What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which coaches are secure at the moment?

King hit

Coach
Griffen and Hasler are safe. McGregor would be in trouble but I can see the Dragons keeping him.

dannyt

Coach
Griffen and Hasler are safe. McGregor would be in trouble but I can see the Dragons keeping him.
With an unexpectedly good start, mary was secure. However, the poor second half of the year must have him on shaky ground.

Expectations are high for 2018 due to the potential (albeit unfulfilled) showed this year, combined with the signing of Hunt and Graham.

Based on this, you would expect a pass mark to be the top 4 in 2018. If not achieved, out the door.

However, this is the same club that denied Bennett a 5 year contract and extended mary and price mid season only to see them crash and burn.

Who the hell can predict what this level of stupidity will do next?

Danish

Referee
I would swap Brown and Mary on the lists in the OP.

Brown is secure because, frankly, Newcastle don't have the cash to be hunting for a new coach and I think incremental improvement each year is all they are looking for.

Mary SHOULD be on rocky ground, although Saints are a weird club and are just as likely to sign him up long term out of the blue. The signing of Graham will be a big boost for them too.

thing is though with coaches, it only takes 1-2 to get the punt before they are all in the shit. NRL coaching is a game of musical chairs in reverse. There are only 7-8 good coaches to go around, and when one of those good ones (Maguire) suddenly becomes available, it tends to kick off a chain reaction of other clubs trying to trade up

With an unexpectedly good start, mary was secure. However, the poor second half of the year must have him on shaky ground.

Expectations are high for 2018 due to the potential (albeit unfulfilled) showed this year, combined with the signing of Hunt and Graham.

Based on this, you would expect a pass mark to be the top 4 in 2018. If not achieved, out the door.

However, this is the same club that denied Bennett a 5 year contract and extended mary and price mid season only to see them crash and burn.

In business you always try to outdo yourself

Peter Sharp must be incoming on 3 mil a year for 7 years

Nice Beaver

First Grade

Jesus. I think expecting top 4 for the Dragons in 2018 is overshooting the mark.

The arrival in 2018 of English star prop James Graham will give a stronger platform for English star five eighth Gareth Widdop to weave his magic.

Latest posts