What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulldogs Fire Sale: Can it finish the Dragons roster for 2018?

possm

Coach
With Brett - could or would he come under our cap exemption for players that served longer than 7 years? Assuming Nighty isn't taking the whole 300k.

That would mean Dogs pay some salary.. some under the cap allowance. We could do worse.

In saying that - we have enough outside backs and don't need an injured 30 year old blocking that pathway.
Nightingale and De Belin share the 300k, so 150k each. I'm sure this would have been factored into there contract price so, as they are both signed for 2018, no chance of B Moz being considered.

possm

Coach
Bulldogs

Raiders

Sharks

Roosters

Dragons

Who is the odd one out here ?

Why the faaark are we sitting at the same 'Chinese' table?

Why would we want to give them an out of their current predicament.. faaark the bulldogs and raiders .. let them feel the pinch... I hope it disrupts their plans for years to come...

Put the boot in while you can... because sure as shite they will throw us under the bus when it comes to the inevitable rationalization.

If you don't know who the mark is when you sit down .. it's probably you.
If the Buldogs can't off-load players and so remain over the cap the NRL will fine them, take points off them and not register the new contracts of Woods and Foran

We are just starting to get creativity in the halves and starting to look dangerous so why do we want to put Graham in as the 2nd five eighth and in some cases the primary ball player?
This guy is always looking for the ball in almost every set and continually dies with it or stymies the Dogs attack.
If he does that under Hassler then it stands to reason if he came here it would only become worse.
As I have posted before IMO Gallen and Graham are the very selfish types of players that we definitely don't need.
We need a hard nosed, tough, no frills prop who just gets about his work without too many mistakes.
Having had a look at the props on show in the last 4 or so rounds Campbell Gillard at Penrith has been a standout and would definitely compliment what we already have.
Tagatese is probably available.
Tough ombre who hits like a freight train.
Would fill the void left by Packer easily.

dragon thomo

Juniors
I would take tagatese or tetevano they dont mind hitting the ball up and are off contract. Latu and Paulo are signed for next but that doesnt mean they would not be released.

Stagger Lee

Bench
Graham is the ingredient we lack, particularly with losing Packer, and that is mongrel.

Graham at a knockdown price (dogs picking up nearly half his contract) = yes!
But it has to be cheap and I would give him the on field captaincy.

B. Moz at a very very discounted price (dogs picking up more than half his contract) = yes
Bmoz still has the intelligence and a bit more pace than Nighty.

Graham at a knockdown price (dogs picking up nearly half his contract) = yes!
But it has to be cheap and I would give him the on field captaincy.

B. Moz at a very very discounted price (dogs picking up more than half his contract) = yes
Bmoz still has the intelligence and a bit more pace than Nighty.
Both would be a massive mistake.
Graham gets owned by opposition packs every single game. He is a serial back chatter who rubs the refs up the wrong way. Captain? I would rather have Marketo as captain!
B Moz is a nice idea but we are asking for trouble - injury prone and no where near the blockbusting winger that used to don the famous Red V.
Let's keep away from Canterbury rejects - there is nothing to get excited about there.

Gareth67

First Grade
Both would be a massive mistake.
Graham gets owned by opposition packs every single game. He is a serial back chatter who rubs the refs up the wrong way. Captain? I would rather have Marketo as captain!
B Moz is a nice idea but we are asking for trouble - injury prone and no where near the blockbusting winger that used to don the famous Red V.
Let's keep away from Canterbury rejects - there is nothing to get excited about there.

To a certain point I agree with what you have said in regards to Mr. Graham ( a gentleman's gentlemen :rolling_eyes: ) however I believe that it not so much Graham being owned by the opposition packs , but the entire Bullgrub pack itself . Quite simply , Graham has been putting the effort in , but is not being supported by the rest of his forwards , the bloke has been playing a lone hand . As far as young Jake for captaincy is concerned , may I most politely suggest that you leave the ouzo alone .

PuffGasnier

Juniors
I would take tagatese or tetevano they dont mind hitting the ball up and are off contract. Latu and Paulo are signed for next but that doesnt mean they would not be released.

I understand that we had Packer in the squad and he wasn't the best of blokes off the field, but Tetevano was jailed after a series of attacks on his then girlfriend. The Roosters have welcomed him back after that, but I'd rather the club move away from these kind of players in the game.

He may be an alright player, but is it worth having a perpetrator of domestic violence - one that claimed he would never "return to the toxic environment of the NRL" - in the team just to get more forward pack numbers?

I understand that we had Packer in the squad and he wasn't the best of blokes off the field, but Tetevano was jailed after a series of attacks on his then girlfriend. The Roosters have welcomed him back after that, but I'd rather the club move away from these kind of players in the game.

He may be an alright player, but is it worth having a perpetrator of domestic violence - one that claimed he would never "return to the toxic environment of the NRL" - in the team just to get more forward pack numbers?
Fortunately I don't drink otherwise these last 5 years would have been the end of me.
I'm sure you realize I was only kidding about Jake...
I respect your point of view but Jackson and Klemmer both out perform Graham.
I don't think he is the same player that first came to these shores.
He doesn't bend the line like he used to and his ball playing is telegraphed and no longer worries opposition defenses.
I just think we can do a lot better.

To a certain point I agree with what you have said in regards to Mr. Graham ( a gentleman's gentlemen :rolling_eyes: ) however I believe that it not so much Graham being owned by the opposition packs , but the entire Bullgrub pack itself . Quite simply , Graham has been putting the effort in , but is not being supported by the rest of his forwards , the bloke has been playing a lone hand . As far as young Jake for captaincy is concerned , may I most politely suggest that you leave the ouzo alone .
Fortunately I don't drink otherwise these last 5 years would have been the end of me.
I'm sure you realize I was only kidding about Jake...
I respect your point of view but Jackson and Klemmer both out perform Graham.
I don't think he is the same player that first came to these shores.
He doesn't bend the line like he used to and his ball playing is telegraphed and no longer worries opposition defenses.
I just think we can do a lot better.

Apologies for posting wrong place

Tagatese was rumoured to be heading to Manly they have denied talking to him.

Not sure what has happened with him back he has been relegated to Newtown.

Tenevano was signing a new deal with the Roosters that was the rumour.

Passi is still available but Millward seems to be waiting for some one who that is no idea.

1st & 10

Juniors
Klemmer is the only one i'd take from that rabble. It's highly unlikely they'd let him go though, he's their number 1 priority.

But if we did get him...
8. Klemmer
9. McInnes
10. Vaughan
11. Frizell
12. Thompson
13. De Belin

14. Ah Mau
15. Sims

f**k me that is a ferocious forward pack. ALL of those players have huge motors too.

Klezmer, Jackson. That's it . Sad what has happened to the Morris boys