What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The sad demise of Ronnie Coleman

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Haha that got a chuckle out of me.

Lets remember that the mass monsters that have dominated the pro bb scene are freakish beyond words. Coleman took all the steroids but he also lifted unusually heavy for a bb. He was essentially moving powerlifter weight he also must have been doing the stupidly long reps that roiding allows blokes to recover from on top of it.

Its amazing to me that very few Olympia winners have died. Pro wrestlers have a life expectancy of about 40 but pro bbs seem to do alright. So obviously steroid abuse isnt a death sentence

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Its amazing to me that very few Olympia winners have died. Pro wrestlers have a life expectancy of about 40 but pro bbs seem to do alright. So obviously steroid abuse isnt a death sentence

Wrestlers seem to live a lifestyle thats equal parts bodybuilding and rock 'n roll, so they're combining training and roids with cocaine and booze... not a good combo. Pro bodybuilders are extremely disciplined and clean living aside from the steroid use.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Painkiller abuse too.

I watch a ridiculous youtube series by rich pianna every so often just because hes a very strange human and hes pretty upfront about the risks he is taking on to get such a mass monster body.

He told a story of a guy he knew who ended up in a coma from insulin abuse. How the guy just heard it was the current drug of choice and just shot it up without researching what he was doing and ended up basically dead in a couple of hours. I am certainly not going to judge folks for using peds out of competitive sports but put a bit of thought into it.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Yeah its very sad.

Its a rough business. It really is. She got chewed out by the industry and her life spiraled out of control

Exsilium

First Grade
It was difficult to watch. Success will drive people to extraordinary lengths and body building, wrestling and sports like the UFC will have people paying for it later.

I've known of people who have been so addicted to the lifestyle that when its too late they realise the damage that's been done.

Aragorn

First Grade
I follow big Ronnie on Instagram. I knew he had surgery last year and by all accounts he's doing well - a lot of his posts have him hitting the weights again.. you would think he would slow it down although endorsing and selling a number of sport "nutrients" means you need to be seen pumping weights.