What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moylan.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
Millward said that Hunt's salary was much less than 1m. Remember we let Marshall go with no replacement. So McCrone at say 350k and Marshall at say 550k = 900k which would very close to the money paid for Hunt. So that is the Hunt story put to rest.

The cap went up by more than 2m.

Graham's dollars close to Packers pay so there's another one put to rest.

Moylan's money close to Dugan's money so there is another put to rest.

EXTRAS for first grade upgrades and junior's upgrades need to be less than 2m and you have balanced salary cap.

Now if we used TPA for Graham, Hunt and say Roan, we might still be able to buy Rona and stay under the cap.

1. Moylan - Dufty back to reserve grade backup fullback.
2. Mann - Nightingale to right wing.
3. Rona - Lomax as backup
4. Lafai - Herbert as backup
5. Nightingale - Lomax as backup
6. Widdop - Field as backup
7. Hunt - Hutch as backup
8. Graham - Lawrie as backup
9. McInnes - Robson as backup
10. Vaughan - Kerr as backup
11. Thompson - Host as backup
12 Frizell - Sims as backup
13. De Belin - Sele as backup

14. Ah Mau
15. Lawrie/Kerr
16. Sims/Host/Sele
17. Robson/Field
you lost me at McCrone on $350k no way in hell is he anywhere near that...

Carlton

Juniors
Im prepared to wait and see with Widdop I know its another halve pairing with Hunt but they have both signed longer contracts so should be a combination for many years...unlike what he has had to put up with Marshall, McCrone and recently for a short time Mann and with the xtra kicking options with Hunt I think it will benefit Gareths game.....also I think with Grahams influence on the field as far as leadership drive is concerned will help Widdops captaincy.....hes not perfect I know but we have far greater concerns than him to rectify at the moment

We have no greater concern in the playing group than a leader who cant lead or manage the game effectively. This is the reason we have great stats and a dismal result.

mickeylane

Bench
you lost me at McCrone on $350k no way in hell is he anywhere near that...
You left out Aitken..

Our current spend on the cap less 4 players to come sits in at around $7.2m including Graham at 650k a season leaving us $2m spare including upgrades to THOMPSON , Frizzell, JDB, SIMMS

We can afford one more marquee at $750k and 2 top line backline players at $400k each and another at $250k

Moylan -750k
Rona -$400k
Lichaa - $300k in tandem w Mciness
????

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
You left out Aitken..

Our current spend on the cap less 4 players to come sits in at around $7.2m including Graham at 650k a season leaving us $2m spare including upgrades to THOMPSON , Frizzell, JDB, SIMMS

We can afford one more marquee at $750k and 2 top line backline players at $400k each and another at $250k

Moylan -750k
Rona -$400k
Lichaa - $300k in tandem w Mciness
????

Aitken, not sure what you mean by that, anyway can you tell me how you came up with the $7.2m

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Sorry if this is stated elsewhere but didnt I read where theres a rumour Sharks and Panthers are trying to swap Maloney for Moylan

Moylan plays in a dinner suit. He's about as willing to take the line on as Bryce Cartwright is to pay child support.

Oowwwww that was low, I like it.

Well we did just get rid of one Sooky baby who throws his toys out of the pram when he dosnt get get his own way and loves a bit of a drink, so we may as well replace him with another one.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Moylan plays in a dinner suit. He's about as willing to take the line on as Bryce Cartwright is to pay child support.

Reminds me of Ravishing Ronald from an old Bugs Bunny cartoon. Ends up getting wrapped up in his own hair-net by the champ from memory.

JDHD

Juniors
Oowwwww that was low, I like it.

Well we did just get rid of one Sooky baby who throws his toys out of the pram when he dosnt get get his own way and loves a bit of a drink, so we may as well replace him with another one.

Thing with Moylan is, I have a lot of mates in Penrith and I don't know that alcohol is all he's been imbibing if you get my drift.

Belta

Juniors
Is amazing attacking weapon but a disastrous defender, just what we need, another back that can't tackle...yeah, nah, yeah, nah I can't decide...definitely a favourite, love watching him chime into the backline, great vision..it's a yes from me