What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Elim Final, Sat - Sea Eagles 10-22 Panthers @ Allianz

Finals Week 1: Sea Eagles v Panthers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ed-grimley

Bench
Fulton does not get Manly players off at the judiciary.

Take a look at our record this year and tell me you think we have influence.

No Manly players have the surname of Burgess, Smith etc

As for trips.....every one I have seen this season gets a $1500 fine and "naughty boy" note attached to the receipt.
If getting tripped was the worst thing that could happen to you on a footy field...

GongPanther

Referee
Not guilty mate.

I hope they gave him a cabcharge voucher for his trouble too :laughing:
I just looked at the trip. It looks as though because where his body was positioned,and when his arms reached out,his legs came out like a counterweight.

Give him a pass on this.Wouldn't want to miss a game because of that.

GongPanther

Referee
I'm thinking Waqa Blake will get one back on Kelly this week. Waqa might be the quickest on the field but his acceleration is Luke Covell like and won't make the same mistake.

Thing with Blake (and DWZ) is,he can be a loose footballer that can have some dumb shit in his game.I think it comes down to being measured in the moment.Like if there is a pass near our line,or the sideline,that goes astray,weigh up what is in front of them,instead of trying to be instintively going for the miracle plays and envsion themselves in scoring a runaway try...of course unless it's a clean intercept.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
I just looked at the trip. It looks as though because where his body was positioned,and when his arms reached out,his legs came out like a counterweight.

Give him a pass on this.Wouldn't want to miss a game because of that.

Agree (shock horror haha)

Always good to discuss footy with an objective mind GP!

GongPanther

Referee
Agree (shock horror haha)

Always good to discuss footy with an objective mind GP!

Agreed NB.It's the time of the year when everyone should be getting into the nitty gritty of conversation preferably [for me] without the hardcore bullshit.

Exuberant banter is fine,but what happens when ppl make it into a pissing contest, can be funny,but can turn South at times.

Anyway,whatever happens,it's going to be quite the event,as all the games this weekend will be.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Agreed NB.It's the time of the year when everyone should be getting into the nitty gritty of conversation preferably [for me] without the hardcore bullshit.

Exuberant banter is fine,but what happens when ppl make it into a pissing contest, can be funny,but can turn South at times.

Anyway,whatever happens,it's going to be quite the event,as all the games this weekend will be.

If the Panthers beat us I will be cheering for you blokes to go further.

Get through Saturday first......

Next to the Roosters Manly are the biggest cheats in the NRL. Hope they get thrashed.
How exactly do they cheat? By being 1.3 million under the cap if the Watmough retirement was rightfully used as precedence? Or are we like Cronulla and Newcastle and cheat using PEDs?Or you just a dick pulling wank pheasant with no actual evidence?

Nice Beaver

First Grade
How exactly do they cheat? By being 1.3 million under the cap if the Watmough retirement was rightfully used as precedence? Or are we like Cronulla and Newcastle and cheat using PEDs?Or you just a dick pulling wank pheasant with no actual evidence?

Blade's daddy told him when he was a little boy that big, bad Manly poached players 40 years ago.

Blade does not want to disappoint his daddy,so we are cheats. It makes him a sweet imbecile.

matrightyeh

Juniors
manly in this
happy.gif
happy.gif

happy.gif

happy.gif
happy.gif

pantherz9103

First Grade
If Penrith win I'll be pleasantly surprised given the Moylan drama, pathetic form against the same opponent last week and other injury concerns. It's the least excited I've been going into a Penrith finals appearance since, well, ever! so prove me wrong and give me reason to be excited!

mxlegend99

Referee
Waqa Blake gone for the season. Requires shoulder surgery. Explains his defensive efforrs recently. Normally a beast and he looked terrible.

Why the f**k are we losing the guys we need when we need them? Edwards is a slim chance at playing. But I cant see it.

I think were debuting a rookie fullback tomorrow. To go with out super experienced halves. Wallace playing busted... yeah tomorrow is going to be an annihilation.

TheFrog

Coach
I think were debuting a rookie fullback tomorrow. To go with out super experienced halves. Wallace playing busted... yeah tomorrow is going to be an annihilation.
You should look at the Cowboys game. They think they are the only team with injury worries.

OldPanther

Coach
I wasn't going to go because I live on the central coast and have work the next day at 5am but decided it was worth it. If the boys play with heart and effort I'll be happy.

Scotty003

Juniors
JUST IN via @PenrithPanthers 19min ago is that Griffin confirms Dylan Edwards is likely to play against Manly.

A big inclusion for us especially that Blake is now out.
Whare to centre - which is the best option anyway.

roofromoz

First Grade
Updated Penrith list... no Blake or Browne (hand injury).

20. Dylan EDWARDS
2. Josh MANSOUR
3. Tyrone PEACHEY
1. Dean WHARE
5. Dallin WATENE-ZELEZNIAK
6. Tyrone MAY
7. Nathan CLEARY
8. James TAMOU
9. Peter WALLACE (c)
10. Reagan CAMPBELL-GILLARD
11. Corey HARAWIRA-NAERA
12. Isaah YEO
13. Trent MERRIN

14. Sione KATOA
15. Bryce CARTWRIGHT
17. James FISHER-HARRIS
18. Moses LEOTA
19. Viliame KIKAU
21. Jarome LUAI

Guessing Leota and Luai will drop out 1 hour before kick off. Kikau provides more impact than Leota IMO.

BuddPanther

Juniors
Team to return serve by 16

20. Dylan EDWARDS
2. Josh MANSOUR
3. Tyrone PEACHEY
1. Dean WHARE
5. Dallin WATENE-ZELEZNIAK
6. Tyrone MAY
7. Nathan CLEARY
8. James TAMOU
9. Peter WALLACE (c)