What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
If he would take $500k to play in the centres, I'd take him. With some stringent behavioural clauses in his contract.

But any talks of him returning are fallacies, the bloke has far to big an ego and far too big pockets to accept less than $1m a year. He won't get that anywhere other than the Tits, and nor should he

Id happily throw 700k. He is worth that. Bevan onto wing with Gutherson centres.

But BA wont go down that road.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
A

a mate tried telling me that because of Brooke's , he was the reason tigers won today and Moses was the reason we lost to the knights.
More or less told him to go look in the mirror n give urself an uppercut for both statements
Brooks had a better game than did Moses, but Brooks was playing against a much worse defensive performance than we did.

Compare them over the season, not just one game against different opposition.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If he would take $500k to play in the centres, I'd take him. With some stringent behavioural clauses in his contract.

But any talks of him returning are fallacies, the bloke has far to big an ego and far too big pockets to accept less than $1m a year. He won't get that anywhere other than the Tits, and nor should he
Have you seen his defence this year? f**k playing him at centre.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Fair point

I think he would be more involved in attack on the wing as well. His go forward is very good. Plus his ability chasing and defending kicks.

Tommy Coco

Juniors
IMO with a full medical clearance and open honest discussion agreed to by BA and Jarryd, Hayne replacing Semi on Semi's wage for the next 12 months would be a good fit.

Not doubt we paid him the most when he was here but he loved the club too. Forget the dream stuff and the lifetime contract, if the above is a chance, then its on Parra's terms and which is a no lose situation

hindy111

Post Whore
Would Hayne accept 850 - 900k? I think he would. And would the Titans throw in 250-300k to get rid of him? Id say yes.
We may be able to get Hayne for 550-600k for a year.

Id offer a 2 yr deal. People seem to think Gutherson will be back to best. Same knee 2 x ACL. I doubt gets back to form till 2019 and one more knee injury and its career over. Sad

Glenneel

Bench
Or a heavily discounted James Graham would be a great pickup too.
I really think Graham is passed it, he's 32 isn't he? Seems to put very little effort in these days and has forgotten to offload. Already retired but still holding his hand out each payday.

Klemmer is the only Dogs forward I'd go for but even his performance has slipped this year, he has also forgotten how to offload. Bit I'm confident these skills will reappear under BA.

Glenneel

Bench
i guess that means Brisbane have freed up a whole heap of salary cap space and now can afford to sign a bunch of big name players like Klemmer, Woods, Hayne, Semi and Foran
Yes Broncos signed him for $100k apparently but once leaving $1m of cap freed up. Nothing to see here NRL.

Glenneel

Bench
He would still be an awesome winger.
Look the NRL forced the Titans to take him thinking he's still a super star to boost crowds and the Tits appeal to a wider audience. What they got was a bloke thinking he's a super star but providing mostly super shit, disinterested performances. Really why would any club take him, he's a disruptive influence on the coach and the roster. Imo not worth the effort and certainly not the money.

hindy111

Post Whore
Klemmer would be only guy id go for. Or if morris for wing be ok.

Klemmer would cost 750k, not sure we have in cap.

If Mannah is on 400k id tap him on shoulder to squeeze Klemmer in.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Would Hayne accept 850 - 900k? I think he would. And would the Titans throw in 250-300k to get rid of him? Id say yes.
We may be able to get Hayne for 550-600k for a year.

Id offer a 2 yr deal. People seem to think Gutherson will be back to best. Same knee 2 x ACL. I doubt gets back to form till 2019 and one more knee injury and its career over. Sad

Why would we take him for that price, when he's under contract at the Titans?

Get the Titans to fork out $300,000 or $400,000, and we cover the rest - otherwise what's the point?

If the Titans only chip in $200,000, then we are doing them a favour - why on Earth would we do that?

This is a business, after all.

Hypothetically, if we went for Hayne and he only cost us $400,000, and the Titans paid the rest, then great.

Otherwise, it would make no sense.

And no, I don't want him back.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
I would take him IF:

1- 600k or less
2- We actually needed him to fill a hole

I actually think if he came back to Parra (where he claims he has always wanted to be) I think it would switch him on. Tell him forget you are Jarryd Hayne the 29 year old former NFL player... we want the 18 year old kid who came into first grade as a nobody, played on the wing, made strong carries, scored tries, belted blokes and most of all enjoyed his footy.

The ability is still there, I've seen him still produce the goods for the Titans its about getting his mentality right. If BA sat him down and said Jarryd lets be fair dinkum you aren't worth what you were, you have lost your aura and you need to work hard to get it back. Do you want one final chance in the NRL and prove people wrong? or otherwise go chase money in Rugby.. your choice.

Problem is that we straight up don't need another outside back and the halves are sorted. I know Semi is leaving but I thought the wheels were already turning on re-signing him after his contract finishes in August or whatever? I think we have enough young blokes to cover up until then.

I don't was us to sign him just for the sake of it, there has to be a need.

Latest posts