What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Semi Radradra

Gronk

Staff member
For the amount of money he would be getting, yeah why not.

I actually think that him getting married is bad for us. So much for my theory that Semi would get lonely over there. Now he's going on a 2 year honeymoon on $1m in the hand.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I don't think it does. An hour's flight is as much of a f**karound as a six hour flight. A 20 hour flight is obviously more of a f**karound but easily worth an extra couple hundred grand a year salary.

The club would have to supportive of it!!

A 20 flight would mean missing 3-4 days just to make it worth while. Also not sure playing after a 20 hour would be to good to the performance.

As opposed to a 4 hr flight and a supportive club.

Gronk

Staff member
I don't think it does. An hour's flight is as much of a f**karound as a six hour flight. A 20 hour flight is obviously more of a f**karound but easily worth an extra couple hundred grand a year salary.
It's actually more like 30 -36 hours. You have to fly to asia or qld and then link with a fiji air or virgin flight.

emjaycee

Coach
It's actually more like 30 -36 hours. You have to fly to asia or qld and then link with a fiji air or virgin flight.
You could fly Paris to West Coast USA in 12 and then West Coast to Nadi in another 11 or so.

#planesflybothways

Gronk

Staff member
You could fly Paris to West Coast USA in 12 and then West Coast to Nadi in another 11 or so.

#planesflybothways

Toulon is in the south of france. 90 min flight before you link with international flight anywhere.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I still don't see him giving up half a million dollars just so he can get to Fiji quicker. If he liked Fiji that much he would f**king stay there.

IFR33K

Coach
I still don't see him giving up half a million dollars just so he can get to Fiji quicker. If he liked Fiji that much he would f**king stay there.

The cultural difference between Australia and France, compounded with the travel time to Fiji may play a huge role in wether he stays or returns. He hasn't even left yet, so he may not like it. At least he's already had a taste of Australia and knows exactly what to expect.

eels_fan

First Grade
Whilst I don't have any interest in RU or follow it in any way, a few of my mates do, and a couple follow the French league quite closely.

Apparently the chatter on the French RU forums is that Semi is a long way from a certain starter over there, as the club he's signed with (again, no idea as not interested) have recently made further strong signings in Semi's position. Even some speculation he may never end up over there.

They appear very cutthroat over there, Barba went over on big dollars, couldn't make the top team and has his contract cut up.

Will Semi be happy in a foreign country when he doesn't understand or speak the language, 30+ hours from family & home and potentially not even playing football with a risk of just being cut? Maybe he won't end up over there after all...

phantom eel

First Grade
Will Semi be happy in a foreign country when he doesn't understand or speak the language, 30+ hours from family & home and potentially not even playing football with a risk of just being cut?
It's amazing how much unhappiness some greedy merkins will put up with, in return for a mega-bucks deal!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Whilst I don't have any interest in RU or follow it in any way, a few of my mates do, and a couple follow the French league quite closely.

Apparently the chatter on the French RU forums is that Semi is a long way from a certain starter over there, as the club he's signed with (again, no idea as not interested) have recently made further strong signings in Semi's position. Even some speculation he may never end up over there.

They appear very cutthroat over there, Barba went over on big dollars, couldn't make the top team and has his contract cut up.

Will Semi be happy in a foreign country when he doesn't understand or speak the language, 30+ hours from family & home and potentially not even playing football with a risk of just being cut? Maybe he won't end up over there after all...
Mate he'll be the first player picked.

Bazal

Post Whore
Mate he'll be the first player picked.

Realistically right now he's at best their 4th choice winger behind Habana, Ashton, and Pietersen. And behind Fekitoa at outside centre.

That might change but if it doesn't they'll cut him loose as quick as they did Barba. NRL clubs can only dream about the money involved in this game, but Toulon won't pay a bloke big bucks to sit on the bench for 76mins every week.

strider

Post Whore
If they cut him he will probably take his sizable payout and go get another sizable salary in japan ... much closer to fiji too

Latest posts