What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kaysa or King

Hooker ootion

• Kaysa

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • King

Votes: 27 67.5%
  • Both with one on bench

Votes: 9 22.5%

• Total voters

caylo

Bench
I would play King and have Smith on the bench. His defense is good and he can fill in anywhere in the backline as well.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Only 2/8 games KING was playing 80 mins when W.Smith was available.

He had no choice when Smith started cause Bevan out or when Bevan was injured during game which forced him to.
When Bevan and Smiths been available he has gone with Smith on bench more often then not.
True, but BA hasn't felt the need to play Brown or anyone else at dummy half for the majority of games King has played. Something he has felt was needed for most of Kaysa's games.

84 Baby

Referee
You're better off with those merkins in the halves and at fullback. Hooker is a mix of playmaking with middle defence.
Pfft defence is so overrated. Who needs to tackle when you score 50 points each week? Our hooker should be leading LBAs, TAs, LBs, hitups, metres per run, offloads, kick metres and should probably goal kick too, just like Cameron Smith. Melbourne are minor premiers so obviously we should just copy them

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Anyone can be left out on the field for 80 minutes, even Vave. However, their effectiveness diminishes the more fatigued they become. There's obviously a reason BA has left Kaysa on for 80 minutes only 20% of the games he has played in compared with king who has played the full 80 minutes 63% of games he has played in.
Well the number of minutes they're able to play wouldn't be that reason.

Smith has lately had to play 80 minutes at fullback and Brown is entrenched as an 80 minute starter now. So they can't help out at dummy half to give King a rest. Kritchard also played back when our lack of kicking options starved us of possession, so he had to do more work in defence. His superior work rate and tackle effectiveness shows he's able to play as many minutes as King. King has played 80 more often because he's had to. His average minutes are almost the same as Kritchard's, leaving out the outlier of Kritchard's two injury reduced games.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
True, but BA hasn't felt the need to play Brown or anyone else at dummy half for the majority of games King has played. Something he has felt was needed for most of Kaysa's games.
Because since the early season (before King came into the side) Brown has moved into a key attacking role for 80 minutes. Playing him at dummy half removes that role.

That's why King stays out there despite his reduced effort under fatigue.

Because since the early season (before King came into the side) Brown has moved into a key attacking role for 80 minutes. Playing him at dummy half removes that role.

That's why King stays out there despite his reduced effort under fatigue.
Maybe BA is just too embarrassed to be seen pulling him off?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Both IMO, Kaysa would be a great option off the bench to left the tempo of a game after about 25-30mins.

As Pou has stated with Brown playing 80mins there are f**k all mins for the rest of the middle forwards to fill anyway.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I agree with both of you.
giphy.gif

amitropo

Juniors
How many times have you seen King down in back play from a head knock, injury or poor tackle since he made the team?
For all the great that Kayla has in his kit, he is constantly always down in games with little niggling injuries and HIA assesments . Add that with constant HIA's to Mannah & Moerra, (3 most HIA reoccurring Assesments during games each week) and at this time of season you need players with minutes in their legs.
Interchange will be at a premium due to the intensity of matches.
Against big forward packs no room on bench for him. When we have size on our side we can have him as our 14.
That's just my opinion.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
How many times have you seen King down in back play from a head knock, injury or poor tackle since he made the team?
For all the great that Kayla has in his kit, he is constantly always down in games with little niggling injuries and HIA assesments . Add that with constant HIA's to Mannah & Moerra, (3 most HIA reoccurring Assesments during games each week) and at this time of season you need players with minutes in their legs.
Interchange will be at a premium due to the intensity of matches.
Against big forward packs no room on bench for him. When we have size on our side we can have him as our 14.
That's just my opinion.

To be fair when have we seen King tackle (or attempt) a middle forward one on one ? He may have, but he definitely doesn't lead the defensive line like Kritchard does.

Regarding interchanges, see Pou posts. Brown plays 80 minutes so there is plenty of room on the bench for a utility type player rather then 4 forwards.

Noise

Coach
To be fair when have we seen King tackle (or attempt) a middle forward one on one ? He may have, but he definitely doesn't lead the defensive line like Kritchard does.

Regarding interchanges, see Pou posts. Brown plays 80 minutes so there is plenty of room on the bench for a utility type player rather then 4 forwards.

I think the last half of the season points to the fact that other blokes in the side can lead the line speed just as effectively (if not better) than Kaysa. Having ur smallest bloke charging out of the line missing blokes is not as good as a bigger bloke leading the line soeed

amitropo

Juniors
So Arthur would know Kritchard can play 80 minutes. How many minutes does he think King can play?
Yes I understand but after his current injury, which was thought to be season ending, now a quick recovery, I just think he may be a liability during the upcoming tough games.
King has been building nicely

chiefy1

Juniors
Kays or king honestly - it has to be the dumbest blog of all time.

I mean, do you really think after all the recent success the team has had with King at 9, that BA is just going to swap him with kaysa . Fmd

These fans are unbelievable - haven't we won something like 10 from the last 12.

What an absurd blog

IT'S GOT TO BE THE DUMBEST OF ALL TIME

Last edited:

amitropo

Juniors

King I believe also picks up from play the ball a lot faster and speeds up our play. Kaysa is slow at times, has thrown a few forward passes due to slow play. As I stated on Pous reply, I think Kaysa will be a liability after the injury he is returning from so soon.
BA will obviously pick who he thinks fits best according to our opponents threats.
Whether that's a hard tackler in the middle or an additional kick option.
I happy either way just believe king is a safer option right now

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I think the last half of the season points to the fact that other blokes in the side can lead the line speed just as effectively (if not better) than Kaysa. Having ur smallest bloke charging out of the line missing blokes is not as good as a bigger bloke leading the line soeed
It is, because of the disruption effect. Plus fast, busy defenders fill gaps and get numbers into tackles, slowing the ruck. If you're going to miss a tackle you want to be doing it in front of your mates, not when you're isolated with no merkin there to cover you.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yes I understand but after his current injury, which was thought to be season ending, now a quick recovery, I just think he may be a liability during the upcoming tough games.
King has been building nicely
King is certainly good enough, but do you think Arthur's would pick Kritchard if he wasn't keeping up at training?

amitropo

Juniors
King is certainly good enough, but do you think Arthur's would pick Kritchard if he wasn't keeping up at training?
Training and game day different intensity, physical contact etc.
Maybe play king 60 mins and test Kaysa this week. I would prefer a 4 forward bench with smith in the team as out on field 14 if needed.
We have been playing with 1 or 2 down during match on bench through injuries at times so one less forward might not affect us against souths to give him a run

natheel

Coach
I'd stick with King at 9 and use Kaysa off the bench. King brings us an extra kicking game which is rare having 3 options of late for us. He is a decent enough defender and his service is much crisper than Pritchards.

Latest posts