What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FO Foran

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Besides Kearney, is Foran this forums scapegoat for everything wrong with our season this year? Really is that it? So by this logic if we get rid of Foran, we will win more games right? FFS wake up and look around.

Was he the only one of the kiwi spine that disappointed us this year? Foran was a hit at a time our halves sucked to high heaven. Forans debut was the only time we had hope. He ended up going missing and not living up to the "Warriors standards" (which is so high). We knew he was coming out of mental and physical problems but we still expected him to "uphold" our winning record, because HE came in and wrecked it right? no, we were losing before that. Had we got Maloney, we still wouldnt have made the 8 IMO.

A failed experiment that deserves his fair share of criticism but anymore is just over the top and does nothing to improve the mess we are still in.

Last edited:

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Tired argument is tired.

You've made your point, let it go.
Fair enough. I just keep hearing 'Foran' but Im after REAL answers. Even in his last game Im hearing he's reponsible for other players mistakes. Hopefully we don't hear his name again.

As long as his name comes up for things he's not really guilty of, then Im going to continue to comment on whether thats fair or not. Same goes for any player.

Blair

Coach
The thread is called "FO Foran", so you're gonna see Foran grief here.

It should go without saying that Foran, being a senior player with a big reputation, will cop more negative attention in a failed side than other players.

He wasn't public enemy number one until late in the season though. Players like Ken and Thompson copped it early.

Kata was a head-shaker pretty much the whole way through.

Last edited:

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
The thread is called "FO Foran", so you're gonna see Foran grief here.
True that but blaming one player for a team that WAS ALREADY f**ked is truly tiresome. Who we do we blame next year? Ata? And then Id probably have to defend that kid as well.

TheDMC

Bench
True that but blaming one player for a team that WAS ALREADY f**ked is truly tiresome. Who we do we blame next year? Ata? And then Id probably have to defend that kid as well.
I think you'll find about 11 players regularly cop the blame.. but only the truly disappointing ones (like foran) are honored with their own thread. Most people had great expectations of foran.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
I think you'll find about 11 players regularly cop the blame.. but only the truly disappointing ones (like foran) are honored with their own thread. Most people had great expectations of foran.
Oh dont get me wrong, I agree Foran has been dissapointing. Its just when people start talking shit that I find annoying. I dont do fantastical, I keep it real. Some people go over the top with their far fetched criticisms of Foran and thats where I come in with a glass of water and a chill pill.

Last edited:

TheDMC

Bench
Oh dont get me wrong, I agree Foran has been dissapointing. Its just when people start talking shit that I find annoying. I dont do fantastical, I keep it real. Some people go over the top with their far fetched criticisms of Foran and thats where I come in with a glass of water and a chill pill.

All good bro, although I think you drew the placebo...

Can I start a FO Hoffman thread? :)
Luke would be another good one.
What about FO RTS as captain.
Kata can have one, Thompson, Maumalo (for CNK to come in).
Kearneys got one.
Oh Gubb would want one.

To many leaving to all have one. :)

AJB1102

First Grade
I've thought about it a bit, and I believe Foran is still very mentally unfit. That permeates into physical as well. It's not something I like to bring up again but the guy did make some pretty serious actions last year in terms of his life.

In hindsight we shouldn't have expected a thing from a guy who was always on a one-year contract, historically a bad body and came to us with serious mental issues. And behind a bad pack. It was never going to work.

Jim would say he'd do it all again, if only welfare wise. But it was always going to be a failed venture, and one that has certainly not helped us one iota (and stunted Ata's development)

From a fan of another team I see him as being a bad thing for the Warriors, but the Warriors probably being a good thing for him. It is a very nice story but it won't win you a premiership, or see you make the finals, taking in all the homeless dogs. Perhaps Doyle's relationship with Foran played a bit too much in this I'm thinking.. Maybe if it were a commitment for more than 1 season, but this deal has done no good to the Warriors. Coulda missed finals with a rookie.

I don't wanna be divisive but was Doyle doing all he could to get Foran over there for a season in the best interests of Foran or the Warriors?

Foran is not all to blame, obviously. I think your #9 could think of a million places he'd rather be, and I'm not sold on SJ - he's terrifically talented but the grind of RL needs more than the odd moment of brilliance.

Its almost impossible for you lot to punt ANOTHER coach, but SK ain't gonna fix a damn thing. The Warriors need a big clean out and attitude adjustment which unfortunately will take a couple years to do. But its feeling like no coach with that ability would touch ya's with a 10ft pole.

I really do like the Warriors, for many reasons. So I'm not bashing them. Just wish they'd get it right.

Cloudsurfer

Juniors
From a fan of another team I see him as being a bad thing for the Warriors, but the Warriors probably being a good thing for him. It is a very nice story but it won't win you a premiership, or see you make the finals, taking in all the homeless dogs. Perhaps Doyle's relationship with Foran played a bit too much in this I'm thinking.. Maybe if it were a commitment for more than 1 season, but this deal has done no good to the Warriors. Coulda missed finals with a rookie.

I don't wanna be divisive but was Doyle doing all he could to get Foran over there for a season in the best interests of Foran or the Warriors?

Foran is not all to blame, obviously. I think your #9 could think of a million places he'd rather be, and I'm not sold on SJ - he's terrifically talented but the grind of RL needs more than the odd moment of brilliance.

Its almost impossible for you lot to punt ANOTHER coach, but SK ain't gonna fix a damn thing. The Warriors need a big clean out and attitude adjustment which unfortunately will take a couple years to do. But its feeling like no coach with that ability would touch ya's with a 10ft pole.

I really do like the Warriors, for many reasons. So I'm not bashing them. Just wish they'd get it right.

Agree with a lot you say but don't agree re the bit in bold...I think that's exactly what he's doing now, it just won't happen in a year. Did it with the Kiwis, cleaned out the arrogance & entitlement, got them playing as a team. They went on to have success & I'm not saying a national coach can be a successful NRL coach - but that clean-out is happening in the Warriors team and I hope Kearney gets to finish that part & see if success can follow.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Coulda missed finals with a rookie.
I think we DEFINTELY wouldve missed the finals with our rookie halves as they are still developing. Our rookies have had their shots at 1st grade and while they look promising, they havent led our team to a win yet. Lino and Ata have looked good together when we go beaten fairly convincingly a few weeks ago. With SJ and Foran back, were still losing but by closer margins not that it makes me really feel any better.

Rich102

Staff member
I think we DEFINTELY wouldve missed the finals with our rookie halves as they are still developing. Our rookies have had their shots at 1st grade and while they look promising, they havent led our team to a win yet. Lino and Ata have looked good together when we go beaten fairly convincingly a few weeks ago. With SJ and Foran back, were still losing but by closer margins not that it makes me really feel any better.

We have been saying all year our forwards are not up to the job.
Putting a couple of rookie halves behind that pack and expecting them to lead the team to victory is just plain stupid.
That said, the way the recruiting is going, one rookie half is going to get the job next year.

AJB1102

First Grade
Agree with a lot you say but don't agree re the bit in bold...I think that's exactly what he's doing now, it just won't happen in a year. Did it with the Kiwis, cleaned out the arrogance & entitlement, got them playing as a team. They went on to have success & I'm not saying a national coach can be a successful NRL coach - but that clean-out is happening in the Warriors team and I hope Kearney gets to finish that part & see if success can follow.

Yeah, that's a fair call. I said myself it'd take a while to fix so SK deserves that time to have a crack. He's obviously put a vision of a future he'd like to create to his bosses and they bought in. Takes no time to change a coach but its a long slog changing a roster.