What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flustered

Flustered

I think that word just about sums up our season.

We look good for periods, then something goes wrong, weather it a dropped ball, an opposition try, but then we get flustered.

So a small misstake turns into two or three mistakes and all of a sudden the opposition has scored two or three tries and we then try to score a try off every tackle and the game is gone.

It's a mental thing they just can't seem to get past.

Ace-STi

Juniors
Was never going to be easy up there, tbh there last try was big forward pass.

Some teams get the bounces etc but we played with all heart tonight and I think against many other teams we score a lot more points.

Bennett always has his teams defence on song and was no different when he coached us.

As soon as something goes against us, its heads down. There is no leadership to spark them back up. Widdop is a woeful captain when it comes to this.

Yup.
It's like we still think it's last year.
Last year we knew, knew, that if any team scored more than two tries we had lost.
This year we can score tries, but we still have that mentality that we are gone after a couple of mistakes.

Geeeeee, I wonder who's job it is to fix the mentality of the players?

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Yup.
It's like we still think it's last year.
Last year we knew, knew, that if any team scored more than two tries we had lost.
This year we can score tries, but we still have that mentality that we are gone after a couple of mistakes.

Geeeeee, I wonder who's job it is to fix the mentality of the players?

Surely not the coaches .............

McGregor couldn't organise a r--t in a brothel.

Saint or sinner

Juniors
We play like scared cats..really is a mentalt thing.widdop doesn't stand up when where down or behind. We are cooked season over long time ago.. Heard on MMM last nite that graham has signed with us.. Stay tuned hope it's true we need mongrel

Crush

Coach
Widdop and Hunt will be great next year IMO. They just need to take the captaincy off him and let him play his game. Others will criticise me for saying Hunt is the solution when in fact the problems run much deeper no doubt but I really think Hunt will make a huge difference.
Losing to rabbits and knights this year is unforgivable. We dont really deserve to be there do we?
Hunt will lift us from mediocre to very hard to beat IMO.

Gareth67

First Grade
Flustered, frustrated & f.ckin over it.....sums up another wasted year as a Dragons fan. 2017 will be remembered as the year the club "could have & should have waived goodbye to McWreckor" instead they took the easy and cheaper solution. Déjà Vu!

I believe that our only hope for any sort of success whilst he is at the helm , is for the C.S.I.R.O. to come up with some type of anti-vaccine , against McWreckititis and have it injected into every Dragon player and also Ben Hunt before he arrives .

Last edited:

dragonssamy61

First Grade
I believe that our only hope for any sort of success whilst he is at the helm , is for the C.S.I.R.O. to come up with some type of anti-vaccine , against McWreckititis and have it injected into every Dragon player and also Ben Hunt before he arrives .

Gareth
They need to learn how to keep the players fresh.
Just like the good teams and coaches do.
Take brisbane for a example they start the well.
Then over the middle part during soo they ease of the hard work at training.
Then built it up again for the last 6 weeks and semis.
I think we go to hard during the off season.
The player are flogged and by half way though we are busted.
Thats why we start the season on fire then burn out.
Imo

Latest posts