What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Judiciary & Match Review

King hit

Coach
I saw the footage today and Solialia will be rubbed out for at least a few weeks. Wasn't the worst I've seen but it was still late and high and he could've easily pulled out of it.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...e/news-story/918450e356ee2a0b2ea1d2e263d3c7d4

So archer consulted directly with a member of the MRC, knowing his statement would in fact be prejudicial AND as per the article according to Nrl guidelines officials are prohibited from making statements about incidents on report

So we have the head of officiating circumventing League guidelines in releasing a statement about an reported incident WITH the consulting of the panel that is set to determine the the charge

That's basically the definition of prejudicial mate

Archer has made a right f**king merkin of himself over this and should be sacked.

As stated above, none of this was required. Everyone with two eyes that aren't green could see what happened here and that the officials erred in not sending Sia off and a hefty stint on the sidelines was coming

What archer did was inappropriate, unprofessional and as it turns out, in complete contradiction to nrl guidelines

I can't read the article you've linked as it needs subscription - can you post it?

You're making assumptions about Archer's motive though, and again, he didn't make any comment on the incident other than that the MRC would review. He made specific comment about the actions of his refs which is not prejudicial - it's his job. Show me NRL guidelines that state officials are prohibited about making statements about their own officials actions and I'll gladly change my stance, but IMO you're still missing the distinction between his comments about the refs performance and his comments regarding the incident. His comments regarding the refs performance contained his opinion, his comments about the incident stipulated that the MRC would review and that he is not offering an opinion.

King hit

Coach
It was very funny yesterday seeing the Courier mail have a big cry about how the perfect Slater was hit by someone. While totally ignoring his long history of foul play.

STORM.99/07

Bench
Soliola should be exonerated without facing the judiciary due to Tony Archer influencing and damaging the integrity of the process.

The following morning Archer should be sacked.
How is Archer influencing and damaging the intregrity of the process by coming out and admitting what we all thought. Siaswingingarm should have been sent off for that late hit on Billy

nick87

Coach
Sia's comments after the hearing again showcase what a quality person he is. Total class act

no name

Coach
Sounds about right.
No one will ever get sent off again after this, Tapau's shot last year and Inu's spear on Inglis a few years ago.