What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

hindy111

Post Whore
Been f**king pumped this whole week!
Now I'm at the point where I've never been this pumped before. It's quite scary. Does anyone know what happens if you get pumped too much?
Can you overdose on pumpedness?

Hemies

Kornstar

Coach
Seriously, does anyone think we have a chance of being within 20 of them?

Cameron Smith's record breaking NRL game, Slater needs 1 try to break some other finals record, Cronk's potential last game in Melbourne (yes when they win he will get another) and they never play bad on big occasions.

I get the feeling after 20 minutes that we will be so far behind that their heads will drop and it could end up a cricket score.

Yes i am negative but i just cannot see us being anywhere near them, especially knowing that we are one of the bottom teams in penalties received and their pack will be allowed to just set up camp on us and we will be penalised for tackling them on many occasions.

I smell an embarrassment coming up, everything is set up for it!

My wife just asked if i'm nervous, but just like the 09 GF i knew there was no chance in hell we would beat them and that we would get nothing and they would be able to slow the game down as much as they wanted.

The occasion will be too big for most of our team too, so little experience in finals in critical positions.

Lethal

Juniors

Cameron Smith's record breaking NRL game, Slater needs 1 try to break some other finals record, Cronk's potential last game in Melbourne (yes when they win he will get another) and they never play bad on big occasions.

I get the feeling after 20 minutes that we will be so far behind that their heads will drop and it could end up a cricket score.

Yes i am negative but i just cannot see us being anywhere near them, especially knowing that we are one of the bottom teams in penalties received and their pack will be allowed to just set up camp on us and we will be penalised for tackling them on many occasions.

My wife just asked if i'm nervous, but just like the 09 GF i knew there was no chance in hell we would beat them and that we would get nothing and they would be able to slow the game down as much as they wanted.

The occasion will be too big for most of our team too, so little experience in finals in critical positions.

The negative merkin appears right on cue.

Stevie

Bench

Well I just put $50 on them to win 13+
@ $23

lingard

Coach

You are probably right. But every other team in the finals (except Melbourne) has shown that they are vulnerable. That means we have a pretty fair chance of winning next week. I hope it's against the Cowboys, but I think the Sharks will be easier than Melbourne. Having said all that, I still think we are the sort of team that is capable of troubling Melbourne. If we ambush them and get ahead early, we could beat them.

hindy111

Post Whore

2009 gf we had ball inside there 10 6 behind with 5 to go....Dud strip call costs us game. We had a chance.

Kornstar

Coach
You are probably right. But every other team in the finals (except Melbourne) has shown that they are vulnerable. That means we have a pretty fair chance of winning next week. I hope it's against the Cowboys, but I think the Sharks will be easier than Melbourne. Having said all that, I still think we are the sort of team that is capable of troubling Melbourne. If we ambush them and get ahead early, we could beat them.

The start for us is important today absolutely! We need them to be slightly off their game while us playing a perfect game. We need to swarm to the ball as they say in the NFL. Desperation is key!

2009 gf we had ball inside there 10 6 behind with 5 to go....Dud strip call costs us game. We had a chance.

You're dud strip call is pretty much my point about knowing that we wouldn't win. I expect to get a fair few dud calls today too.

Incorrect

Coach

I think we'll know within the first 10 minutes whether we lose by 6 or 46. I'm a pessimistic merkin and don't expect a win today, but I want to see us stick it to them. And I think a loss will harden us for a good tilt during the rest of the finals. I was telling a mate yesterday, if we have to lose, I'd rather lose to the Storm today and get another shot at them on GF day. I don't see us, or any team, beating the Storm twice in the space of 3-4 weeks...

Hope we hang with them today and get them on October 1st

hindy111

Post Whore
The start for us is important today absolutely! We need them to be slightly off their game while us playing a perfect game. We need to swarm to the ball as they say in the NFL. Desperation is key!

You're dud strip call is pretty much my point about knowing that we wouldn't win. I expect to get a fair few dud calls today too.

Anyone remember another semi years prior parra vs storm. Smith was cosch and we where ahead and in control. I think was the year they beat saints in final.
A strip on Luke Burt inside our 40 should of been a penalty to us and put us on the attack. But they got away with it. Changed the momentum as they scored.
2 strips both wrong calls.

Kornstar

Coach
I think we'll know within the first 10 minutes whether we lose by 6 or 46. I'm a pessimistic merkin and don't expect a win today, but I want to see us stick it to them. And I think a loss will harden us for a good tilt during the rest of the finals. I was telling a mate yesterday, if we have to lose, I'd rather lose to the Storm today and get another shot at them on GF day. I don't see us, or any team, beating the Storm twice in the space of 3-4 weeks...

Hope we hang with them today and get them on October 1st

Yeah i said the same thing during the week. Losing today in a close one would be more beneficial than trying to beat them twice. I know a team doesn't play that way and i'm not suggestion that either but from a fans point of view that is how i feel.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Well my son has never seen the eels play finals and he is in his 6th season of footy!! Anyhow he goes for the storm!!