What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nigel wood's salary

roughyedspud

Coach
Big Nigel's salary has been "revealed".... £314,000

To put that into context only the 12 SL clubs and the top 2 in the championship receive more money from the RFL than Nigel,they give him more than the rest of the championship & all of league one..

In league table form it's..

12 SL clubs - £1.8m
1st & 2nd championship - £550-500k
NIGEL WOOD - £314k
3rd to 12th championship - £200-150k
all of league one - £75k

god knows how much Roger draper & Ralph Rimmer are on??? Bet it's well over £100k

Storm13

Juniors
At first glance I was thinking "fair enough." But then realised it was pounds...
So over half a million in Australian dollars. Would be fine with that wage if SL was doing a little bit better than what they currently are at.

Perth Red

Post Whore
50million pound business, that would be about right for its CEO. Now if he is earning it is another question!

roughyedspud

Coach
Not got a problem with it being a £250,000+ job...but like you said...does he earn it? The answer is a resounding NO

I'd say a good 75% of the issues we have in RL comes out of the RFL..stuff like London,salford getting no crowds,Bradford being on its arse etc are "club issues"....but participation numbers dropping through the floor, constant speculation about structures,event venues,no coherent strategy around junior/reserves,a TV deal that effectively blackouts the championship & league ,sky own the rights and choose not to show games!

Under Nigel wood the game has gone backwards 30-40 years

DlEHARD

Juniors
Thats disgraceful, the game has been sent back to the dark ages. I remember when I was so very excited for our game under Richard Lewis.

Compared to the clowns we have running the game here in Australia Nigel Wood looks a genius,but that probably says more about the incompetent fools we have running Australia Rugby League that Nigel Woods ability, but still food for thought.