow - how many slapdowns does Hingano need? Are we missing something?

What has he done to lock the No 7 position? Not much IMO, hasn't shown he can control a game at all.

I've always thought Lino was the back up 7, and Hingano the back up 6. If Foran was un injured, I'd play him there like he did at the Eels though.

Lino has 2 games I reckon to show he can foot it in the NRL.

WithTheDawn

Juniors
Happy enough to see Lino given another go - he's a class player. Haven't quite seen Ata control the game enough when he has played.

I can't believe the team is otherwise the same though. After that rubbish performance, and with the season now essentially dead anyway, you might as well blood a few new players. At least give players like CNK some game time. Not really sure what our long term plan is sticking with pretty much the same mob.

JJ

Immortal
Ok can accept Lino over Ata although the latter has been dicked around something chronic

No accountability anywhere else though, it's pathetic same shit all year and CNK is the only one ever dropped, I'm disillusioned

Big Marn

Juniors
SK when talking on Radio Sport after team named, said the reason Ata was on the bench was because he had versatility and Lino didnt. So he had to start Lino. Ata can cover more positions..So Lino gets to start cause he can only cover halfback...

And he was ducking and weaving all the interesting questions about the Warriors. The more i hear him speak the more i think we rolled craps again.

vvvrulz

Coach
Wow, Kens going to have to kill SK family or something to get dropped from the team!
CNK should be on there after that performance.

It's not just that (but you're dead right), it's that with Carter inside him you automatically know that Ken won't be given anything on the wing, an area he is admittedly getting better at. Carter goes, Ken suddenly scores tries.

Instead we'll have to endure more of his 'defence' along with the regular hitups.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
SK when talking on Radio Sport after team named, said the reason Ata was on the bench was because he had versatility and Lino didnt. So he had to start Lino. Ata can cover more positions..So Lino gets to start cause he can only cover halfback...

And he was ducking and weaving all the interesting questions about the Warriors. The more i hear him speak the more i think we rolled craps again.

Yeah, because you can never change a player's position once the game starts? That's a BS reason. If Ata was the best option, he'd start. SK decided clearly he isn't (course I'm not going at you here, just what he said).

Hardly the inspirational orator, our SK is he. Can anyone name a successful coach, practically in any sport, who was as average a speaker as him? None come to me.

JJ

Immortal
What has he done to lock the No 7 position? Not much IMO, hasn't shown he can control a game at all.

I
Johnson hasn't shown he can control a game either. And there's a huge difference between 1st grade and reserves