What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 25 vs Broncos - Gameday

Djay

Juniors
What a way to kickstart the weekend, I couldn't believe my eyes after 20 minutes, in the first half we looked like we were gonna score every single we had the ball.

We set the tone early with our intent and they could never go with us, Mannah was huge in his first stint, defensively he was everywhere and tightened up the middle extremely well.

Semi is irreplaceable, his gonna be a massive loss no winger has ever influenced games like he does what a player to have carting it out of your own end. Jennings is a gun, he doesn't do much wrong defensively he has to be one of, if not the best centre in the game, he just doesn't miss and every time he has the ball he threatens.

Brown was Brown again, he caused havoc up the guts of the Broncos defense and just kept rolling through them set after set. I thought Edwards as phenomenal also, that pass and play for Jennings first try was brilliant and i think our defense struggled without him when he was off for the HIA.

Awesome win but just shows how great of a coach we have, there was a lot to not be pleased about and some soft tries and ill discipline made the score not look as bad as it should. Norman and Moses are clicking that switch from Moses to Norman for Semi's second try shows we can attack with either half, Moses running down a short side is a sight to behold what an amazing steal his been.

Troops to come back and BA knows there is plenty to fix and work on, we need to stay grounded and keep going but we have showed we can mix it with anyone, our forward pack is a good mix of hard working defensive players with some grinding and classy footballers, this team is getting better and better every week, exciting times ahead, I am just enjoying it at the moment cause it's rare for us Parra fans.

P.S. Walters and everyone else on commentary thought Brisbane were gonna come back the entire game, so sick of the bullshit love affair and no one will pull Boyd up for having a dummy spit and not putting in at all.

ParraSteve

Juniors
I reckon this has been one of Michael Jennings best years ever.

The commentary seemed to deathride us to fail all game, expecting us to choke so while we did leak too many points, twas great to wipe some of those smug smiles from their faces with that effort.

The Broncos and Wayne really don't want to admit we've owned them for 2 full games this year do they?

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
We may run it but we usually go out the back.

I was commenting on your last statement that we rarely see this sort of tactic from the coaching staff at this level. That's quite untrue. There's a lot of set moves that we have up our sleeve that we only use once or twice. We just probably aren't in position to run them constantly which isn't the fault of the coaches.

Stevie

Bench
On a side note, I reckon we run the blind side more than any other side in the comp.
it works a treat for us too.

Kornstar

Coach
I was commenting on your last statement that we rarely see this sort of tactic from the coaching staff at this level. That's quite untrue. There's a lot of set moves that we have up our sleeve that we only use once or twice. We just probably aren't in position to run them constantly which isn't the fault of the coaches.

I don't know, i sometimes see some absolutely astounding plays whether defensive or offensive that we have clearly watched the tape and found a weakness and then a lull for a few weeks.

We need to be better at executing those if we are going to go deep into the finals imo.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Our intensity definitely dropped early in the second half. I'd say the catalyst was at least as much to do with Edwards leaving the field as it was Radradra's length of the field try. I noticed without Edwards our talk and aggression dropped right off.

Moeroa is massively important to our defence as well, not to mention Ma'u. Those three are key players for us.

Kornstar

Coach
Our intensity definitely dropped early in the second half. I'd say the catalyst was at least as much to do with Edwards leaving the field as it was Radradra's length of the field try. I noticed without Edwards our talk and aggression dropped right off.

Moeroa is massively important to our defence as well, not to mention Ma'u. Those three are key players for us.

Didn't we do the same thing last week too? Scored a try after half time and then dropped off?

Eelpout

Juniors
Including last nights game, stats for the season for our forwards.

Siosaia Vave= 10.2 metres per run (463 minutes played)

Tim Mannah= 10.1 metres per run (761 minutes played)

Suaia Matagi= 9.6 metres per run (900 minutes played)

Frank Pritchard= 9.6 metres per run (334 minutes played)

Peni Terepo= 9.4 metres per run (173 minutes played)

Manu Ma’u= 9.3 metres per run (1526 minutes played)

Beau Scott= 9.1 metres per run (628 minutes played)

Daniel Alvaro= 8.8 metres per run (803 minutes played)

Tepai Moeroa= 8.8 metres per run (1118 minutes played)

Nathan Brown= 8.8 metres per run (1496 minutes played)

Kenny Edwards= 8.7 metres per run (995 minutes played)

David Gower= 8.6 metres per run (264 minutes played)

Rory O’Brien= 8.5 metres per run (51 minutes played)

Eelpout

Juniors
Tackle breaks per run is also a useful stat, giving some indication of a player's ability to disrupt the defence.

So would play the ball times, offloads per carry, their positioning upon completion of the tackle and also a stat such as the # of defenders drawn per carry. I think the point I was making is that the coach has most of the squad playing their role to a tee. Less minutes= more energy is expended per hit-up.

Eelpout

Juniors
I suspect BA may drop King for Pritchard.

I don't think he will but we definitely could do with Kaysa off the bench. At King's current rate, if he had played since round one and not missed a game, he would have made 911 tackles (second in the whole competition, good) though missed 86 tackles (fourth in the whole competition, obviously bad). If he could rest for 30 minutes and be replaced by quality in Kaysa, our team will go up another level.

Gronk

Staff member
Kenny Edwards= 8.7 metres per run (995 minutes played)

Obviously based on forward metres only.

crab.png

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
What a shame

In a big blow for the Broncos forward stocks, Korbin Sims will miss the rest of the season.

The front-rower suffered a broken arm during last night’s 52-34 loss to Parramatta at Suncorp Stadium.

“Unfortunately it is not good news on Korbin and the scans have found a fracture,” said the Broncos this morning.

“He will be operated on today and with the six-week recovery required for this injury, which effectively rules him out for the rest of the season.”

https://www.triplem.com.au/sport/nrl/news/broncos-korbin-sims-ruled-out-for-the-season

Gronk

Staff member
What a shame

In a big blow for the Broncos forward stocks, Korbin Sims will miss the rest of the season.

The front-rower suffered a broken arm during last night’s 52-34 loss to Parramatta at Suncorp Stadium.

“Unfortunately it is not good news on Korbin and the scans have found a fracture,” said the Broncos this morning.

“He will be operated on today and with the six-week recovery required for this injury, which effectively rules him out for the rest of the season.”

https://www.triplem.com.au/sport/nrl/news/broncos-korbin-sims-ruled-out-for-the-season
Well Phil Gould did say that Simms better be careful what he wishes for, when he had a broohaha with Matagi. Then he did that big kick return and got crunched.

eel01s

Bench
Matagi certainly knows how to run and hit hard. Not the biggest body but probably one of the most fearless.