What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
They should have a lot of money.to spend in 2019 and as long as Foran and Woods work out they should be fine.
Woods is fail safe id say. He is a good forward.
Foran has been up and down. Has played some great games for the warriors but most been average. He is 27. By time dogs re build he will be 28/29 with a few good years left of injuries stay away.

Gronk

Staff member
Eastwood playing reggies means that he still collects his $800k and can go even harder on the pies.

upload_2017-8-10_9-29-43.jpeg

Incorrect

Coach
I'm told Eastwood is prepared to play reserve grade next year.. he's standing his ground and who can blame him.

the dogs are in a real pickle.
He'll be busting a gut to be reserve grade quality by March next year I reckon - might be playing Ron Massey Cup or Sydney Shield at best!

Tommy Coco

Juniors
I'm not doubting the salary cap pressure reported at the dogs but some of the detail is fairly far fetched. To think that quality? operators Hassler and Co have valued Eastwood higher than 500K in any year including next is very hard to believe. Considering that his last year he is 31, it is pretty unrealistic that he needs to receive his highest wage in the last year or that is is in the vicinity of 750K

Bazal

Post Whore
Yeah who the shit gave Eastwood that money?? Even at his absolute best he was worth about two thirds of that at a stretch...his deal alone should be grounds to sack someone ffs.

hybrideel

Bench
Didn't the NRL put a stop to the heavily backended contracts ages ago. How do the bulldogs still have so many on them

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Didn't the NRL put a stop to the heavily backended contracts ages ago. How do the bulldogs still have so many on them
Backended isn't the same as heavily backended. They probably put a stop to salaries like this:

year 1: $100k
year 2: $600k
year 3: $1M

Whereas this could be pretty standard, IMO:

year 1: $400k
year 3: $800k

84 Baby

Referee
I find it unlikely the NRL would be rubber stamping any contracts given they haven't even reached CBA agreement

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
But to have a legally binding contract the NRL don't need to be involved do they? Otherwise teams would (probably) never end up over the cap.

hybrideel

Bench
Backended isn't the same as heavily backended. They probably put a stop to salaries like this:

yeah but for Eastwood to be getting $800K next year he couldn't possibly be on over $3.50 for each of the other years of the contract

Tommy Coco

Juniors

Isnt option two ridiculous increments also + 50% + 33% ? I would've thought that these are considered heavily backended. Imagine earning 11K per week and then the next year earning 15K, who the heck thinks a 4K jump is not life changing...

EelsFan05

Bench
But to have a legally binding contract the NRL don't need to be involved do they? Otherwise teams would (probably) never end up over the cap.
Was this tested with Hoppa's last contract? I can't remember whether it was found to be legally binding or not if it wasn't registered with the NRL.

Latest posts