What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Semi Radradra

Gronk

Staff member
Clermont scored 800 points last season. Only 435 of that was tries. Of Toulon's 674 points, 345 came from tries. This is French rugby.

Last season 8 tries had you in the top 5 try scorers. 14 was the runaway top try scorer.

If he scores 15 tries he will be in the top 7 try scorers in a season in Top 14 history.

One player has scored 20 or more. Ever.

TBH i just checked Planet Rugby, Ultimate Rugby and the Toulon website and Semi's name is not mentioned.

They started the 17/18 comp already so Semi will need to force his way into the team.

Bazal

Post Whore
TBH i just checked Planet Rugby, Ultimate Rugby and the Toulon website and Semi's name is not mentioned.

They started the 17/18 comp already so Semi will need to force his way into the team.

Yeah he's also got plenty of competition. I'd be very surprised if he starts at all this season, Toulon have five wingers on the books other than Semi and they are all internationals....he'll be on the bench, if they deem him ready to play at all this season

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Earlier in the year I met a Brit of Fijian descent. He knew who Semi Radradra was, despite not being a rugby league fan.

This guy actually reminded me of Ali G.

Basil Brush

Juniors
And the rumours are still massive that Semi will come back to us after he finishes his season in french rugby.

Apparently he never wanted to sign with them but the court case forced his hand(while those charges turned out to be all rubbish)

El Diablo

Post Whore
Yes but i thought it was better in this thread.

It is a bit like you posting John Grant in every post...
john-grant.jpg

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...n/news-story/cdf9fc47467346e8e5c82f95094c53be

Semi Radradra vows to return to NRL with Parramatta Eels after French rugby stint with Toulon

Dean Ritchie, The Daily Telegraph
August 29, 2017 6:10pm

RAMPAGING winger Semi Radradra has vowed to return to Parramatta, declaring: “I’ll be back one day — my heart is here at the Eels.”

Radradra, a four-try hero against Brisbane last weekend, will be Parramatta’s main strike weapon in the club’s historic charge toward a first title in 31 years.

After that, the 25-year-old will head to French rugby union on a two-year deal, but with a pledge to wear the famous blue and gold again

The Eels’ finals campaign will be Radradra's last rugby league action for 2017 after he confirmed he would not play at the World Cup for either Australia or Fiji Bati.

“I’ll be back one day,” he said. “My heart is here at the Eels.

“When I first came here, I didn’t know how to play league. I learnt so much at this club. They have made me. This club will always be inside me.”

Radradra wants to be known as an Eels legend.

“I would love to. That would mean everything to me and my family,” he said. “I am going to play union, I signed for two years and want to honour that contract.”

Radradra has a one-year deal with French giants Toulon, with an option for a second, meaning he could be back in blue and gold by June next year after the Top 14 season finishes.

Asked whether he could return in 2018, Radradra said: “Let’s see what happens. I want to try something new, I don’t know what will happen after.”

JUST MARRIED

Happy wife, happy life. Radradra flew to Fiji this month to secretly marry childhood sweetheart Vika Fifita.

“It’s a whole new life for me,” he said. “Everything is easier to me, my wife has been helping me a lot as well. This is a new journey for me and my life.

“We talk every day about focusing on the game more. Just going home and spending time with her. She gives me motivation to keep striving.

“Every day we sit down as a family. I ask her about the future of myself, us and our family. We went to school together (in Fiji). She is my best mate.

“I am more settled now, I am happy. I am just looking forward to whatever comes our way. We stick together, take things day by day.”

strider

Post Whore
Lets be honest. Footballers say whatever seems right at the time. I wouldnt have any illussions of him returning. And in 1 or 2 yrs time people shouldnt get the shits saying "he promised he would come back". Shit happens, things change, life moves on.

Good luck to him whatever happens. He has given us some enjoyment for a short while.

Gronk

Staff member
Well if he did plan to be back here in June, he can hardly vocalize it. His new boss will shelve him quick smart. The comp has already started over there and he's already pushing shit up hill to get a game.

strider

Post Whore
Well if he did plan to be back here in June, he can hardly vocalize it. His new boss will shelve him quick smart. The comp has already started over there and he's already pushing shit up hill to get a game.
Tbh thats good for us ... the best chance of him coming back soon is other players going good instead of him and his boss deciding to not bother with him

Gronk

Staff member
Tbh thats good for us ... the best chance of him coming back soon is other players going good instead of him and his boss deciding to not bother with him

Was actually a bad move signing for Toulon. The gabillionaire boss has a history of warehousing elite players and quite often players game time is limited.

For example Quade Cooper only averaged 7 games per year in two years. James O'Connor 16 games in 3 years.

They play 26 rounds plus finals. Also Heineken Cup.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I hardly watch union, it's bloody boring and puts me to sleep.

So to the Union experts, does anyone think Semi will be a success in union ?

I know he has played it before, but seems like league wingers that switch over hardly set the game on fire!!

84 Baby

Referee
Was actually a bad move signing for Toulon
Yes I'm sure he'll be tossing and turning on his bed of money for struggling to get game time for half a season. He's biggest concern will be whether he wants to double down for the next season. At worse it's a 18 month luxury holiday

Gronk

Staff member
Yes I'm sure he'll be tossing and turning on his bed of money for struggling to get game time for half a season. He's biggest concern will be whether he wants to double down for the next season. At worse it's a 18 month luxury holiday
Yeah south of France not the worst joint.

phantom eel

First Grade
“I’ll be back one day,” he said. “My heart is here at the Eels.

“When I first came here, I didn’t know how to play league. I learnt so much at this club. They have made me. This club will always be inside me.”

Radradra wants to be known as an Eels legend.
Heard that before *cough* Jarryd *cough*. Should have included the disclaimer "so long as the monwy is right"?
Asked whether he could return in 2018, Radradra said: “Let’s see what happens. I want to try something new, I don’t know what will happen after".

Semi's own quote doesn't suggest he was forced or didn't want to leave... it also isn't very strong about him returning either.

Latest posts