What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 21 v Broncos: Game Day Thread

Chipmunk

Coach
Commentators were thinking the obstruction call was for Norman running behind a player when in fact it was Takairangi not getting on the inside shoulder. Correct call.

I think they probably could've got us for either. Fair penalty for mine.

I expected your comment was serious. It didn't seem like a humourous comment.

Anyway, if it works then we should keep doing it.

Mark the post down...it could just be a deliberate tactic that gets us over the top of some decent teams.
I'm always serious. ;)

But seriously, I think our reluctance to do it is part of the reason why we've been struggling in that area and all the calls for a bigger pack. We haven't been pushing the limits enough.

Dibs

Bench
After the crap we dealt up last week to narrow beat a shit team, and the first 10 minutes of this game, and without Gutherson... that grinding win is a season-changing, turning-point performance.

Well done BA and all 17 players - I'm convinced we can win a final or two!
Including Mannah?

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
42 tackles (one missed) in 46 minutes.

King made 36 with four missed in 80 minutes.

King was good in attack, but watching tonight (and I could be wrong), Pritchard/IDG regularly make the initial contact which may lead to a few miss tackles but does enough to slow the attacker. Additionally they are the first with line speed.

But with king, he doesn't lead the line speed and normally is the 2nd or 3rd defender in, going around the legs.

Really just depends on what BA wants in a hooker.

hindy111

Post Whore
I watched Alvaro closely, what i noticed is he also slows players down when a tackle is made he always last one off which is good for us.. He made 3 tackles that if missed become a line break. I bag this guy a lot. Tonight he impressed me. His leg speed was better to.