What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rules Suggestions

Mjp81

Juniors
Haha. I thought you had already done it. I thought you beauty i can add my two rookies who will be slow burners. Maybe next year.

zombie jesus

Staff member
If you pick up an FA on IR through blind bid waivers then you can't add years.
Max 2 years for blind bid adds.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Put anything in here you might think of, good time to do it now before the season is over and we all go to The Maldives to refresh.

nick87

Coach
Rule Suggestion for 2019:

- Extend the draft by 2 rounds and/or allow UDFA won in auction at 1k to be taxi squad eligible.

zombie jesus

Staff member
48 hour timer for auctions to drag it out a bit or keep 24 with the clock switching off overnight.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Hard limit on roster numbers and cap. Right now you can go over both and fix it up afterwards.

I'm changing jobs next year so won't have the time to monitor and update all the time.

Aim is to set things up so it needs minimal contact from me.

raiders_boy

Juniors
Wondering in future if we can do the tags and renegotiations separately? As in, list the franchise tagged players, wait til that is done, then list the transitions, then do the renegotiations? I think it would make it clearer and easier for everyone to know what they're bidding on.

Mjp81

Juniors
It would be good to look into revising the salaries of the rookies. Instead of going down by $2k, maybe it goes down by $1k. That way the winners / leaders of the previous year get a bit more of a cap hit at the bottom of the round. I wouldn't be against raising the 2nd rounders as well - do we need to make the cap harder to manage, not easier???

Tom155

Coach
3 things i'd like to see moving forward

1. Expand the rosters by a yet to be determined amount of slots & accompany that with a cap rise also ytbd. Not talking an absolutely massive rise in spots just enough to add players after the initial studs of FA are gone, as noted by mjp in another thread spots to add some flyers/projects etc

2. Expand the DS double the spots to 8 at the very least, we haven't accounted for the influx of defensive players for the DS like we did when we expanded the draft. Gives people a better chance to unearth some hidden gems that otherwise would just be sitting on the waiver wire.

3. Don't know if this is possible on MFL but i'd like to see a defensive flex position added to the starting lineups.

Latest posts