What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Without Vave we may have lost to the Tigers. He really stood up in the game providing power AND defence.
Tedesco's try came through a gap Vave was too lazy to fill. Stop with this everyone-is-better-than-Mannah-at-everything bullshit.
Admittedly Alvaro is better BUT really, tell me one other team or teams that would clamour for him. That is usually a good gauge on how good a player is.
Do you mean fans or coaches? Because one group has a much better idea than the other.

El Diablo

Post Whore
pooman.jpg

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Unfortunately they are probably at least 2 years away. Finally there appears to be some return on the $1m a year we spend on juniors which in the past have mainly ended up at other clubs.
That's alright. Our squad is pretty much settled through to 2019.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Been saying this for some time but various people think a defensive forward is better than an attacking one.
Not better, just more essential. As in, a squad needs more of them.

Don't believe me? Look at how a pack's minutes and tackles are distributed and then look at the distribution of runs. The data is there. It doesn't take a PhD to draw inferences from it.

Bazal

Post Whore
Now lets look at above, haven't you rated Mannah better in defence than Vave and Matagi and Fritchard?
Because if you haven't please explain it to me.

And how does that mean I believe Mannah is a better PLAYER than any of them?

Seeing as you're slower than a paraplegic snail, how about you read it again and see if you get it this time.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
According to the Pooman dude, his sponsorship transfers to the new player who wears number 2.
I just did some very quick research and you're not full of shit.

Gower is sponsored by 1800 Pooman in jersey 18 (probably due to the 18 at the start of the company name/phone number) but when he was in jersey 14 the sponsor was Beaini Projects.

hindy111

Post Whore
Tedesco's try came through a gap Vave was too lazy to fill. Stop with this everyone-is-better-than-Mannah-at-everything bullshit.

Do you mean fans or coaches? Because one group has a much better idea than the other.

Woods never should of been allowed to get that offload away.
Norman also hesitated before chasing Tedesco thinking he was covered only to start to run a second after and miss an ankle tap by cm.....If he took off straight away he gets him.

None of our 4 props are starting calibre. All offer something different but none are great.
I hope Meehan and Evans come good.

caylo

Bench
Woods never should of been allowed to get that offload away.
Norman also hesitated before chasing Tedesco thinking he was covered only to start to run a second after and miss an ankle tap by cm.....If he took off straight away he gets him.

None of our 4 props are starting calibre. All offer something different but none are great.
I hope Meehan and Evans come good.
Agree but Pou is right if Vave is pushing up on the inside to closw the gap teddy doesnt get through.
A similar break happened in the second half and brown made a great legs tackle.
We played poorly in many facets, we created a lot of chances and had our passes stuck we win by 20+ but we kept letting them back in with our poor handling and our middle 1/3 defense qas avg at best.
Our attitude needs to improve 100% to be a chance of beating brisbane

Glenneel

Bench
Glenn only likes big sweaty men. I think if you were to ask him his favourite forward pack it would be the dogs and Canberra.
I like about 2 players in the Dogs pack and Kasiano wasn't one of them, too big and lazy, same with Canberra, nearly all are too fat, Paulo playing about 10kg heavier than when at Parra. But if you want to nitpick and take the shit out of me than ok, just means someone else isn't being picked on. I make a statement and you and others extrapolate it out to something completely different.

I've simply made a statement that there are players much better than Mannah and Alvaro but some on here don't believe it. Lets see how we go against Broncos, another pack that struggles against the bigger packs also.