What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT - User name & Pic

Life's Good

Coach
Its our off-season already so let me be the first to kick off a random thread about user names & pics. I'll kick it off.

My user name is based on the initials of my name. The picture is the logo of the real king of the road - A Kenworth prime mover. It's a reminder of my dearly departed, much missed father who was a long haul interstate truck driver for close to 50 years.

What's the story behind yours??

(Mods, please merge if there is an existing thread on this).

Last edited:
I'm not kidding, last time I was at Sharks Leagues with the man responsible for finding the long lost Endevour Cup ( what a comp that was) there were a pair of Colin Best's boots painted gold in the trophy cabinet, dunno why, maybe he won the "Best Turnstile" award that year.

Life's Good

Coach
I'm not kidding, last time I was at Sharks Leagues with the man responsible for finding the long lost Endevour Cup ( what a comp that was) there were a pair of Colin Best's boots painted gold in the trophy cabinet, dunno why, maybe he won the "Best Turnstile" award that year.
Shame you didn't get a photo of them.
He was ok for us in 2005 but turned to sh*t in 06 when he just couldn't keep up with Gaz and those flick passes.

JDHD

Juniors
My name is Jeremy and I have ADHD; hence, JDHD. I decided to put Ben Hunt's face on Jesus' body because Hunt will absolutely 100% guaranteed be our saviour without question no need to touch wood will win a decade of consecutive premierships.

Frank Facer

First Grade
My username is that of our legendary CEO (was then called club secretary) who was in charge in our golden era, when we won 11 premierships in a row. I was well aware of Frank Facer during my teens in the mid 1980's. In year 12 our year master asked us all what our dream job was and I said to be CEO of St George rugby league club. The teacher liked my response.

My avitar is a shield with the St George cross on it. It is called the St George Shield, it also called the Crusader Shield or a Nights Templar Shield. There is a lot of history behind that shield. The St George cross is the red cross in the middle of the British flag and on our Australian flag. St George is England's patron Saint and the St George cross is the symbol of St George. They celebrate St George's day in England on the 23rd of April.

Last edited:

Old Timer

Coach
Most would think Old Timer purely relates to me being older than most (definitely not all) but not quite correct
It actually relates to being at a game some 20 years ago when in my 40's I was giving it to Matthew Ridge and a young teen age Manly supporter said
Ace it up Old Timer get off his back so it sort of stuck
Re avatar I had Rocket Reddy last year who was one of my favourites and a bit more contemporary but this year had Changa my all time favourite
Next season yet to choose and no I don't need any suggestions from the smart arse's

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
My user name Blood Shot Eyes because obviously I only have eyes for the Red n Whites......not necessarily from alcohol.....although I do enjoy a bourbon or 3.....my eyes do look rather blood shot and tired lately I think its from all the crying Ive been doing since McGregors been in charge......maybe next year I will ad a pic

Last edited:

blacksafake

First Grade
My username is that of our legendary CEO (was then called club secretary) who was in charge in our golden era, when we won 11 premierships in a row. I was well aware of Frank Facer during my teens in the mid 1980's. In year 12 our year master asked us all what my dream job was and I said to be CEO of St George rugby league club. The teacher liked my response.

My avitar is a shield with the St George cross on it. It is called the St George Shield, it also called the Crusader Shield or a Nights Templar Shield. There is a lot of history behind that shield. The St George cross is the red cross in the middle of the British flag and on our Australian flag. St George is England's patron Saint and the St George cross is the symbol of St George. They celebrate St George's day in England on the 23rd of April.
So when do you take over from Doust lol

Drakon

Juniors
From Wikipedia:- Drakon may refer to: the Ancient Greek drakôn (δράκων), meaning "giant serpent" or "dragon" Draco.

I guess I'm a bit of an old Dragon myself.

I chose the Dragon trying to hold back his smoke under the 'NO SMOKING' sign as a bit of a light hearted piece of humour.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
This may come as a shock but I'm not really Scottish. Johnno McJohnno is an anglicisation of my real name which happens to be both foreign and difficult to pronounce.

The avatar comes from super-hero round which is the only game I can ever get my daughter to watch with me. Quite like Ant-man though and he looks much better in the Red Vee.