What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Elim Final, Sat - Sea Eagles 10-22 Panthers @ Allianz

Finals Week 1: Sea Eagles v Panthers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pantherz9103

First Grade
Cool.

14-4 penalty count, at home, a bullshit try to Penrith and they won by 8 (with 4 goals and we kicked none).

I'm sure that game really worried Manly......

15 games against teams outside the 8.....15! And they jagged 11 of their season wins from those games.

Stating the obvious but the draw is done before the season starts and it isn't known who will be in 8 come season's end. I would have thought playing last year's 3rd placed Raiders twice and last year's 4th placed Cowboys twice wouldn't be such an easy draw but apparently because we managed to win 3 of those 4 games against teams that finished 10th and 8th they were obviously easy...

Manly would be in the top 4 if they hadn't of lost to the Tigers and Bulldogs so at the end of the day there is still importance in winning these games against lower teams isn't there?

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Stating the obvious but the draw is done before the season starts and it isn't known who will be in 8 come season's end. I would have thought playing last year's 3rd placed Raiders twice and last year's 4th placed Cowboys twice wouldn't be such an easy draw but apparently because we managed to win 3 of those 4 games against teams that finished 10th and 8th they were obviously easy...

Manly would be in the top 4 if they hadn't of lost to the Tigers and Bulldogs so at the end of the day there is still importance in winning these games against lower teams isn't there?

Mate every win is an important one, no argument at all.

Was simply making the point that the Panthers have a dreadful record against the teams they now have to contend with in the finals.

And you are right - nobody can know when a draw is released how hard or easy that draw will be. My point was not that the Panthers were given an easy draw or run.

Mate every win is an important one, no argument at all.

Was simply making the point that the Panthers have a dreadful record against the teams they now have to contend with in the finals.

And you are right - nobody can know when a draw is released how hard or easy that draw will be. My point was not that the Panthers were given an easy draw or run.
I disagree re: the draw

Gus is supposedly to smartest rugby league brain too ever draw breath and reading his articles once there is a filter between thoughts and words he is quite the intellectual, he may have foreseen the better sides given hiss intimate knowledge of the game and all of its players and with his requests which is his right asked to play who he foreseen as shit teams more

mxlegend99

Referee
One of the first requests Panthers have is to face the Eels twice as they're the best home game we can hope for.

Gus would also prefer we played tougher teams more often. An easy draw might get you to the finals but it doesnt help you to become a better team.

Meh. Panthers season ended when Edwards was injured. Our season took off when he came in to fullback and Moylan shifted to half. Its only fitting it ends when both players are gone. With those guys out we cant outclass Manly... and we saw last week who had the better forward pack.

GongPanther

Referee
Panthers 2 from 9 against top 8 teams this season.

So yeah....that 11 from 13 was real quality stuff.

Excluding the Storm,it's been a season of unpredicability for most teams.The teams we beat weren't that much worse than us.And besides,as ppl keep quipping,You play what is in front of you.

In truth,after the events of the past 48 hours,I'm resigned to the fact that there are players who are royally pissed off with the Moylan fallout,and are apparently pointing the phone at Griffin...so the SMH will have you believe.

So while the Panthers fans and players conffidence lays in limbo until we play Manly,and hopefully beat them,only then will the team have moved on.

GongPanther

Referee
I stated the penalty count was 14-4. Is there disputing that fact?
And Cameron Smith and Jonathan Thurston don't like DCE. Not sure I'd be too upset if they were not my friends.
His team mates love him at Manly.

When it all boils down to it,his club,team,and his fans are all that matter.

GongPanther

Referee
One of the first requests Panthers have is to face the Eels twice as they're the best home game we can hope for.

Gus would also prefer we played tougher teams more often. An easy draw might get you to the finals but it doesnt help you to become a better team.

Meh. Panthers season ended when Edwards was injured. Our season took off when he came in to fullback and Moylan shifted to half. Its only fitting it ends when both players are gone. With those guys out we cant outclass Manly... and we saw last week who had the better forward pack.
It's really irking me ATM in how they have renamed Whare at Fullback. We've all seen suicidal selections like this in the semis over the ages.And we very well know how this is going to pan out.

But all in all,as long as the Panthers actually turn up and put in the effort in for this match,I'll be happy...win lose or non-draw.

cain3y

Juniors
Come on panthers fire up. If whare runs out at fullback i am going to cry, surely he never ever plays there ever ever again. Did you hear that Griffin never ever.

stormbati

Bench
Surely the Manly spine get them home. All but Tom T. have played in Grand Finals but for some reason I have a feeling Penrith will steal it at the death.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Darcy Lussick not guilty of tripping Wallace?

Bozo still inflencing the judiciary since his NSW Blues days.Old habits...

Have you gone with an icecream container wrapped in foil, or perhaps stepped it up to a baseball cap wrapped in foil, for the finals?

GongPanther

Referee
Have you gone with an icecream container wrapped in foil, or perhaps stepped it up to a baseball cap wrapped in foil, for the finals?

LOL,no Beave,a tin-foil Sombraro.

Accidental or not,it was still a trip.If it was a accidental head high shot,would he have got off? And these tripping incedents seem to get penalised at the judiciary during the comp games.So what is the difference here?

And just like the SOO,it has occured that players have got off,were they normally wouldn't have.

Surely you do know where I'm coming from?

stormbati

Bench
I'm thinking Waqa Blake will get one back on Kelly this week. Waqa might be the quickest on the field but his acceleration is Luke Covell like and won't make the same mistake.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
LOL,no Beave,a tin-foil Sombraro.

Accidental or not,it was still a trip.If it was a accidental head high shot,would he have got off? And these tripping incedents seem to get penalised at the judiciary during the comp games.So what is the difference here?

And just like the SOO,it has occured that players have got off,were they normally wouldn't have.

Surely you do know where I'm coming from?

Fulton does not get Manly players off at the judiciary.

Take a look at our record this year and tell me you think we have influence.

No Manly players have the surname of Burgess, Smith etc

As for trips.....every one I have seen this season gets a $1500 fine and "naughty boy" note attached to the receipt.

GongPanther

Referee
Fulton does not get Manly players off at the judiciary.

Take a look at our record this year and tell me you think we have influence.

No Manly players have the surname of Burgess, Smith etc

As for trips.....every one I have seen this season gets a $1500 fine and "naughty boy" note attached to the receipt.

So then,was he at least fined?

Tronald Crump

Juniors
I said the penalty count was 14-4.

Show me where in the post I said we were robbed by the penalty count?

A 14-4 penalty count is an advantage to the team that receives 14 penalties is it not?

Jesus, its not that difficult a concept is it?????????

You keep bringing up the penalty count(14 - 4 by the way) since page 4 so it must be a problem. Perhaps you can't accept you team was outplayed in round 18 despite the penalty count being 14 - 4.
I wouldn't say you were stating you were robbed. Just peeved the penalty count was 14 - 4.

Well of course 14 - 4 is an advantage. Yes, but that is NOT the reason you lost.
Manly were shit and ill disciplined that night. And the penalty count was 14 - 4.;)

Nice Beaver

First Grade
You keep bringing up the penalty count(14 - 4 by the way) since page 4 so it must be a problem. Perhaps you can't accept you team was outplayed in round 18 despite the penalty count being 14 - 4.
I wouldn't say you were stating you were robbed. Just peeved the penalty count was 14 - 4.

Well of course 14 - 4 is an advantage. Yes, but that is NOT the reason you lost.
Manly were shit and ill disciplined that night. And the penalty count was 14 - 4.;)

I'd try to reason and argue the point with you, but I have neither the patience nor tolerence for dills.

Carry on.